1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

The Asus STRIX 1080Ti looks amazing!

The BASE clock is faster than the BOOST of the Founder Edition lol!! Unreal.

I applaud EVGA for including a sweet GPU with their poster!
IMG_12651.jpg

Still waiting on the asus strix version. I just hope they won't come out with an OC model after I get it.

Last edited:
any idea on the date for these? I keep seeing something about the 28th (tommorow) but not sure.
Not for these specific models, but I have always heard that we would start seeing custom AIB models the last week of March.

Hoping to see the evga ones as well, they did say they were doing preorders for the FTW starting tomorrow but Not sure about their other 2 models.

According to a post in the EVGA forums the length specs are incorrect.

Scarlet-Tech said:
The ftw3 dimensions are wrong in the specs. The only thing thwy have available at this time is a rendering, so final measurements will come when the release the actual card.

It is NOT the same size as a reference card.

Back to the drawing board for me.
The Titan is the length I need so maybe someone might trade me for it.
Seems funny having to compromise for a Titan.

Just do yourself a favor and buy a new case or mod your current one.

What case do you have?

I don't live in the US but the gigabyte Aorus is already in retail stores where I live. I had the box in my hands, sadly, I had to pass on it because I need a 2 slot card.

Something tells me all of the top end AIB cards are just days away

Gigabye Gaming card was in stock here, for a couple of hours. Seems Strix etc comes in stock in the first few days of April.

I've now seen two Ti's without a backplate. One from gigabyte and another from MSI. $700 plus card and no backplate? Lame.

I've now seen two Ti's without a backplate. One from gigabyte and another from MSI. $700 plus card and no backplate? Lame.
Depends if the ram and VRMs are adequately cooled.
The Accelero Xtreme III cooler doesnt come with a backplate and is considered superior to the Xtreme IV which does.
Direct cooling of components beats cooling them through the PCB if there is enough space.
If you can do both, even more ftw, but is very little benefit unless pushing for extremes.

Why not just get a 1080 Ti FE, then?

It'd make more sense just to buy a new case. We have a SFF section, I'd check for something of higher quality than a SG13 that can fit the card.
Nothing else at the time of the build had the options I wanted.
EVGA has updated the specs and it might fit at 10.6 inches. The SC2 is 10.5. I will order 1 of each.

Pre-orders are up on the EVGA website for all three AIB models but they won't be shipping for another 3-4 weeks. I just put my order in for a FTW3 :D

Going to have to wait for Amazon to get some of the custom cards in stock since I have $300 worth of GC there. Wish I could preorder a FTW...

I preordered a FTW3...

... Now I'm off to mull all day if I should've waited for Aorus or Asus lol

The Asus STRIX 1080Ti looks amazing!

The BASE clock is faster than the BOOST of the Founder Edition lol!! Unreal.

Doesn't really mean much does it? Most people with FEs are seeing boost clocks up at 1900+.

What matters is if the boost clock of the Strix can hold 2000 or 2100+.

Doesn't really mean much does it? Most people with FEs are seeing boost clocks up at 1900+.

What matters is if the boost clock of the Strix can hold 2000 or 2100+.
Yeah, the whole boost/base clock spec as listed comparisons between the AIB cards with custom coolers and the FE cards are pretty pointless when they all run a few hundred mhz over the printed boost clock to begin with. What's far more important is how high it can actually go with the boost clock and can it maintain that without bouncing around due to throttling for one reason or another.

I can almost smell the fresh PCB! Glad to hear that you guys are getting details across the pond. I'm crossing my fingers that Amazon will get a shipment of AIB's soon.

Oh they finally have real pics of the FTW now. I hope reviewers get their hands on them soon, interested to see it disassembled.

I tried to pre-order the FTW3 and poof went the card on the last stage of the order fuck this shit i might as well get a blower.

I just ordered one from dell, they sell the PNY FE model. Its out of stock for a few weeks but I don't really care, I had $384 of rewards that were going to expire plus a discount coupon so I got it for $450.

As some have reported, stable single gpu higher end manual overclocks (real world, long gaming sessions, no artifacting, crashing, etc) are not necessarily stable in sli configurations - even ruling out heat concerns (using water). Therefore the stock boost clocks could be meaningful for some people in sli setups as they should be a slightly higher stable-in-sli boost clock baseline to work from as opposed to the stock card boost clocks. The power connections are different too.

OC Boost clocks (default)_____Power ________Outputs
gigabyte Aorus....1746 ........ 8pin + 8pin .........1 DVI, 3 HDMI, 3xDisplayport
asus STRIX.........1683..........8pin + 8pin .........1 DVI, 1 HDMI, 3xDisplayPort
evga FTW ICX......1680 ........ 8pin + 8pin .........1 DVI, 1 HDMI, 3xDisplayPort
evga SC ICX ........1670 ........8pin + 6pin..........1 DVI, 1 HDMI, 3xDisplayPort
evga FoundersEd..1582.........8pin + 6pin..........1 DVI, 1 HDMI, 3xDisplayPort

4LTiBLv.png

Last edited:
GBT_Brian

AORUS Community Manager

16h
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately due to unexpected shipment delays, it looks like we have to postpone the GTX 1080 Ti Launch Till Tuesday April 4th, 2017. Sorry for the delay everyone, I know everyone was excited to get their hands on one this week. Will update more on if anything changes regarding incoming shipments.

Just saw that on the Gigabyte Gaming subreddit. Heads up for those who were planning on buying one on Friday.

Which model do you guys think is better, Aorus or Asus Strix ? Acually an honest question because I'm torn. Currently using a 970 strix and I love it... I almost never hear a thing under load and the fans don't even spin at all on desktop use.

They seem neck and neck in terms of quality...

Last edited:
Back