1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

Personally I would wait for a custom cooler card unless you're gonna put the card on water, the stock blower is kind of loud if you're running it at max OC.
The Accelero Xtreme coolers are a great alternative for single card (dual is possible on widely spaced PCI-Ex8 slots).
I use the Xtreme IV on my 980ti, its practically silent all the time and is a much better cooler than the EVGA ACX2.0+.
With the 1.25V bios clocked to 1500MHz, load temps are mid 70's.
With the stock bios clocked to 1450MHz, load temps are mid 60's.
(my ASIC is pretty poor, 69.3%. Others results are much better)

Mine takes 3 slots not 5 as others suggest.
Unless you need to populate your mobo with a few more PCI-E cards, you wont care.
Your case will need to accommodate the extra length, I took a dremel to my Antec 900, its a bit old and a cm short.
The new Coolermaster 690 III has a removable drive bay which makes it an easy fit.

Ordered the backordered Asus card from Newegg.
Hopefully I'll get it before Mass Effect Andromeda.

edit:

refreshed the page, snagged the EVGA and cancelled the Asus card.
Looks like they're verifying my CC, got a ship date of 3/13

spicy edit: card charged

Last edited:
Mad at my local MC. Called them like I mentioned earlier and had my wife stop by at 1230. They gave out vouchers I guess at 5am this morning. F that. If they say they can't talk about it or give out details regarding shipment.... Then don't give out vouchers like that! Or tell me on the phone so no wasted stop. Talk about a cluster. But I should have expected this. Silly me.

I got up at 5am to get ready and be at Microcenter at 6am. Took my lawn chair, pee bottle, water, food, blanket, battery brick for phone and my kindle .... ended up meeting 1 other guy down there who turned out to be pretty cool. We ended up having to wait 6 hours since they could only sell the cards at 12 noon CST. They only had 5 cards. I got one and they sold 2 others. Not sure who bought the last 2.

Microcenter is saying they will not have any more 1080 ti'a in stock until mid-April is what they are being told. 3 or so weeks sounds like a long time but I think I've seen this happen before with past launches on limited stock. I kinda still don't believe what I was told.

Card is 30% heavier than Asus Strix 1080 and a bit smaller. Probably due to the cooling solution.

Fire Strike score was 21663 without any overclocking. During benchmark, card was very quiet. I think there is a lot of headroom on this card. Will wait to see what others are able to do with an overclock before I push mine.

It's very very quiet.

ddaOGA1.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious, I've literally never had a FE or stock cooler card. My 970 and 980ti weren't the stock coolers. Just how different generally on past releases were the temps between the stock and custom coolers anyway?? I have pretty good airflow and wire maintenance in my case, a lot of fans, and never have a problem with temps... but wondering how that stock fan really is, since I've never had a card with it before.

There are a lot of pro's and cons for both. A lot of people prefer the AIO for more efficient and quiet cooling with many sporting enhanced fan designs, triple fans, smaller size and more sometimes allowing for more OC overhead with less heat and so on. Others prefer the Reference designs because OCing is not something they plan to do, they prefer to vent the hot air out of their case, they dont want to wait or do not mind a bit more noise for a potentially equal or lower cost to the AIO. Reference cards are usually easier to find water blocks for since the layout and design is standardized.

I personally prefer the reference to vent the air out of the case and my airflow is designed to support that. My fan curve's are moderate (these are things people should be posting now when calling a cards loud or quiet since we all have different opinions on "loud" but knowing what the fan is running at X temp can give people an idea) and keep my noise level reasonable for me.

Right now on my 7970 I have it maxed on the core through Afterburner at 1125, +2 on power and the memory at 1400. My card never gets above 70c give or take a few with room temps. The fan runs around 50 to 60% during games I believe. My curve ramps up quick though, if the card is at 80c the fan is at 85 to 90% if I recall. My system is under my desk which dampens a fair bit of noise and with my earphones on its not bad. Yes I hear it but after many years of much worse I can live with it since the rest of the system is quiet.

You cant go wrong either way, just depends on your desires and tolerances. Hoping stock returns soon so amazon will ship mine out soon!

Reactions: drklu
like this
I love you. After my last post I saw your post and hopped on newegg. Grabbed a EVGA one :cool:

Nevermind. Newegg declined my Newegg store card payment. Waiting for them to call me now because there was no reason to decline it as I have plenty of credit free. I've probably lost my place. If I have I'm going to cancel my Newegg card and my order. This is the second and last time they have screwed up an order for me.

Nevermind. Newegg declined my Newegg store card payment. Waiting for them to call me now because there was no reason to decline it as I have plenty of credit free. I've probably lost my place. If I have I'm going to cancel my Newegg card and my order. This is the second and last time they have screwed up an order for me.
My card vendor turned down my purchase in case it was fraudulent.
It took 10 mins on the phone to resolve by which time I was put on pre-order.
But it still says to expect delivery on Monday so not sure...

However, it saved me £65 because the first place I tried was £50 over priced and had £15 delivery.
Then I found one for £700 with free delivery when trying another place to see if my card worked there.
Dont mind if its a bit late, that pays for the Accelero Xtreme cooler later :)

About AIB aviability... Caseking.de shows date of arrival on 24th April for most of the new solution. That's about 1,5 month to wait. So fuck it. Just ordered the 1080 Ti directly from EVGA EU. I'm not their greatest fan, but at least they didn't jack up the prices, like the stores did - cheapest I can find is 880 euro in store, while eu.evga.com sells them for 820 euro - which is NV MSRP. And if I don't like the noise or the AIB cards arrive earlier, well... we have the wonderful 14 days to return product for full price no question asked.

About AIB aviability... Caseking.de shows date of arrival on 24th April for most of the new solution. That's about 1,5 month to wait. So fuck it. Just ordered the 1080 Ti directly from EVGA EU. I'm not their greatest fan, but at least they didn't jack up the prices, like the stores did - cheapest I can find is 880 euro in store, while eu.evga.com sells them for 820 euro - which is NV MSRP. And if I don't like the noise or the AIB cards arrive earlier, well... we have the wonderful 14 days to return product for full price no question asked.
Damn. That's $874.90 USD.. Nvidia MSRP is $699.99 USD, which would be 656.07 Euro. Why such a huge markup?

Yep, UK price is £700 inc vat for some, £750 for others and some have post on top.
I got lucky when my card got fraud blocked, saved me £65 when I changed site.

Yep, UK price is £700 inc vat for some, £750 for others and some have post on top.
I got lucky when my card got fraud blocked, saved me £65 when I changed site.
Was also checking the overclockers.uk prices when browsing for card... those are insane ones. Brexit "tax' hit you hard. Over 800 pounds for AIB card hurts, it's almost Titan X range :/

And if the FE sounds madly loud, I'll just slap it with Accelero. It might be fugly, but case is hidden under desk, so I don't bother :)

Reactions: Nenu
like this
Was also checking the overclockers.uk prices when browsing for card... those are insane ones. Brexit "tax' hit you hard. Over 800 pounds for AIB card hurts, it's almost Titan X range :/

And if the FE sounds madly loud, I'll just slap it with Accelero. It might be fugly, but case is hidden under desk, so I don't bother :)
Re Accelero, exactly my thinking. I wont need a mad overclock for quite some time so I'll Xtreme IV or V it later :)
I'm using the IV with my 980ti, its great.
I think we got let off quite lightly with £700 for the FE, only a few % over RRP considering its 20% vat.

Fuck..., when I clicked proceed it ended with "the Product : 11G-P4-6390-KR is sold out....". Guess I'll be waiting for the card from locak stores, they should have it by the end of next week :/

Yep, it is... 144 euro tax :/
View attachment 19032

Don't worry, they get taxed in the US too. But it's not shown in the retail price and it varies from state to state. And they also get taxed on other things or in different ways.
Tbh the fact that we only pay 10-20€ extra on top of the MSRP is actually amazing and we should be thankful :)

This has got to be the most active this forum has been!

Fraud prevention.
If your phone rings pick it up.
I know, I just want to yell SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! I was in fracking Server management meetings all morning so I missed my early window, was pissed, then saw it available, then card blocked....this day has. been. a. mess.

I did lose my order. They said they couldn't resubmit the payment on the Newegg store card (but they could if I used any other card, funny that). I had to cancel my order and reorder to use the Newegg card. When I cancelled it would free up the card I ordered and I could just add it back again. So I cancelled, it showed back up as in stock, I added it to cart, clicked next on shipment, next on payment, got to confirm order screen annnnnddd.... no longer available. Poached. I am *pissed*.

I did lose my order. They said they couldn't resubmit the payment on the Newegg store card (but they could if I used any other card, funny that). I had to cancel my order and reorder to use the Newegg card. When I cancelled it would free up the card I ordered and I could just add it back again. So I cancelled, it showed back up as in stock, I added it to cart, clicked next on shipment, next on payment, got to confirm order screen annnnnddd.... no longer available. Poached. I am *pissed*.

^this, I am really really hoping that I didn't get hosed!

Argh, didn't get in on the second wave of orders for new egg - added to cart, when to checkout, and was notified item was no longer in stock. Put in a back order for the Asus.. we'll see if that bites me in the ass.

I kept checking newegg every hour or 2 all day. Had an EVGA in my cart at 3:00pm CST, logged into paypal (sold my 1080 to fund), went back to order, and not available. -.-
Then I got to back order the Asus, and you can't use paypal for backorders. Maybe I should just wait.... But using my old EVGA gtx580 as my temp card is rough haha.

Back