1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I guess custom cards are officially not going to be today. Oh well, I should wait anyway. I was being impatient by even considering buying today.

Was able to complete step up from my 1080 to 1080 ti, took a bit to get the website to load but finally got it through.

So besides being an early adopter, what is the advantage of having the FE rather than wait for other vendors (and possibly get a water cooler)?

So besides being an early adopter, what is the advantage of having the FE rather than wait for other vendors (and possibly get a water cooler)?

I would think a later custom cooling solution would be even better than a FE

Order placed via amazon for EVGA version direct through Amazon LLC. Woooo!
With my CC points and giftcards it was $170 out of pocket... coming from a gtx 680 so this is going to be one hell of an upgrade.

Well for me I like the nvidia standard cooling since I like the how exhaust out of my case. Also the boost on the FE's has been shown to be dam good so I'm cool with FE's. I usually get SC editions from EVGA but this time FE's are ok.

Wen't ahead and ordered an MSI one from Amazon. Free shipping whenever they get more in stock.

Reactions: drklu
like this

As Savoy said for me as well. I prefer to vent the air out of my case, depending on how well it cools and performs I may or may not put it on water and FE's usually have more compatibility for that.

By the time these cards stay in-stock at reasonable prices, the GTX 2070 will be launching and beating it at $400. -_-

Reactions: Savoy
like this
Amazon has not had stock and sold out. If you place a pre-order now you might be in good shape, FYI.

By the time these cards stay in-stock at reasonable prices, the GTX 2070 will be launching and beating it at $400. -_-

This launch was pretty fucked imo. I'm no't a fan of how this was handled. I mean I got lucky and was able to get 2 but still. I lol at myself saying "I got lucky" I just droping 1500 dollars ffs. Hardly lucky heh but ya whatever.

On a side note...did anyone with a pre-order shipped (and received) from Nvidia last Thursday get the free game code?

On a side note...did anyone with a pre-order shipped (and received) from Nvidia last Thursday get the free game code?

Ya I'm concerned about this too since I had 2 promo offers in mt cart from nvidia but had to end up buying from bestbuy today. So do I still get the game codes from Nvidia directly when I get my cards? Or am I SOOL?

This launch was pretty fucked imo. I'm no't a fan of how this was handled. I mean I got lucky and was able to get 2 but still. I lol at myself saying "I got lucky" I just droping 1500 dollars ffs. Hardly lucky heh but ya whatever.

You and me both. I got 2 in the preorder, but I was going to grab one more for my brother. Been refreshing every retailer page all morning, that was a freaking waste of time. Seems like they never have enough stock for these new card launches. You'd think they would be better at gauging and meeting demand by now.

I'm pretty pissed my preorder hasn't shipped from NV yet, I got my order in within thirty seconds of them going live and I still don't have a ship date.

I like how they can write the shopping cart code to pull it from your cart but not code a 15 minute reservation once you add it to your cart like so many sites have.

I like how they can write the shopping cart code to pull it from your cart but not code a 15 minute reservation once you add it to your cart like so many sites have.

This exactly.

How retarded is that. I mean that had to be intentional but still what a way to piss off your customers who are dropping a nice piece of change ehh?

You all got waterblocks or AIO kits? Why would you buy a ref card.

I prefer to vent the air out of my case, depending on how well it cools and performs I may or may not put it on water and FE's usually have more compatibility for that.

just got the pny off newegg!! still havent received a confirmation email though

estimated ship dat 3/13 though

So any takers on if we will have as good of a heads up (Like today, Nvidia said 10AM PT) when the custom cards are released later this month?

I'm guessing I'll be at work one random day, and when I get home grab a beer and surf the net I'll see they were sold out in minutes earlier that morning.

I'm pretty pissed my preorder hasn't shipped from NV yet, I got my order in within thirty seconds of them going live and I still don't have a ship date.

I'm in the same boat as you...I also preordered one from NV in the same 30 secs and no shipping info yet...

Back