1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

bluesynk

Limp Gawd
OK they said "Next Week" What does that mean? That's for a FE type card correct? Is that for pre-orders or upgraders? Any news on AIB?

Links please

I wonder how the shitty Turbo versions will be priced now that FE tax is no longer there. What's the point of buying those for MSRP when you can just buy the way better FE?

How good are the FE's? Deciding between that and possibly a strix/evga's counterpart

How good are the FE's? Deciding between that and possibly a strix/evga's counterpart
I think FE is potentially attractive depending how the others price their cooling solutions and how the binning goes. I think 2 ghz is the target and holding boost the thermal challenge

Thinking of an EVGA hybrid FE mod :), too bad I can't use a Corsair AIO instead....(or perhaps I can mod it?)

I can't speak for the 1080Ti, but my regular 1080 FE (PNY Flavor, if it matters) has made me very happy. You can get better out-of-the-box overclocking from a card with a meatier aftermarket cooler, but the Founders Edition one is every bit as good as nVidia said it was, and it also happens to look really nice.

I have a water block on mine now (better block selection being the main reason I paid the FE tax), and its performance is in line with most other 1080s I've seen reviewed. It runs pretty consistently at ~2075 MHz with the power limit turned all the way up, and only ever gets up to maybe 50 degrees.

I would not hesitate to buy a Founder's Edition card again, especially if it's as fast as the 1080Ti is supposed to be.

I want more than 1 HDMI. Vr htpc. I liked the fp vr link from gigabyte.

AFAIK earlier ones have been generally noisier and more eager to throttle than the 3rd party models annd obviously with lower stock clocks. I doubt Nvidia has improved the design much for this one so I'd probably only pick one if you absolutely must get it right away, need a blower type cooler or get one with a better price than the 3rd party models.

My interest in them is mostly to slap an AIO watercooler on it. I do expect that you would need to figure out how to mount some heatsinks for VRAM and VRM.

I currently have such a setup on a non-reference MSI 980 Ti which just happened to have separate heatsinks for those already, been happy with it and hope to go the same route with my next GPU because it is quieter and overclocks better than the stock cooler.

Anyone heard on Amazon availability? have a bunch of gift cards I have been saving for a new card.

Man..not sure if I should just get the blower style reference card and get it ASAP or wait for an AIB card. Decisions, decisions.

I wish we knew more about pricing on the partner boards w/ aftermarket cooling. I also wish we knew more about the "improvements" in the FE cooling.

I think I'm going to go ahead and try to snag a pre-order from nvidia. I'll cancel it before it ships if the partner boards look like a better deal.

I think I'm going to do the same. I've never had a reference card before, though.

The button works for me. Thanks for the link.

Edit: I was also surprised about the tax. I'm a but bummed about that to be honest. Here in TN we have a 9.25% sales tax. I also have to pay tax at Amazon and Newegg.

The button works for me. Thanks for the link.

Edit: I was also surprised about the tax. I'm a but bummed about that to be honest. Here in TN we have a 9.25% sales tax. I also have to pay tax at Amazon and Newegg.

Oklahoma does not have tax on Amazon or Newegg, so if they put a preorder on their site I'll cancel this one and reorder. I also did next day shipping so the $700 purchase became $800. Oh well, still a really good deal for that much of a performance boost.

I'm going to wait until a canadian retailer sells these... I'm not sure how the duties will work shipping to Canada

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1080-ti/

Nvidia site now showing preorder but the button isnt working for me. Maybe I'm too antsy lol\

Update: Site worked fine and I preordered. I am surprised they charged tax (Oklahoma)

Me too! I'm in OK and my tax was $115 on 2 cards...fucking hell. I was refreshing the screen at 10am, waiting for this to go live, I hope I got in on the first round of pre-orders. That said, I'll be refreshing Amazon at 12:00 on the 10th to try and get one there so I don't have to pay tax.

Hopefully water blocks aren't that too far out as well as there being some left for us amazon people ! They released an updated amazon prime CC that gives %5 cash back through amazon purchases, nice $35 discount.

Has any Canadian here ordered from the website before? Are there any duty charges outside of the shipping cost? Taxes for us Canadians?

Urgh, so tempted to preorder, although I've had happy times with my hybrid 980ti so I'd really prefer a hybrid model. But then, I could just stick an evga AIO cooler on it, but then it would be more expensive, and so on and so on.

Oklahoma does not have tax on Amazon or Newegg, so if they put a preorder on their site I'll cancel this one and reorder. I also did next day shipping so the $700 purchase became $800. Oh well, still a really good deal for that much of a performance boost.

Wrong: Amazon will begin collecting Oklahoma sales tax on March 1, 2017. Source. Newegg is still in the clear.

The only reason why I know (or care) is because I live here, too.

I'm waiting until EVGA gets their 1080 TI. Not because I want to be loyal to EVGA, but because I know the darn thing is going to be backorder on every site for a while... and I don't have the money to preorder it as it becomes available until payday.

Last edited:
Wrong: Amazon will begin collecting Oklahoma sales tax on March 1, 2017. Source. Newegg is still in the clear.

The only reason why I know (or care) is because I live here, too.

Fuuuuuck. I buy everything on Amazon, I guess that's going to change. Was nice while it lasted...

Edit: looks like the pre-orders are gone.

I have a preorder done, and a EK Titan XP waterblock already shipped. I figure I can sit on the card until the reviews hit the net, and return/sell it if it turns out to be less than advertised.

I'm normally really against pre-orders, but given the history of the Ti series performance, I don't think this card will have any surprises. As long as it's within 95% of Titan XP performance, I'll be happy with my purchase.

Wow. Good to know. Even though the news saddens me, thanks for the info!

FWIW, I added a 1080 to cart and still shows no sales tax. ::shrugs::

Tax for me. :\ I'm in the checkout, not just the shopping cart.

Order Summary
Items: $599.99
Shipping & handling: $0.00
Total before tax: $599.99
Estimated tax to be collected: $57.00
Order total: $656.99

still shows notify for me guess I missed what they had for preorder.

I've been checking on and off for two hours and I can only get the notify me button haven't seen the preorder yet.

I want the 1080ti but not for an FE version. Give me a fucking Strix 1080ti OC.

Managed to scoop mine up right before work. Waiting on Newegg now so I can try to snag a tax free one.

why does it only show notify for me? been trying for over an hour now to buy one. Cleared cache and browsing data too.

I missed it this morning too. Never saw a pre order button come up only notify. wtf?

Back