1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

Thanks guys! Pondering the upgrade and running a Titan Xm now with that water-block. I had hoped I got lucky... :p

Performance question. Worth it? Gaming on a Acer Predator XB321HK.

I wonder if a high OC 1080ti is going to be enough to push 4k60+fps in ALL games?

I'm lost. What do you mean?
Based on?...
I think he has this thread mixed with the 1800X thread.

Well, seems like I'll eventually sell my Maxwell Titan X to fund a 1080ti in the future to push my ultrawide to infinity and beyond. I'll probably go EVGA, but I'm not sure if I want to stick with water cooling (extra cost of block) or go with a beefy air cooler. Then again I do have a EK-VGA Supremacy block that nobody wants... maybe that can work.

I wonder if a high OC 1080ti is going to be enough to push 4k60+fps in ALL games?

Nope. No card for the next 2-3yrs will push 4K60 in every game.. There are always video settings that are going to outstrip hardware.. But a 1080 Ti will play the most games with the most eye candy at 4K60.

Im most excited about 1080 Ti for VR since it means ultra low frame times and rock solid 90FPS while ratcheting up eye candy and poly counts.

Reactions: Nenu
like this
I'm going to try and snag one on March 10th, but from someone other than Nvidia or Amazon where I don't have to pay tax.

Dat EVGA tho..

In regards to performance, would you guys be willing to speculate that ALL games should sit in the 90-100FPS range on Ultra running at 3440x1440?
Really want to use all 100 Htz on my x34 monitor and my 1070 is not cutting it.

There are too many variables, but you could speculate whatever you wish. What is known is that its performance will be similar to a Titan XP; if you can figure out if that GPU with the rest of your system is adequate for your needs then that will be the best approximation you can do

Dat EVGA tho..

In regards to performance, would you guys be willing to speculate that ALL games should sit in the 90-100FPS range on Ultra running at 3440x1440?
Really want to use all 100 Htz on my x34 monitor and my 1070 is not cutting it.

Depending on game, will vary. Take a look at X Pascal benchmarks as a rough guidance.

Might be the 10th, might be tomorrow. They have released many cards on Tuesday so lets hope tomorrow :D

Tempting. I wanna wait for vega cuz I have a freesync monitor. I don't game that much, but I like buying video cards. I must not. I waste so much money on video cards.

I'll probably get either or just to benchmark. Bahahhaa and then sell it for a loss. You fuckers always get a good deal from me. I must hold off..

I dont really want a founders type card, but no way i want to wait till april, may.
here's a gigabyte aorus 1080 ti link so im not just whining

GIGABYTE-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-AORUS.jpg

My Canada Computers has opened preorders for NV and AIB versions of the Founder Editions. No price, no date, but it's something. Hopefully they aren't too far behind that March 10th date.

Maybe it is not supposed to have pre-orders since NVidia wanted to sell their own Founder's before the AIBs cut in.

I've been checking the usual sites a couple times a day and haven't seen anything. I'd probably be content with the Founders Edition cards if they came with 11GB of VRAM instead of having only 10GB. I'm not worried as much about the stock GPU clocks or the stock cooling. I've had the same basic reference cooler since my GTX 780Ti's and it never bothered me. I rather like the way they look in fact and I've never found them to be too loud.

Back