1080ti Pre-order, Retail, and AIB availability watch

Man, I saw that page yesterday and thought I'd already missed it. Guess I will hope for Newegg.

Check out eBay - there are two sold listings for 1080 Ti pre-orders: one at $950, one at $914.86. There are about 25 or so active BINs.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Damn... those are nearly Titan X prices! Amazing what demand will generate and folks are willing to dish out to get their mitts on one. Just glad I am skipping all the mayhem this round and awaiting Volta.

We don't even know how bad Newegg will be yet! Who would pay that much? Why wouldn't they just get a Titan XP if they are that risk-averse?

I'm most likely going to continue my trend of reference card styles of the last few generations. I prefer all that air leave my case, not as big of an issue these days but eh.
I was tempted by the EVGA FTW 2 and could be tempted by something like that but I doubt I will wait too long to jump on this hopefully just till Amazon stocks them.

I figured NV was sitting on this until AMD had some movement and while I would happily stay with team red, if ya dont have a product... I waited through the 2, 3 and Fury disappointingly, not waiting more cycles.

I have till the 11th to return my 1080 Stix that I just bought. I knew that ti would be coming soon but I thought it would be more expensive so I grabbed a 1080 anyway. I'm hoping that the 1080ti Strix will be released soon after next week. I could live without a card for a few weeks if needed.

Just calm the heck down lol. Supply will get better in a week or two.

I'm so glad I don't have this problem where I live, though I have another problem: I need an excuse to justify upgrading from my 1070, lol.

Come to think of it, DSR sounds mighty tempting with this Ti. 1440p 144Hz downscaled to 1080p should be great.

Just calm the heck down lol. Supply will get better in a week or two.

I'm so glad I don't have this problem where I live, though I have another problem: I need an excuse to justify upgrading from my 1070, lol.

Come to think of it, DSR sounds mighty tempting with this Ti. 1440p 144Hz downscaled to 1080p should be great.
I've never been a huge fan of DSR the times I've tried it. On paper it sounds great, but I've found that things like fonts in game UI get blurry and render improperly because of the scaling, even when you do 2:1. For polygons, textures, and geometry it can be faster and cheaper than in-engine AA, but even that is not uniform and hit-or-miss.

Additionally, sometimes I've had to increase the DPI on my mouse to compensate for the larger virtual screen.

I've never been a huge fan of DSR the times I've tried it. On paper it sounds great, but I've found that things like fonts in game UI get blurry and render improperly because of the scaling, even when you do 2:1. For polygons, textures, and geometry it can be faster and cheaper than in-engine AA, but even that is not uniform and hit-or-miss.

Additionally, sometimes I've had to increase the DPI on my mouse to compensate for the larger virtual screen.

Most games it works fine. It's "cheaper" to do a little bit of AA and a little bit of DSR (1.5-1.75x).

On a separate note I have a 1080 with an AIO so I am not really in the market. If I was I'd definitely get a hybrid model at this TDP.

I am eager to wait for Zotac'x implementation of the GTX 1080Ti. In terms of performance, it is a bit better than the rest. Although, I guess I have to have enough case clearance considering that the current AMP edition 1080 is more than 12 inches long!

Inno3d-GTX-1080-Ti-iChill-X4-1.jpg

This inno3d looks huge
Link

I'm going to be honest, what happened to the days of a 120/140mm (or heck, 80mm) fan blowing over your GPU from the side of your case or DIY ducting.

I don't need to pay $150 bucks for a 14" card that is unsuccessful at doing what a $15 (or less) fan and some zip ties/cardboard can do better

I'm going to be honest, what happened to the days of a 120/140mm (or heck, 80mm) fan blowing over your GPU from the side of your case or DIY ducting.

I don't need to pay $150 bucks for a 14" card that is unsuccessful at doing what a $15 (or less) fan and some zip ties/cardboard can do better
20141116_144241.jpg

Great stuff, the more I think about it, I should just put a 200mm hole/fan over one of the open air design (think iCX or Twin Frozer) rather than spending the extra time/money for an AIO or custom waterblock (provided that performance is pretty darned close)

Oh man. I'm looking forward to slapping a water block on this baby and start my WC adventure.

My 5820K needs to be on water, badly. Can't even hit 4.4GHz, gets too hot :(

I like that little baby fan on the side. It's cute.
Its a bit of a pita to clean.

I had a 980 ichill like this with default clocks of around 1500MHz, I got it to 1600MHz.
So very good cooler.
Although even a few % change in fan speed made it roar!
But it barely needed a change in fan speed, it was almost optimal at its very low stock speed.
Unfortunately, it stopped being stable at stock clocks and I didnt fancy any knock on problems so returned it.

Notice no images of this card show the power connectors.

Yeah I am going to wait for wide spread availability. I can sit tight with my OC 1080 for now.

Whats next 240mm radiators bolted right on the card?
I'd actually be ok with a 3 or 4-slot solution to support a massive single GPU cooling setup

Looks nice but doesn't that dump all the Hoyt air from the GPU inside the case like all custom cards?

Yea it would. my CPU is on water so not as concerned

Last edited:
Hopefully water blocks aren't that too far out as well as there being some left for us amazon people ! They released an updated amazon prime CC that gives %5 cash back through amazon purchases, nice $35 discount.
This,

I honestly dont care what card i get, i just hope EK will be ready to go with their blocks. i will be camping out release day at my microcenter to pick one up and then order the block online at the same time.

also what ever happen to the whole "980 Ti owners get first dibs"

That EVGA picture looks like a render. It's interesting they're going with a triple-fan setup, but that's an FTW with the larger PCB. It's also their new ICX-branded cooling solution.

This,

I honestly dont care what card i get, i just hope EK will be ready to go with their blocks. i will be camping out release day at my microcenter to pick one up and then order the block online at the same time.
EK has already said the Titan X (Pascal) water blocks are compatible so no need to camp.

https://www.ekwb.com/news/existing-ek-fc-titan-x-pascal-compatible-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti/

(This has been the case with the older Titan X [Maxwell] and 980 Ti also.)

Reactions: 50Cal
like this
That EVGA picture looks like a render. It's interesting they're going with a triple-fan setup, but that's an FTW with the larger PCB. It's also their new ICX-branded cooling solution.

EK has already said the Titan X (Pascal) water blocks are compatible so no need to camp.

https://www.ekwb.com/news/existing-ek-fc-titan-x-pascal-compatible-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti/

(This has been the case with the older Titan X [Maxwell] and 980 Ti also.)

Thanks. Ordering now.

Does Look good, I might re-think my Asus order.

Damn me too! I have had two current gen Strix cards and they have been solid and look great. It looks like EVGA is dumping the armor looking shrouds with this triple fan setup.

I'm holding out till at least the middle of next week before returning my 1080. Not really into the blower style FE so I hope the custom boards will be available soon, or at least given a release date.

My previous Thermaltake Armor had a 200MM or something larger fan in the side door for that. It worked well. Its replacement has no door fan which overall works better with the way the fans are pulling / pushing air through. But I have a blower reference card which seems to work well in this configuration. My current 7970 doesn't get above 60% fan speed at 1125mhz on the core and 1400 on the memory at 70c. Not super loud, it is audible but it's not so bad.

I have 2x 120mm fan tied together blowing into the case from the top of my card.
The card has an Accelero Xtreme IV cooler with the huge heatsink on the rear.
The fans keep those cool and prevent heat spots on the card.
They also blow the warm air out of the way so the card doesnt recycle it.

Anyone heard on Amazon availability? have a bunch of gift cards I have been saving for a new card.

Same here. I have another $10 rebate card that should be arriving any day now from ASUS to add to my Amazon GC balance

Back