1080P + IPS + HDMI monitor recommendations

mista ting

Gawd
need and LCD that has these specs
1080P
IPS
HDMI

going to use for PS3 and PC and HDMI Receiver

The Dell U2311H would be a good choice. Its 1920x1080 and IPS. You would need to use an HDMI --> DVI cable though, but those are cheap and plentiful.

The Dell U2311H would be a good choice. Its 1920x1080 and IPS. You would need to use an HDMI --> DVI cable though, but those are cheap and plentiful.

+1, or the U2211H for slightly cheaper. same resolution, 1.5" smaller.

I don't know how the U2410 or the U2711 will scale as they're both 16:10 monitors.

Keep in mind with the converter you lose the sound component with hdmi. You'd need to then output sound from component (no surround?) or optical from the PS3. At least this is what I understood while researching this based on a possible future PS3 purchase, someone who owns the system might be able to shed more light on this. I'm assuming that he asked specially for hdmi due to this requirement?

Keep in mind with the converter you lose the sound component with hdmi. You'd need to then output sound from component (no surround?) or optical from the PS3. At least this is what I understood while researching this based on a possible future PS3 purchase, someone who owns the system might be able to shed more light on this. I'm assuming that he asked specially for hdmi due to this requirement?

Even monitors that use HDMI typically don't have any way to get the audio back out, so you would still be stuck with either no audio via HDMI, or whatever crappy speakers are bolted onto the monitor. On the other hand, there are plenty of surround sound receivers that can take HDMI input, snag the audio, and then pass the video signal back out via HDMI. Put one of those between the PS3 and the HDMI->DVI adapter, and you'll still get audio via HDMI ;)

Thanks good to know, as I am considering purchasing a PS3 or 360 to hook up to possibly a dell u2311 as well.

Dell U2311 is definately the way to go x10, nearly a 900:1 contrast ratio while the Dell U2410 is overpriced and has a 600:1 contrast ratio (TFT central)

Yep. He must have been thinking of the previous 2709W, which is a 16:10 PVA monitor known for its 45-60ms input lag.

Nope, I knew which I was talking about, I just thought it was x1600 instead of that x1440 mess. Wishful thinking on my part, bad of you to assume on your part :p :)

The OP stated he was using an HDMI receiver. I assume that'll be processing his audio.

In regards to the audio the ps3 is pretty adaptable, you can set whatever output you would like for the audio out, I used to have hdmi to tv and then optical to surround sound, now component out and optical to surround sound. The 360 is a completely different story, and is a pain to setup especially on an hdmi switch box, this probably depends on your switchbox, unless they changed something in updates.

Back