1080i output over component from 8800gts?

Crapgame

Limp Gawd
I haven't messed with TVout in years and wanted a few answers to specifically how it works through the Nvidia control panel.

equipment:
desktop computer: C2D, 8800GTS 320meg, 2 gigs ram, onboard sound, winXP

HDTV: older Panasonic CRT monitor (ie no tuner and only takes 480 i/p and 1080i input) , 2 component inputs, no HDCP or HDMI

I'd like to display some videos I have that are in various resolutions (mostly 720p or 480p) on my TV instead of my monitor. Once I connect the component cable adapter to my TV what are the steps to display the video?

Can I set different resolutions for the monitor and the TV?

Does the 8800gts do the interlacing and resolution conversion automatically?

Can I just start a video up in MPC (or any other media player) and drag it over the desktop to the TV and then set it for fullscreen?

The eventual goal here is to rip all my DVDs to hard disk and view them that way. I also have a fair number of 720p videos I want to watch this way too. If someone could explain the capabilities and basic mechanics of doing what I want I would be grateful.

I haven't messed with TVout in years and wanted a few answers to specifically how it works through the Nvidia control panel.

equipment:
desktop computer: C2D, 8800GTS 320meg, 2 gigs ram, onboard sound, winXP

HDTV: older Panasonic CRT monitor (ie no tuner and only takes 480 i/p and 1080i input) , 2 component inputs, no HDCP or HDMI

I'd like to display some videos I have that are in various resolutions (mostly 720p or 480p) on my TV instead of my monitor. Once I connect the component cable adapter to my TV what are the steps to display the video?

Nvidia drivers will prompt you to choose a connection type and resolution for your HTPC. You need to choose Component.

Can I set different resolutions for the monitor and the TV?

Yes. Choose DualView in your video options.

Does the 8800gts do the interlacing and resolution conversion automatically?

Yes

Can I just start a video up in MPC (or any other media player) and drag it over the desktop to the TV and then set it for fullscreen?

Yes

Back