1080 Ti specs leak

AMD are focussed on Zen right now, so until that's out, we won't see Vega.

Roadmaps show Zen early 2017, then Vega in H2.

So nothing but 1050tis and the like till then...

Roadmaps show Zen early 2017, then Vega in H2.

So nothing but 1050tis and the like till then...

AMD has multiple divisions...CPU and GPU. Both are simultaneously working on Zen and Vega.

Call me unimpressed. I don't want to go sli for obvious reasons. And this probably doesn't give enough of a performance jump to justify the price.

Doesn't nvidia have some kind of supercomputer-related contractual obligations to release Volta by a certain date? I can't imagine consumer cards on that architecture would be too far behind that date.

Doesn't nvidia have some kind of supercomputer-related contractual obligations to release Volta by a certain date? I can't imagine consumer cards on that architecture would be too far behind that date.

Yeah it's not like there's a node change stopping them from releasing the consumer Volta cards as well. I expect them to capitulate on the timeframe advantage

Sold my gtx 1080 last week. New cards around January would be great but I can wait a while. Hoping for a 25% improvement over the 1080.

Hopefully this is true. You guys who want a cheaper Titan are going to get it.

I mean this isn't mu

No real surprise there. Titan X is an early adopter card that costs a premium with 5% better specs but worse cooler. The 1080 Ti wont outperform it though since all Pascal top out at around 2-2.1 ghz. Titan X will remain the fastest card even if only slightly.

Selling your 1080 almost half a year in advance? Crazy talk ...

I sold it because I ran out of games to play. And I'm busy. No use holding on to it if you aren't going to use it, the prices of the x80 series always drop big time after the TI release.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's always a dilemma since 700s. Sell x80 card and buy ti or just be done and upgrade when the new generation comes? Considering 1080's performance, it's probably not worth the hassle and will provide high quality performance until volta arrives. 1060 6 Gb for $240 is best bang for buck lol and no dilemma :D

That's always a dilemma since 700s. Sell x80 card and buy ti or just be done and upgrade when the new generation comes? Considering 1080's performance, it's probably not worth the hassle and will provide high quality performance until volta arrives. 1060 6 Gb for $240 is best bang for buck lol and no dilemma :D

At official MSRPs GTX 1070 has a better SM/$ ratio whereas 1060 has a better ROP or Memory Bandwidth/$ ratio.

Oh to hell with it, I'm skipping this entire generation. Nvidia has gone full retard on their prices and AMD is sitting in the corner eating paste. If this is what the high end graphics card market is going to start looking like, I'm done with this hobby.
This is honestly one of the greatest posts in the history of this forum...

Agreed. I have yet to see anything that tops it, and I've been here for a while.

Hey I don't mean to brag but y'know I have some pretty good ones, just saying.
I think we should examine and weigh all posts equally before we throw around titles like "greatest post in the history of this forum" it's just not fair to everyone else. That kind of reckless attitude doesn't benefit anyone in the community.

You're just jealous. ;)

So the 1080 Ti appears to be a cut down Titan X Pascal, according to this. Interesting if true. Also not really relevant, because I don't think anyone believes Nvidia is going to cruise on the 1080 Ti for 16 months until Volta is out in 2018. Pretty sure Volta's release moves up to Q2 or Q3 2017.

Existing 1080 owners can safely ignore this, IMO. 980 Ti owners can probably ignore this as well.

CPUs and GPUs are different groups and have nothing to do with each other. What you really mean is "AMD is focused on PS4 Pro and Xbox One Scorpio."

Think Ill be in the camp, that skips full Pascal line and just wait for Volta. My 980ti should be enough for the 2017 games in 1440p - Might just tone down few settings and forget about MSAA.

The GPU market looks like cpu and smartphone markets- there is no need for yearly upgrade anymore, unless you have IED aka Note 7 :)

Besides, in 2018 we might see arrival of HDR monitors and 2nd / 3rd edition of VR headsets, so actually that 1280 Ti might be useful :)

I'm really not in the mood to buy another GPU less than 6 months after buying my current one. All I care about is that I can play Mass Effect Andromeda at 1080p with good eye candy on my 1070.

If so, I'll have a happy 2017.

If not, I'll go eat paste with AMD in the corner of shame.

Well, looking at Pascal lineup and their OC performances, I am guessing that 1080ti, if it comes, will not be any lower than $750 MSRP (unless in the unlikely event that AMD forces them to release it lower), with 1080 and 1070 dropping down to $550 and $330 respectively (if any drops occur at all), and 1080ti's performance will be right in between Titan X and 1080, with 1080 OC will not reach 1080ti, and 1080ti OC will not reach Titan X, much like 1070 OC cannot come close to 1080, at least certainly not in the same degree that 970 was compared to 980.

This "guess" of mine, and the reasons that buying a Titan X while during my short stay in US could go side ways in 100 different ways, and 970 was limiting my games, I went with 1080 rather than waiting for 1080ti.

PS I am running on 1440p and 4k screens.

I'm still hoping the Ti isnt tooooooo far off and has reasonable price to performance ratios.

Not sure about others but EVGA usually sells the cooler separately for the Titan. Plus there's always things like AIO water coolers and the Arctic Extreme.

Well, the good news here is that any cooler that fits the 1080Ti should fit the Titan as well.

Well, looking at Pascal lineup and their OC performances, I am guessing that 1080ti, if it comes, will not be any lower than $750 MSRP (unless in the unlikely event that AMD forces them to release it lower), with 1080 and 1070 dropping down to $550 and $330 respectively (if any drops occur at all), and 1080ti's performance will be right in between Titan X and 1080, with 1080 OC will not reach 1080ti, and 1080ti OC will not reach Titan X, much like 1070 OC cannot come close to 1080, at least certainly not in the same degree that 970 was compared to 980.

This "guess" of mine, and the reasons that buying a Titan X while during my short stay in US could go side ways in 100 different ways, and 970 was limiting my games, I went with 1080 rather than waiting for 1080ti.

PS I am running on 1440p and 4k screens.
I've had few issues running those resolutions. The pitan and 1080ti soundv nice though. Even less worry about maxing out my games.

If Nvidia has these available then I hope they will release the card before Christmas to cash in the Holiday season.

So I am thinking about selling one of my cards now and nabbing a 1080 Ti when it comes. New games are not supporting SLi anyways.. :mad: What up?

So I am thinking about selling one of my cards now and nabbing a 1080 Ti when it comes. New games are not supporting SLi anyways.. :mad: What up?

I'd do it for Titan X, not for 1080ti since it's so far away, 1080 might fall in price enough that what you could exchange for Titan X now might only leave you with a 1080ti later.

Back