1080 Ti specs leak

Why don't you like get it! Why the heck would nvidia drop a 1080ti at 650 and kill sales of 1080 that is already sitting at 650. Seriously man that is the whole point here. They are not about to be nice and drop the price on 1080 just to be nice when they have no competition. That is not how you do business. There is no need for it at that point.

You: Hey nvidia price the 1080ti at 650
Nvidia: Hell no we are already selling shit load of 1080s at 650

Only happening if Vega is faster than 1080 otherwise expect it at 850.

Apparently, you forgot about the 980 pricing before the 980Ti, and it's price DROP after 980Ti...

Yeah that is alot of money even for me I rather get a backup monitor before another card for that price. My 980ti was like 670.00 or something.

Okay, I've put the honour on hold, and the post's noteworthiness shall be discussed at the next congress of the elders.

No, you where right the first time. I am an AMD Fan and will not change yet, I definitely got a good laugh out of that. :D

No, you where right the first time. I am an AMD Fan and will not change yet, I definitely got a good laugh out of that. :D

Would you be interested in a Intel Quad core processor with hyper threading? *sales pitch*

1080ti with slower ram, Ti should be better than a 1080gtx in every way. If not don't buy it.

Why would they do that this time around, they would kill their 1070 pricing.

They'd drop the price of the entire stack and slot the 1080 Ti into the $650-$700 bracket. the 1080 would drop to about $500 and the 1070 would go down to around $350. That's how it worked with the 900 series cards. If the nvidia price stack drops it will put some serious pressure on AMD's 470 and 480 sales when the 1060 and 1070 prices are equal with or in close reach of those cards.

They'd drop the price of the entire stack and slot the 1080 Ti into the $650-$700 bracket. the 1080 would drop to about $500 and the 1070 would go down to around $350. That's how it worked with the 900 series cards. If the nvidia price stack drops it will put some serious pressure on AMD's 470 and 480 sales when the 1060 and 1070 prices are equal with or in close reach of those cards.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Apparently, you forgot about the 980 pricing before the 980Ti, and it's price DROP after 980Ti...
I never forgot about the 780 vs 780 Ti pricing.

Because I purchased a 780 a month before the Ti came out for the same price and got completely screwed, and it was my first x80 class card. Was the first Ti card NVIDIA released above x60 in the last few generations.. if ever. Nobody knew.

Returning my 1080 before the 30 day refund time is up and waiting for the Ti this time.. Thank you shortages.

Why don't you like get it! Why the heck would nvidia drop a 1080ti at 650 and kill sales of 1080 that is already sitting at 650. Seriously man that is the whole point here. They are not about to be nice and drop the price on 1080 just to be nice when they have no competition. That is not how you do business. There is no need for it at that point.

You: Hey nvidia price the 1080ti at 650
Nvidia: Hell no we are already selling shit load of 1080s at 650

Only happening if Vega is faster than 1080 otherwise expect it at 850.
NVIDIA dropped the price of the GTX 780 from $649 to $499 and launched the 780 Ti at $649, while still selling the Kitan at $999. What's to say they won't do the same this time around?

But remember, that was because AMD had something new coming out.

Without that, they ain't dropping shit. They might come out with a 1080ti, but guaranteed it will be in the $800 to $1000 range.

NVIDIA dropped the price of the GTX 780 from $649 to $499 and launched the 780 Ti at $649, while still selling the Kitan at $999. What's to say they won't do the same this time around?

The only thing I can see is that AMD sucks even more now than they did then. Otherwise I expect this to happen again.

But remember, that was because AMD had something new coming out.

Without that, they ain't dropping shit. They might come out with a 1080ti, but guaranteed it will be in the $800 to $1000 range.

Exactly. They have already positioned the 1080 at $650-700 and the Titan XP at $1200, so there is a huge price gap there to be filled by a 1080 Ti part (if one even exists).

I never said they won't. I said they won't just out of kindness of their heart. Only way they do it if amd forces their hand. They simply don't do it just for sake of goodness. If amd has Vega beating 1080 at 499 then yea sure. If 1080 ti comes out before Vega it will be priced above 1080 if 1080 has no problem selling at 650. Not happening without competition though.

Last edited:
Dude drop it already. 980ti came out right when fury x came out. Again competition something you are failing to grasp. Nvidia is not doing it when they have 1080 flying off the shelf at 600-700. Not happening without competition. Price drop will only happen when Vega is out. If Vega is out then yea but with no competition nvidia is not going to do any price drops. Did you forget 980ti was released just in time to shit all over fury x? And priced accordingly.

Dude drop it already. 980ti came out right when fury x came out. Again competition something you are failing to grasp. Nvidia is not doing it when they have 1080 flying off the shelf at 600-700. Not happening without competition. Price drop will only happen when Vega is out. If Vega is out then yea but with no competition nvidia is not going to do any price drops. Did you forget 980ti was released just in time to shit all over fury x? And priced accordingly.

You are exactly right. I feel confident in saying they have their cards priced as they are because they expect competition from AMD to arrive at some point. Right now they are making money hand over fist and the minute AMD releases some competition they will just drop the price of their entire stack and slot the Ti into position without hesitation. They have their lower tier cards priced in such a way that they can drop the bottom out of the pricing structure and still make money on those chips. Right now they are just making a larger profit than they would otherwise while waiting for AMD to do something. I've seen folks say the 980 Ti was a "desperate move to counter the Fury X." I suspect it was a well planned move and they have things set up this go around to do it again.

But like you said, there won't be a price drop (or probably even a Ti card) until AMD does something.

Please point out where I said a 1080Ti was coming out prior to AMD's next gen.

You're hazing people in a speculation thread about speculations because you're treating it like gospel. You should seriously think about that and adjust your attitude accordingly...

Last edited:

But people said the exact same thing about the Titan X Pascal.

There's no reason they can't launch a 1080ti at $1k and adjust when the AMD cards drop. I am not going to hold my breath that AMD will even be in the same ballpark as the 1080ti.

Besides companies hate to hold inventory. It ties up cash and is expensive logistically. It's like a freight train, once nVidia gears up the 1080ti it's coming with or without AMD's offerings.

I would be surprised if we don't see a 1080ti in 2-3 months.

My prediction: $699 base model, $750 for FE and custom models worth getting will be $800+ while 1080 gets a price drop. They will release either q4 or early next year before vega. Everyone will exclaim how Titan X is a rip off and those of us who bought one are retards.

Looks worse for who? Nvidia has a lot of segmentation, but it covers a huge chunk of the market. Including cards that are speculated, but not released, Nvidia's range of 1050-Titan XP is a $1100 range covered by 6 (7 if including the rumored 3GB 1060) products. AMD has almost that many products covering a $150 range. Now THAT is ridiculous! Good, Better, Best? Try Blah, Mediocre, Can't Find It, and Not Bad!

The 3GB 1060 is not rumoured, the GPU exists in flesh and blood.

EG:

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce...=UTF8&qid=1474076262&sr=1-4&keywords=GTX+1060

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
But people said the exact same thing about the Titan X Pascal.

There's no reason they can't launch a 1080ti at $1k and adjust when the AMD cards drop. I am not going to hold my breath that AMD will even be in the same ballpark as the 1080ti.

Besides companies hate to hold inventory. It ties up cash and is expensive logistically. It's like a freight train, once nVidia gears up the 1080ti it's coming with or without AMD's offerings.

I would be surprised if we don't see a 1080ti in 2-3 months.

exactly. If it comes any sooner. They will pay the early adopter tax. When vega comes and it competes well with pascal, I expect the prices to drop.

Please point out where I said a 1080Ti was coming out prior to AMD's next gen.

You're hazing people in a speculation thread about speculations because you're treating it like gospel. You should seriously think about that and adjust your attitude accordingly...

lol. you never stressed your point. You kept saying 650. I said only because of competition and then you kept saying they did it with 980ti proving my point. I didn't have any attitude but it took you a while to say the same thing I was saying. So I guess we finally agree, cheers.

lol. you never stressed your point. You kept saying 650. I said only because of competition and then you kept saying they did it with 980ti proving my point. I didn't have any attitude but it took you a while to say the same thing I was saying. So I guess we finally agree, cheers.

Stressed my point? LMFAO!
Again...speculation thread.

If/when the 1080Ti gets released and the [H] review is published, let's revisit this conversation in that future thread when we have some tangible metrics to actually discuss. :)

Exactly. No Vega = No 1080 Ti. It's just basic economics.

Exactly. No Vega = No 1080 Ti. It's just basic economics.

Vega is irrelevant as such in this case. I bet you as soon as Titan sales drop, you see the 1080TI. And I would be surprised if its not released before the holidays as well. And that's basic economics.

Vega is irrelevant as such in this case. I bet you as soon as Titan sales drop, you see the 1080TI. And I would be surprised if its not released before the holidays as well. And that's basic economics.

Yeah that's my wag. It'll be $699 everywhere (1080FE price) but fully enabled 3840 cores, and then a Titan Black Pascal later too. Milk it!

CES in January was the rumor that was floating around. That seems reasonable to me since sales of current Pascal cards aren't likely to slow down too much until then and the 1080 Ti will most likely coincide with a drop in prices for the lower tier Pascal cards, boosting their sales.

I'm thinking the same thing. I've been on the fence for a while wondering if I should upgrade my 980. The prices are too damn high (insert meme). I think I will wait until after Christmas to see if anything has changed. Probably will end up buying a used 1080 down the road though.
I have high hopes for Black Friday.
But something tells me that I will be disappointed...

Back