1080 pcb diff

David94

n00b
Hello, I didn't find a problem like mine, so I started this topic.
I have a 1080 founders edition and I want to buy a waterblock. I know it's a little old but I don't need more performance.
Searching on internet I've find a waterblock from heatkiller but on their site I see some differences. What do you think? Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand.

Attachments

• heatkillerz-iv-for-gtx-1080-and-1070-acryl-ni_8.jpg
    heatkillerz-iv-for-gtx-1080-and-1070-acryl-ni_8.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 22
  • gtx 1080.jpeg
    gtx 1080.jpeg
    327.8 KB · Views: 22
It looks like your board has an extra capacitor. The heatkiller block I looked at seemed to have spacing at that end that would allow for that capacitor without interference. I'd go for it.

I see that space for capacitor too. Should it work, no?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220104-140528_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220104-140528_Chrome.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 17
It's not where you circled, its right above the red line. That looks big enough for both of your capacitors.

I think it would work.

Yes, but there I see just one space for one capacitor, not two... I see something wrong?

Yes, but there I see just one space for one capacitor, not two... I see something wrong?

When I zoom in, it looks like there's a smaller circle for the capacitor. Maybe e-mail their customer support and ask and show them your pictures?

Are there different versions of their block?

Hello, I didn't find a problem like mine, so I started this topic.
I have a 1080 founders edition and I want to buy a waterblock. I know it's a little old but I don't need more performance.
Searching on internet I've find a waterblock from heatkiller but on their site I see some differences. What do you think? Sorry for my bad english, hope you understand.
The PCB picture you posted on the left is a GTX 1070. The image below is from TechPowerUp's teardown of the GTX 1080 in their review.
1641479958493.png

Here is the PCB for the 1070:
1641480269579.png

See if you can find an Aquacomputer block. It fits both the 1070 and 1080, but doesn't reach all the way out that far, so it shouldn't conflict with any of the components in that area.

https://www.performance-pcs.com/wat...x-1080-and-1070-black-edition-aq-23646-d.html

I've actually got one lying around that I'd offer to sell you for... pretty much any reasonable offer you cared to make, but if you're outside the US, I can imagine the cost of shipping it might be prohibitive.

Back