1080 Amp Extreme in Air 540

Sturmangriff

Limp Gawd
I have decided to upgrade my 780 Lightning with a Zotac 1080 Amp Extreme but there may be a problem. My case is a Corsair Air 540 which has a listed max gpu length of 320mm. The 1080 Amp Extreme is listed at 325mm but after doing some measuring it looks like it will fit...barely. I did replace the stock 140mm fans with Corsair AF120mm so maybe I picked up a few mm with that change? Here is my measurement with the 780 Lightning in the case which is 295mm. It looks like I will have a little over 5mm to spare. Have I overlooked anything or do you guys think I will be ok? Thanks.

1puuryI.jpg

MrGreg62

Lurker
You should be okay unless Zotac did something stupid like putting the power connectors on the rear of the card. And I checked and they weren't that stupid so it looks like you're good to go.

BroHamBone

[H]ard|Gawd
Mount the fans on the outside. The outer shell will still fit over them. I have x2 push pull 120mm rads and another fan above them. 3 fans mounted on the outer area, rads on the inside, fans on other side of rads, and 2 980ti's.
Sorry for the mess and dust....I had everything nice and neat...then had to do some rearranging etc etc. Im getting an EVGA DG8 case soon. :D

EDIT: first time using Imgur....sorry for huge pics! (FIXED)
3TW8vKfh.jpg

68ofKhbh.jpg

Sturmangriff

Limp Gawd
Thanks guys for taking a look at this and the input. I'll move forward with the upgrade. I decided to get this model because of the cooler, lighting options, and color combo(yellow and black build). The regular Zotac Amp is an option and 25mm shorter but if I can fit the Extreme it's definitely my first choice.

Sturmangriff

Limp Gawd
Just confirming it fit with no issues...I actually had a little more room than I had anticipated. Here are a couple of pictures for anyone who may be in the same situation in the future.
540gpu2.jpg

540gpu.jpg

Shogon

Limp Gawd
What a beastly looking card. Is that thing even audible when it's running?

Sturmangriff

Limp Gawd
What a beastly looking card. Is that thing even audible when it's running?

Not so far. I haven't started cranking on it yet, only having time to play some of The Division..highest temp reached was 65C with 37% fan speed which I didn't notice over the system fans. The temperature upstairs during this time was in the low 80's F if that makes any difference.

Shogon

Limp Gawd
Not so far. I haven't started cranking on it yet, only having time to play some of The Division..highest temp reached was 65C with 37% fan speed which I didn't notice over the system fans. The temperature upstairs during this time was in the low 80's F if that makes any difference.
That's amazing temps I say. Think the next time I upgrade I'll look at Zotac offerings. I like EVGA, but that ACX cooler doesn't seem as overbuilt at this one.