Votes: 4 1.8%
  • 980/970/960 etc. -> 1080 Ti

Votes: 32 14.3%
  • Other nVidia -> 1080 Ti

Votes: 19 8.5%
  • Waiting on vega

Votes: 56 25.1%

• Total voters
35% faster than the regular 1080. I'll pass. Maybe I'll pick up a 2nd 1080 if the price gets bump down.

Keeping 2x 1070s for RyZen rig 3440x1440p monitor
Waiting on Vega for I7 rig - FreeSync 4K monitor

This Jen guy is a bit dodgy. I am expecting the 599$ 1080 to be now 499$.
I believe, the 1080 will still have some of the founder's tax and custom cooled versions (apart from some nonsensical ASUS TURBO single fan crap) will still retail for about a 549/579.

Also, the 699$ 1080 Ti seems to be only the base version (which IMO will not exist) with custom cooled going from anything like $729-799.

What you guys think?

Hell yeah. This is the card I was waiting for. I'm glad I dwaited with upgrading my980 Ti. So getting the 1080 Ti next week :)

This Jen guy is a bit dodgy. I am expecting the 599$ 1080 to be now 499$.
I believe, the 1080 will still have some of the founder's tax and custom cooled versions (apart from some nonsensical ASUS TURBO single fan crap) will still retail for about a 549/579.

Also, the 699$ 1080 Ti seems to be only the base version (which IMO will not exist) with custom cooled going from anything like $729-799.

What you guys think?
Actually, according to all the news, the Founder's Edition will be around - same as FE of 1080, and it will be same price as AIB versions. I'm getting the FE, because I'm going to send it to Alphacool for scanning, so they can send me their Eiswolf prefilled block (that I'll be adding to my Eisbaer expandable AiO) for just 20 euro - standard water blocks they send for free, if you let them scan the card :)

Actually, according to all the news, the Founder's Edition will be around - same as FE of 1080, and it will be same price as AIB versions. I'm getting the FE, because I'm going to send it to Alphacool for scanning, so they can send me their Eiswolf prefilled block (that I'll be adding to my Eisbaer expandable AiO) for just 20 euro - standard water blocks they send for free, if you let them scan the card :)
You realize that while they "offer" this, cards have already long been delivered to them before you get your card. I know this because I personally know the guys at Alphacool.

I'm happy with my 1070. If anything, I'll probably use this until after Vega/Volta. I guess I'm the oddball for keeping an nVidia card past two years around here... :wacky:

I'm at 3440x1440 @ 100Hz so a jump from my 1070 to a 1080Ti will give me the perfect jump in comfortable overhead that I'm looking for. For example, I cannot maintain over 100FPS in Battlefield 1 but a 1080Ti should be able to easily.

Yeah it will be your ideal.

If NVidia had released the VR update for Pascal they promised as a feature since launch, I might consider a ti.
But they are either holding back for next gen or are having problems that need next gen to properly solve imo.
Also HDMI 2.1 should appear with Volta.
I will probably get a 4K screen sometime within the 2 years of purchase and would like to use 10/12 bit HDR games at 4K 60Hz which HDMI 2.0 cannot handle.

I'm at 3440x1440 @ 100Hz so a jump from my 1070 to a 1080Ti will give me the perfect jump in comfortable overhead that I'm looking for. For example, I cannot maintain over 100FPS in Battlefield 1 but a 1080Ti should be able to easily.

Exactly the same boat I’m in. I bought a beautiful X34 (3440x1440 @100Hz), but Im only getting 65-70 FPS on Ultra with my 1070 in BF1, so the 1080ti will, hopefully, give me the extra FPS my screen can handle, and keep me pinned at 100 FPS. Ill get a new card/monitor when 4k can be pushed to 100 FPS, but the 1080ti should hold me for the next 2-3 years.

I just purchased a TitanXP about a month ago, should I be worried.

Yes, wrap it in flameproof material before 1GB of memory self destructs and apologise to your bank account.
Or be happy you had one a month early with a bit of tax.
There isnt much time for remorse at the cutting edge.

Why? You paid a hell of a lot more but you've basically enjoyed the performance 1080TI owners are going to get over a month longer. I might be upset about not waiting a month or so before buying a new card if I were in your shoes but I wouldn't at all be concerned about performance.

Not upgrading here. GTX 1080 owner at 1440P 165hz. I think GSYNC is playing a big roll as to why I don't need to upgrade, everything is so buttery smooth. Also the fact that I decided when I bought the 1080 to not upgrade to a card with the same architecture (Pascal to Pascal GPU)

I'm going from 980Ti x 2 to a single 1080Ti. Should be enough to drive the 3440x1440 @ 60Hz for the next year or so, until either VR takes off and changes the game, or Volta Ti comes out.

Not upgrading here. GTX 1080 owner at 1440P 165hz. I think GSYNC is playing a big roll as to why I don't need to upgrade, everything is so buttery smooth. Also the fact that I decided when I bought the 1080 to not upgrade to a card with the same architecture (Pascal to Pascal GPU)

I can't imagine not having g-sync. I'm not upgrading.

I'm most likely going to upgrade to a GTX 1070 from my current GTX 970...since I game at 1200p 60hz I'm mainly upgrading for the extra VRAM...I have no plans on getting a 4K monitor anytime soon (a 4K OLED with HDR is in my plans for later this year but I don't game on my TV)...$349 is too good to pass up

I might upgrade from a 1070 to the 1080 once the prices drop...

The 1070 is already pretty amazing :LOL:. I don't think I've ever been as happy with a GPU. . .

I might upgrade from a 1070 to the 1080 once the prices drop...

The 1070 is already pretty amazing :LOL:. I don't think I've ever been as happy with a GPU. . .
And thats why ... you want to upgrade again shortly after buying it.

Yeah same here. It really was worth the extra premium imo. Still funny how you can sit there telling people that until you are blue in the face but I don't think they will believe it until they see it.

A lot of people will tell you that having a dedicated sound card or more expensive headset won't make a difference either. It's great not to have any tearing.

Last edited:
Nope, I'm perfectly happy with my 1070. I'll upgrade when my games start getting choppy and I'm sticking with 1080p so I'm hoping to get at least 5 more years out of this card.

A lot of people will tell you that having a dedicated sound card or more expensive headset won't make a difference either. It's great not to have to have any tearing.

Getting a monitor with GSYNC was probably one of my best upgrades in the last 10 years. No tearing is a game changer.

Lol, btw i don't want to get rid of my 1080 in favor of Ti because of odd 11 Gb number and that it's a cutdown gpu. I know it's stupid, but call it my hardware OCD guys :D

Lol, btw i don't want to get rid of my 1080 in favor of Ti because of odd 11 Gb number and that it's a cutdown gpu. I know it's stupid, but call it my hardware OCD guys :D
upload_2017-3-3_12-31-22.png

Yea, what's up with that bizarre 11GB? Just cut it down to 10GB.

It's the max they can have based on the ROPs and memory bus IIRC. It has to be 11 based on what they cut from the Titan XP. Any less would cripple the card, any more can't be utilized.

Yes. Did a Step-Up from 980Ti to 1080, pending an upgrade from ACX to ICX, then Step-Up to 1080Ti. \o/

Looks like I'm in, a friend wants my 980ti :)
Waiting for a good 2x 8 pin power AIB.

I will probably go from my current GTX 980 Ti to the GTX 1080 Ti, but I'm still curious to see what Vega brings to the table before I start buying.

Sold my 1070 G1 for 204$ less than i bought it for. Back to 780 until Gigabyte 1080ti comes out, I find all other cards ugly MSI is not bad tho.

if Amazon doesn't put those 1080/1070 price drops into effect soon I might change my mind about upgrading my 970...I want to get a 1080 or 1070 with the new prices but if it doesn't drop before Andromeda comes out on March 21st then forget it...technically it needs to drop a week or so before the 21st so I can order it and install it

Have three 980ti's running five HP ZR30w portrait in Nvidia Surround @8800x2560. Going to see if two 1080ti's can do this.
If two come up short I'll get a third 1080ti.

It should do slightly better.
The returns on more cards are not linear and you will have approx the same performance under the hood.
You should get a better performance return with 2 cards.

The downside is the lack of support for SLI moving forward.
Although you will lose less performance dropping SLI when needed.

In a year you can go next gen gfx card(s) and then another year the Ti and hopefully not need multi card.
Then again you might have VR contacts at 8K per eye with 4x supersampling, but they should have multi card sorted for multi eye by then.
Just dont grow a 3rd one.

Back