1000W PSU Recommendation?

Ikasu

[H]ard|Gawd
Just ordered a x79 chipset board and 3930k for a new build. Need a new PSU to go with it....Haven't researched into psu's for quite some time. Any objections to the tried and true Seasonic 1KW Platinum series? Been 3-4 years since I've researched power supplies...

Plan to dual SLI/Crossire, with a possible triple which is why I need the 1kw. Any recommendations? ^_^

Just picked up the platinum 1000 ^_^...I doubt I'll go more than 2 cards. Man..I wasted so much money today >_<...lol...

I managed to pick up a Seasonic x-1050 (gold certified, fully modular) brand new on eBay for $140 a couple months ago. It has been amazing for me. Quiet as a church mouse and never a hiccup. Most power drawn from it would be from i7 950 @ 4.2ghz, 2 6970's at 1000mhz core, 2 ssd's, and 2 hd's.

I been using a 1000w Hale90 from NZXT and no issues to report. It powers 2 480's in SLI and i7-950 to 3.8 with HT on.

Seasonic Platinum 1000W seems to the way to go.
The Antec 1000W HCP Platinum is a viable altenative.

I have always gone with Corsair, I have owned 3 corsair PSU's and never had a defective part. I run an older model hx 1000 in my gaming system, although now I would recommend a modular professional series.
In my opinion a modular PSU is always the way to go, especially if your case has a window... so much more clean feeling then having wires go everywhere.

Don't get me wrong...corsair does make fantastic psu's...But the seasonic platinum's review and capabilities from what I've read are just utterly fantastic. Jonnyguru's review of it is just damn right impeccable..^_^

Don't get me wrong...corsair does make fantastic psu's...But the seasonic platinum's review and capabilities from what I've read are just utterly fantastic. Jonnyguru's review of it is just damn right impeccable..^_^

Seasonic makes Corsairs high end units.

I purchased the Seasonic 1000W Platinum and it's pretty awesome! My old Corsair HX 750 unit crapped out on me.

Last edited:
Back