1000hz polling rate?

topslop1

2[H]4U
I've got an intellimouse 3.0 that I just picked up. Yeah, legends version at bestbuy, no big deal.

Anyhow, trying to get it to run at 1000hz through the USB connection. How and what do I need to do to up the polling rate for this mouse?

I'm on windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

Umm I thought that was a function of gaming mice and not just some setting in windows.

The newer mice have that as a function. The older ones I believe you can do it through a hardware script, although I don't know exactly where to look for one and for one that works with W7.

the disk that came with the mouse typically comes with some driver software. That software typically controls such features.

Didn't see any options for such under the intellimouse software.

Then I'm pretty sure its not something the mouse can do. Thats one of the selling points of gaming mice like my Razer Mamba, its an option in the performance settings tab of the configurator to choose the polling rate.

I used a hacked driver for older mice all the way up to Vista, but now I no longer have any mice that don't support 1000hz natively. Unfortunately, your Intellimouse doesn't support it natively - you could search for a hacked driver, that would be the only way to do it.
Also, with hacked drivers, thinking back, 500hz mode worked better than 1000hz, because most standard mice without specific 1000hz support can't really provide good interruption free information back at that rate, I used to get minor skips and pauses at 1000hz, but it was fine at 500hz, and 500hz is still a big stepup from 125hz.

You can try searching google for:

usbport.sys 500hz

..to search for a hacked driver - good luck.

I thought it was best to have a polling rate that was divisible by your screen refresh rate? To avoid any sort of issues like lag?

I thought it was best to have a polling rate that was divisible by your screen refresh rate? To avoid any sort of issues like lag?

I remember that from the PS2 mouse days, you could use a hacked driver to set a mouserate that was a multiple of the refresh rate, but I never found any difference. Besides, there is no available hacked driver (that I know of) that lets you pick any refresh rate you want, they have been compiled with fixed refresh rates, so the only choices that I remember are 500hz and 1000hz (and maybe 250hz).

I also haven't found the real difference, while gaming mouse tend to be more reliable for regular day by day usage :)

I believe the site that that should be is ngo hq with no space. It was blocked by the H.

Google "USB Mouse Rate Switcher." That should let you set your polling frequency.

It's kind of a pain on 64-bit windows because you have to get around the signed drivers requirement.

Back