1000 Xbox 360's $100 Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you could stand in line tonight and wait until the wee hours of the morning to get something else.....or not!!

ugh...

tried for the bike.... got to verification, then sold out

This sucks... I rushed my turkey so I could win and when I get here all that refreshes is a stupid white screen. I hate amazon!~

Techx said:
what I dont get is why people are so nasty and pissed off lol, are you telling me you ACTUALLY EXPECTED to get one? it's like playing the freakin lottery, you have a million people vying for 1000 items, and any server can only handle so much of a beating.. lol you guys need to lower your expectations so you dont get so bummed out when you dont get when you want :p
where is the fun in that?
id rather bitch and moan, its the american way.

RCGodward said:
I had my clock synched, and I swear they went on sale early...

They did, a few seconds early. Either way, there's no possible way Amazon could have sold 1000 units in the amount of time it took for me to answer the question and the amount of time it took for the "sorry" page to come up on my system. I would estimate is was less than 5 seconds...

And yes, I was already logged in using the https:// page...

looks like Amazon got what they wanted. The runner up items are sold out as well. Their marketing dept must be thrilled.

I got the bike deal.. but don't need it.. if someone wants it... (do I just give you the verification code?)

Yes, I expected a chance at getting one!!!

I got in exactly at 11:00:00 and finished in less than half a second and supposedly they sold out!

So unless they opened up earlier!!!! Which would be false advertismenet!!! Then they sold 1000 units in less than half a second!!! :mad:

I just at least expected to see a page saying the price and "GO GO GO !" and then be denied like a couple other people.

I'm going to guess they had a system setup to only allow 2000 people in after the question, and once those people were in the deal was "sold out". That could explain why it seemed sold out in about 5 seconds, you didn't actually have to go through the entire process to make sure you got one.

Fuck Amazon.

I will shop at a .com with a resellerrating.com of >5 before I shop at amazon now. They generated massive traffic, but just shot themselves in the foot in my opinion!

WHAT Pisses ME OFF the MOST !! is that fucking voodoextrem.com
fucken Advertised this bullshit so more people were trying for it
i was waiting like a week for thsi crap
plus i have nothing to look forward too on BF THERE NO GOOD FUCKEN DEALS thsi year

Well I refreshed the page @ 11:00 exactly and the page finally showed up @ around 11:02 and the deal had not even started yet....... rrrrrrrrrriiiiight!

Sparky said:
looks like Amazon got what they wanted. The runner up items are sold out as well. Their marketing dept must be thrilled.

and i'm sure they broke even with those... bastards... I hope they had some server crashes

I'd like to know of the people that won, where are they located?

It would be interesting if they were all geographically close to Amazon's servers.

How can they open it up early!!! When they say 11:00 it should be 11:00:00!!! The site was slow about 15 minutes before launch, but that's complete CRAP if they opened it early.

OregonLAN said:
They did, a few seconds early. Either way, there's no possible way Amazon could have sold 1000 units in the amount of time it took for me to answer the question and the amount of time it took for the "sorry" page to come up on my system. I would estimate is was less than 5 seconds...

Although if there were 500k people doing the same thing that you were at the exact same time...then that's how it would work :)

mayakindaguy said:
Yes, I expected a chance at getting one!!!

I got in exactly at 11:00:00 and finished in less than half a second and supposedly they sold out!

So unless they opened up earlier!!!! Which would be false advertismenet!!! Then they sold 1000 units in less than half a second!!! :mad:

dude.... 100k+ people buying 1000 consoles within the same second... grow up..

I didn't win, my page loading 15 mins after. It was timing out :( :mad: I wasted 15 mins of my life on this LOL

Spartacus said:
I'd like to know of the people that won, where are they located?

It would be interesting if they were all geographically close to Amazon's servers.

I am about 10 miles from Amazon HQ in Seattle, and I got sold out at 1101

i wonder how many net admins for amazon and that data center are getting pages "massive DDOS attack, servers on fire, go go go!"

got the next weeks deal at 11:00:0x refreshed... got SOLD OUT screen at 11:00:35... wooo

i got 1.... im suprised i did.. i used https:// and didnt have any problems loading. answered the math question and away i went. i refreshed about 5 times between 10:58 and 11:00 and still wasnt on sale. when i refreshed at 11:01 it was on and i got it. i did the regular http:// on my laptop and couldnt get anything to load. next time something like this goes on sale online use https://

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back