1000 tabs

ng4ever

2[H]4U
Your going to think I am crazy but opening 1000 tabs even with Tree Style Tabs in Firefox is not a good idea. Unless maybe you have a super computer. Even then what is the point ? Just for fun or to test

I got up to 500 something tabs before I had problems which I still thought was impressive but I only have 32 GB of ram. Thankfully Firefox was only using 10 to 15 GB of it.

Bet there is a way to open 1000 but like I said with a super computer.

Remember this is normal websites but some have heavy javascript but I didn't allow it to run on all of them sense I have NoScript too of course.

I wonder if any browser can easily handle 1000s of tabs with flying colors or without a sweat.

Pale Moon with the right add-ons. Haven't tried thousands, but a thousand is no problem.

yes, chrome sucks, but my wife constantly has near 1000 tabs open in chrome and her computer (R7 1700 with 32GB of ram) handles it with flying colors and without breaking a sweat because of that extension.

Which is answering your question.

You: Can this be done?
Me: Yes, like this.
you: No, not like that, that sucks!

yes, chrome sucks, but my wife constantly has near 1000 tabs open in chrome and her computer (R7 1700 with 32GB of ram) handles it with flying colors and without breaking a sweat because of that extension.

Which is answering your question.

You: Can this be done?
Me: Yes, like this.
you: No, not like that, that sucks!

I guess.

Is there anyway to do this in Firefox ?

but WHY?

ok, so what is the most tab's open? is it just a limitation of RAM? or software?

I guess.

Is there anyway to do this in Firefox ?
I moved away from firefox years ago but I'm sure there's probably a similar extension for it.
I also have zero particular interest in trying to find one because that is not a scenario that I ever want to use. I don't like going over 100 tabs for any reason myself and that only happens when I'm doing some heavy research.

Back