$100 Walmart gift card when you buy a PS3

Looks like a nice deal. Too bad it's a gift card.

This news is old as hell, but nice to see that it' still going.

You can actually price match this to Best Buy (what I did) and then you don't have to give your cash to the evil Wal Mart monster who eats children.

Also the Gift card is for online only according to the website. I wonder if you get at the store if they give you "in store" credit?

No, the GC from WalMart is online online regardless of where you buy the console. If you get it at Best Buy you can use the card online or in store, which seems like a better deal to me.

I got a PS3 on the Walmart deal and the gift card was normal, usable in store, for walmart gas, etc.

I can second the gift card is usable for anything in store. Its as good as cash in my book.

Ok, my bad, I was just going off of what was said on the SD forums. Maybe they changed it for this round of sales.

Let's hope they honor it tomorrow or at midnight when I stop in to get my MGS4 bundle!

Ok, my bad, I was just going off of what was said on the SD forums. Maybe they changed it for this round of sales.

You were partially correct. If you purchase online, the gift card is online only.

If you purchase B&M it's good in the store.

But, you can use the online one to buy a normal GC, so it's a fairly stupid game their playing.

Also, it's a toss up if you get the 80GB MGS4 bundle whether you'll get the GC. Seems some managers are giving them and some are not.

If you have an ad (which has no details, but only shows a ps3 as qualifying hardware) you should probably take it with you, if you're going for the 80gb version.

i price matched it at best buy and got a $100 general gift card, which i think is a much better deal. Plus, i got reward points =D
they just have to call the nearest wal mart to see if they have ps3's in stock and then they will give it to you.

The best part about this deal is when you get the system, 2 games, 2 controller for like 540, that alone is a great deal ... plus you get an extra $100 for something more!

Ye-haw!!! Sweet deal there.. tell you what.
You can get your vid-e-o-game and one hundred dollars for some lawn-jur-ay for the missis.

The best part about this deal is when you get the system, 2 games, 2 controller for like 540, that alone is a great deal ... plus you get an extra $100 for something more!

Or you buy the system and get the gift card, then turn back around and spend the $100 on the 2 controllers and part of another game. A cousin of mine bought a ps3 last night because of the gift card offer. A ps3 for essentially $299.. not a bad deal.

use the online gc on their online store to buy another gc then.. just shell out for shipping

I just picked mine up locally and got the gift card. The cashier said it was for blu ray movies but I'll just stop in after work to pick up my games.

Best Buy is certainly price matching this one. I bought my PS3 on May 14th and had them price match it to the Walmart deal last week so I got a $100 gift card. I did not realize the MGS4 bundle included the 80GB PS3 until I was checking out with my copy of MGS4. I came home, boxed up my 40GB and took it back and they exchanged it no questions asked. They could have easily tried to give me a hard time for working the system but they never said a word. Even though I still can't really stand the place, a little faith is restored in BB.

I just picked mine up locally and got the gift card. The cashier said it was for blu ray movies but I'll just stop in after work to pick up my games.

I scored the last one at my local Wally Mart. I got the gift card as well.

I already have a buyer lined up to buy my 60GB PS3 for $400. :D

thanks for posting this.. ordered a 40gb ps3 w/ gran turismo 5 prologue, ut3 and an extra controller for $504. gonna get gta4 and something else with the $100 giftcard

I spent mine on gasoline, movies, housewares and groceries. It's just a regular GC, though I understand that if you buy the PS3 online the GC is limited to walmart online for some silly reason.

I spent mine on gasoline, movies, housewares and groceries. It's just a regular GC, though I understand that if you buy the PS3 online the GC is limited to walmart online for some silly reason.

My $100 card said Blu-Ray on it and had a picture of a Blu-Ray player. Hopefully it's just a regular GC. I'll probably give it to the wife to use on groceries.

OK, well not sure I'll be able to pick this up in time or not, but if anyone has a spare coupon code for Pain I'd love to take that off your hands =)

I just bought a 40 gig PS3 at walmart.com and got the $100 gift card emailed to me immediately. I just used that to buy GTA and MGS and I am going to pick up all of them next time I go down to see my folks as the nearest walmart is ~45 miles away. When you factor in gas, it didn't make economic sense to try to get the MGS4 bundle by any means. The best part is that with the sony credit card deal, I'm getting the PS3, GTA, and MGS for $353.18 tax and everything :D

Well i went to bestbuy and tried to get them to price match it. They said they wouldnt because Walmart was out of stock. So I left the store called Walmart from my cell. And they had 7 in. So i just went to walmart which is like 30minutes more away. It was worth it. got the gift card handed to me and then i used it to buy MGS4.

checked all the wallys in my area for the MGS4 limited edition...NONE but funny thing none of them have ever had one. 3 wallys and no units. Closest one by wally web page is 1101 miles away
I bet the day the gift card give away is over you can get one at any store.
And neither worst buy has one either...same thing they dont' want to price match

I think I'm going to sell the 80GB bundle. I have a guy who will give me $600 for it and I'm keeping the $100 Walmart GC. After tax I'll come out ahead $170. I'll just go buy a DS3 and pocket the rest. I'm not really crazy about the Metal Gear games anyways.

My 60GB has given me no problems. I did some more research and I found out the 80GB in the bundle has the same 90nm CPU as my 60GB. All I would really get out of the deal is 20GB, MGS4, and the DS3.

Oh well, at least I can make some cash for a two mile drive to Walmart.

Well i went to bestbuy and tried to get them to price match it. They said they wouldnt because Walmart was out of stock. So I left the store called Walmart from my cell. And they had 7 in. So i just went to walmart which is like 30minutes more away. It was worth it. got the gift card handed to me and then i used it to buy MGS4.

That's what they said to me. But then I called them out on their bullshit and they pricematched. I refuse to ever give business to Wal Mart.

That's what they said to me. But then I called them out on their bullshit and they pricematched. I refuse to ever give business to Wal Mart.

So you'd rather give it to a great and ethical business like Best Buy. Best Buy IMO is worse than walmart, they don't bring you the lowest prices and they still screw you... at least you get savings with walmart. Best Buy just haven't managed to get a good business model like Walmart yet.

So you'd rather give it to a great and ethical business like Best Buy. Best Buy IMO is worse than walmart, they don't bring you the lowest prices and they still screw you... at least you get savings with walmart. Best Buy just haven't managed to get a good business model like Walmart yet.

i totally fucking agree...monster cables anyone?......................................................................

I'd have to agree with these guys. Best Buy really screws with you. Anytime I ever buy anything from Best Buy, it's almost always on clearance or some kind of scam or I have to use a coupon. Their prices are just always MSRP. You don't save money there. Walmart, on the other hand, I almost always save money. Maybe not always on electronics, but everything else.

Worst buy?

hell if I am looking to get attacked if I return something that doesn't work. YEP I GO THERE
If I want to hear BS and lies about everything I ask about. YEP I GO THERE
wally has no salesmen so you are safe from it.

YEP that TV will do 1080P has a 20 year warranty and oh wait you will need this $100 cable to make it do all that.
BUT THE BOX SAYS 720p
yep the cable makes it work.
(saw that last christmas, I felt so sorry for that dumb woman)

While I agree about pricing at Best Buy, I think the issues with service are store to store or regional. I have never had ANY issues with salespeople attacking me and all of my customer service experiences have been great. Even when I traded my 28 day old 40GB PS3 that I made them pricematch to the Walmart ad last week in on the bundle yesterday they didn't say a word. Didn't try to tell me the couldn't because Walmart was out of stock, hell they didn't even call Walmart to check stock. Even needed a manager override due to the fact that I got the $100 gift card from my pricematch last week. He just walked over, smiled and punched in his code. As much as I hate to admit it, I have nothing but good things to say about my local store (Gainesville, FL)

Woot I got the MGS4 Bundle. I asked the lady at the register if it came with the GC and showed her the ad, but she said she would have to get a manager to do it. Funny thing is, it ran up with the free GC automatically, so there was no need for me to sit there 15min waiting for a manager to come. Oh well, it was fairly painless.

Back