~$100 Mobo for e6300 or e6400 for minor OCing

The Biostar is good, but everyone will point to the S3 or DS3 because the Biostar came out a while after them (they might not know about it).

I'd say either the biostar or the Gigabyte S3. I had a 6300 up to 2.8Ghz with stock cooling on my DS3 (same as S3 with different capacitors). I don't think the Dual VSTA will get you up that high (although it is a pretty flexible board).

no tha asrock dual vista won't do but 290-320 fsb with a core 2 . it's not a "real" overclocking mb . but it is super flexable and atable when set up proper . i've got one and i like it .

alot of people are buying the asrock as a temporary set up with plans to get a 965p and less expensive ddr-2-800 later . or are waiting on a rd-600 or nvidia 650 ultra and want something to run their core 2 on for right now that won't break the bank.

for overclocking right now i would get a core 2 6400 or maybe a 6300 and a 965p mb like a gigabyte ds-3 or asus p5b-e--

i have heard of some very good OC's on the biostar 965pt some in the 500mhz range . but i am running the gigabyte s-3 which can hit 500+mhz with the non micron ram . with micron it hits a stable 480fsb.

so i figure the mb to get is what is required to get a minor overclock . if 300fsb or so is enough and you can live with a 4x pci-e and have 2 gig of ddr-400 allready then the asrock 775 dual vista is a good deal @ $55 and get a faster mb/ram setup later .

if you need more than say 400fsb to be a good mild overclock --then get the gigabyte ds-3 / or the s-3 or the biostar PT, or the asus p5b-e or delux-- and some good ddr-2 800. :cool:

Loving the 965PT, did 430 fsb with the stock cooler, great value board!

I would have gone for the biostar 965pt myself. The only thing that held me back was that I'd need to buy a header cable to have a parallel port since for some reason they decided not to put it on the main back panel. And also, I'd have to rig a mod for the vdimm (really easy though!!) to get more than 2.2v. All in all, from everything I've read, it's a great board

Back