$100 Chevron gas card for $90 on ebay

I looked for the same thing with regards to Shell, since they do a pretty decent promo with a local grocery store around here, but all I could find are people trying to sell 200 dollar cards for $220 with no added perks.

Almost smells like someone's trying to illegally launder money (in this case, not with the OP's deal).

Wow that is crazy popular for 10% off gas

I guess $3.50 a gallon would then be $3.15 a gallon so that is pretty good

Wish they had shell cards

I saw that on SD yesterday and went in for one. I bought it through ebates.com, so in theory, I'll get 4% back.

Wow that is crazy popular for 10% off gas

I guess $3.50 a gallon would then be $3.15 a gallon so that is pretty good

Wish they had shell cards

Depends upon what options you have available, around here Shell and Chevron are up there as far as expensive places to get gas. Just looking at the GasBuddy app I can get gas at CostCo for 50 cents cheaper per gallon that what Chevron sells for, and while yeah not everyone has CostCo near by, usually can find gas at Arco or some "Brand X" station for 30 cents per gallon cheaper.

Every gas station gets their gas from the same distributors - the only difference is the ~special additives~ the brand-name stations put in once it's in the tank. If anything, if you don't trust their additives, the 'off-brand' gas stations sell 'purer' product...you just have to worry about them using other means to maximize profits by minimizing quality.

My wife's new 2015 Santa Fe Turbo urges using only "Top-Tier" approved gas. The owner's manual states, "If TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is not available, add one bottle of additive to the fuel tank at every 7,500 mile or every engine oil change is recommended."

The benefits of non-brand vs premium gas can be debated, but I consider using Top-Tier gas from Chevron, Shell, Etc. to be cheap insurance for a new vehicle we plan to keep for 10 years.

My wife's new 2015 Santa Fe Turbo urges using only "Top-Tier" approved gas. The owner's manual states, "If TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is not available, add one bottle of additive to the fuel tank at every 7,500 mile or every engine oil change is recommended."

The benefits of non-brand vs premium gas can be debated, but I consider using Top-Tier gas from Chevron, Shell, Etc. to be cheap insurance for a new vehicle we plan to keep for 10 years.

All GDI engines say that. It is to prevent carbon build up. In my area 'top tier' also means 93 octane versus 92!!

Is it better to use it at the pump or pay inside? Just wondering if the pump is more risky for fraud.

The deal is back except this time it is two dollars more expensive.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Shell (not sure about Chevron) is pretty expensive gas. I'll stick with Kroger. Cheaper gas and I can get as much as another buck a gallon off too.

I've bought multiple Exxon cards from this ebayer, SVM. All of have been legit and worked out perfectly. Makes cheap Texas gas even cheaper. I love it.

I get to use my Safeway gas points at Chevron (no Safeway gas station around here) so this makes it a little bit of a better deal. I do get 3% back on my cash rewards credit card though.

[QUOTE="piratepress, post: 1041628705, member: 3549] The benefits of non-brand vs premium gas can be debated, but I consider using Top-Tier gas from Chevron, Shell, Etc. to be cheap insurance for a new vehicle we plan to keep for 10 years.[/QUOTE]
I stopped paying extra for the 'premium' brands after I lived in Linden NJ and saw the trucks for every brand coming out of the tosco refinery. Neighbor who worked there told me they all take the same gas. That was what, 35 years ago? I've used discount gasoline brands in all my high performance engines (auto and motorcycle) with no problems at all. Just use the correct octane rating. If you wind up with clogged injectors, there might be a problem, but if there were, every car on the road would be dying from it, and you simply don't see it. It's like the immunization/autism connection; there doesn't seem to be any, no matter how hard you look. If you're racing, you might get that extra 1/10th second off you lap times, but more likely, it's the driver that makes the difference, not the gasoline brand.

I've got a toyota that's almost 20 years old, and I always buy the cheapest gas. Gas is gas. You pay Exxon, Chevron et. al. a premium for advertising and marketing gimmicks. The only time there's a real difference is if you get gas without ethanol, and I haven't seen anything other than small no name stations that have that (at a premium that typically out weighs any MPG benefit pure petrol). Personally, I stick with Kroger stations and typically get between $0.50 and $1.00 off per gallon. Earlier this year I was paying $0.49/gallon.

FYI - Shell is supposed to be the top of the top tier brands. Whatever agents they add are expensive. Those of you with GDI engines should check out a product called ACES IV

I haven't seen the 90 deal in a very long time. These days it's always 92 and that deal is back. Someone should change the thread title.
Shell is supposed to be the top of the top tier brands
Didn't know that. Where'd you hear it?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
no Chevrons in my area, but I do see a 90 deal for Exxon / Mobil. I may jump on that

Gas stations all get their has from the same place, only thing that changes is the different additives (ex. Techron, V-Power, ect). These additives are added on top of the additives required by law.

Your basic mom mobiles with Lego engines aren't particularly picky about gas quality, but there is a difference. And if you've got a performance or otherwise complicated engine then you really need to be hunting a few blocks for better fuel.

Your basic mom mobiles with Lego engines aren't particularly picky about gas quality, but there is a difference. And if you've got a performance or otherwise complicated engine then you really need to be hunting a few blocks for better fuel.

There really isn't a difference. It's all marketing. Unless the manual says to use Premium, use regular gas. Unless it says use Shell, use whatever gas is available. At least that's what Edmunds said several years ago.

It's dead and keeps get bump heh.. Chevron has standards.. maybe all same gas but not same filters? I use chevron 87 and bought 10 of the92$ gc just because it's easier than going inside to pay and save money compared to use atm at pump costs 4-10 cents more per gallon. Deals dead 92$ deal was still going few days ago not looked today. One thing I do know is a full tank of gas at chevron goes more miles compared to (generic station) ... Costco gas is 2nd favorite place to go

Back