10 Most Hated Movies of 2011

Hall Pass was worse than Horrible Bosses... Hell, I enjoyed Horrible Bosses over The Change Up, even though that was funny as well.

I agree with everyone's take on Source Code, both Greens and Transformers.
They are not bad, far from great... as well as "most hated".

Super 8 and The Tree of Life are great movies. Love the cinematography in Tree of Life. Author has no taste :)

Tree of Life, Hell a lot of Terrence Malick's movies, you really really have to be in the right type of mood for and some you need plenty of free time.

One of his best entry films is Days of Heaven, it's one of the shortest/easy to get films he's done and a great movie all around. Then there's The Badlands, which is his best earliest film. His epic long films are The Thing red line and The New World (I didn't much care for the NEw world myself).

Tree of life is his most obscure film to 'get" and imo I wouldn't judge his films as a whole on this one if you didn't enjoy it. I'd recommend Days of Heaven to give him a shot and if you like that badlands (starring Martin Sheen/Sissy Spacek)

+1

Malicks movies are basically art and I love it.

Adjustment Bureau was false advertising... it was basically chick flick

Ugh, first off: How crappy is that page design? Jeez.

I watched Green Lantern at the Dollar movie here in town: Didn't hate it, felt it wasn't great. The amount of CGI made it hard to feel connected to the world, especially when there were a number of scenes that needed some retooling.

Green Hornet - couldn't finish it, love Seth Rogen, but I feel he was totally wrong for the part. I couldn't like enough to be interested, or hate it enough to form a real opinion. 'Meh' sums it up in total for me

The Adjustment Bureau - I don't know how this is a 'hatable' movie. Was it really that bad? It was a love story, I took my wife to see it on date night, and I wasn't really expecting a dark sci-fi noir or anything. I thought it had a nice message. Sometimes a happy ending is all you need. That works as a stand alone statement as well. :D

Tree of life - didn't see
Source code - waiting for it to be on TV

Horrible Bosses - loved. Love the cast, elevated the movie for me that they all seemed to be having such a good time making that movie.

Dark of the Moon - Michael Bay movie with big-ass robots and shit blowing up. Come on, who went to that expecting anything but their id to be engaged?

In Time - didn't see. waiting for netflix

Jack and Jill - PG Adam Sandler movies are not my thing

Super 8 - didn't see

Hall Pass was worse than Horrible Bosses...

I don't know what happened to the Farrelly brothers, but their last 3 or 4 movies I didn't like. Hall Pass just seemed so forced. Contrived setups, a group of on-screen friends composed of personality-free stereotypes. Aside from the end, when everything goes tits up, and the 'sneeze' joke, the rest of the movie was almost laugh free for me.

This is coming from a guy who loves dick and fart joke movies, but their latest have just felt blah.

Green Lantern was okay, CGI was a little sketchy in places.

Green Hornet, just didn't grab my attention.

And like most other people, I'm wondering how the Twilight series didn't make the list for utter s#!te, let alone a female character, with absolutely no qualities aside from being shallow, and a fear of losing one of the two people that want to get in her pants, so she plays them both along (only know because my wife has the books, and dragged me to all but the latest movie).

Adjustment Bureau was false advertising... it was basically chick flick

Maybe so. The trailers made it look like a Dark City ripoff, but worse.

That's almost exactly how I felt about it, but not in a bad way. Trailers were pure Dark City. But as you got deeper into the movie, it ended up being a sort of "Romantic Sci-Fi/Fantasy" movie of sorts. Enjoyed it.

Bah... It's just one person's opinion, that's all. For all we know, that individual might be the type that thinks of any movie as junk if it doesn't resemble "Out of Africa," "Ghandi," or "The Life of Catherine de Medici." (not sure if that's a real title)

I actually liked most of those movies on that list. I'm surprised that the article doesn't mention "Sucker Punch" (another flick that I liked ;) )

Terrible list. I only saw about half a dozen of the movies ("AB", the 2 "Green"s, "SC", "HB", "T3") on that list and didn't think they were bad. By far, I think the worst movie I saw that was really hyped up was "Bridesmaids". Most of the chicks were fugly and I think I only laughed once (the airplane scene). :rolleyes: I'm surprised "Hangover 2" didn't make it, given how controversial it was by saying it was like the first one, but only worse. I didn't think "HO2" was that bad, but definitely not as good as the original.

Green Lantern. Ryan Reynolds destroying Paralax.

Ryan Reynolds was Paralax. Another great Hollywood f-up.

LOL, why would anybody read Wired for its take on films? Then again, why would anybody bother reading a rag like Wired magazine for anything?

You people do realize all these "top ten" type lists aren't even close to serious. They intentionally throw in good movies just to stir up controversy and get some notice. Heck, it got this thread going, didn't it?

LOL, why would anybody read Wired for its take on films? Then again, why would anybody bother reading a rag like Wired magazine for anything?

You people do realize all these "top ten" type lists aren't even close to serious. They intentionally throw in good movies just to stir up controversy and get some notice. Heck, it got this thread going, didn't it?

Amen. My reply to every single one of these "top 10 worst" or "top ten hated" threads is the same every time:

"So let me guess before I even read the article - this list is comprised of the 10 most popular [insert topic here - movies, albums, etc] currenly out, amirite?"

...and that is absolutely the case every single time. Whatever is popular is "cool" to hate on, so the most popular, "liked" stuff is "most hated". :rolleyes:

Just goes to show you that people have varying different tastes.

Green Lantern, Green Hornet I'll agree with, they were pretty stupid.

Adjustment Bureau was kind of wonky, but hardly "the most horrible"

Source Code I actually liked, even if the premise was silly.
Horrible Bosses did have quite a few funny moments (Jennifer Aniston as a mega slut was kind of hot :D)
Transformers dark of the Moon... did ya see any of the other Transformer movies Michael Bay did? What exactly did you expect Shakespeare? The only really horrible thing about that movie was they once again felt the need for a love interest. Just give me mindless special effects (even if you did kind of ruin my childhood memories)

Every Transformer movie sounded like the dialogue was forced and there's no cohesive flow between the scenes (heck, even the conversations seemed like they were put in a blender) You're only watching it for the CG :rolleyes:

I thought Green Hornet was pretty good. Mind you, i'm not a fan of the comics and don't even know what it was about, so i'm looking at the movie as a stand alone and not canon.

You're only watching it for the CG :rolleyes:

No shit, Sherlock. Everyone has their own reasons for watching movies. CGI is one of them. It's a very real factor these days, regardless of how good or bad you may think the acting/story is in a given movie. It's a reality that you and other movie-snobs need to come to terms with.

Super 8 and Source Code were decent.

Haven't seen The Tree of Life yet but I doubt the movie sucks, given it won the Palme d'Or.

Transformers, Green Lantern, Green Hornet... these are shitty films for sure.

Every Transformer movie sounded like the dialogue was forced and there's no cohesive flow between the scenes (heck, even the conversations seemed like they were put in a blender) You're only watching it for the CG :rolleyes:

I would be fine with this if Hollywood didn't stomp on my childhood memories with some CGI nonsense unrelated to G1. If people want to see 2 hours of non-stop bang, bang, explosion movies with a token airhead, they are welcome to. But don't hijack an existing storyline to do it. As far as I am concerned, the only Transformers movie made had Leonard Nimoy and Orson Welles as voice actors.

LOL Transformers 3 was better then 2. I like, 1 (Fav...best one.) 3 and 2 comes in third. (I consider 2 less watchable then Spider-Man 3, and i've seen 3 many times, and twice in theaters. And TF 2 twice.)

I want to see Super 8...
All the others on that list is meh to me. (I would like to see Green Hornet, and Lantern, one day...)

I want to see "In Time", which is an alleged most hated movie. I hope Redbox has it by now. I haven't checked their website yet.

He dissed one of my favorite directors - Terence Mallick. The reviewer needs to understand that in order to be an artist one needs to be pretentious, and apologetically so too.

edit:Should be unapologetic and not apologetically. WTF does this specific part of the forum not allow editing of posts?

Finally i feel a little redeemed, I loathed super 8, funnily enough the only on the list I saw

Back