$10 Free with $50 Amazon gift card purchase

Josh Hazel

Limp Gawd
Just used the code and it worked... see also at fatwallet FatWallet forum

Enjoy this exclusive Gift Cards offer: Surprise someone with an Amazon.com Gift Card, and get a $10 promotional code to spend on yourself. Just purchase at least $50 in Amazon.com Gift Cards in a single order by March 31, 2015, and we'll email you a $10 promotional code to spend at Amazon.com. Enter "0315GCARDS" at checkout to qualify. A perfect present for any occasion, Amazon.com Gift Cards can be sent via email, printed at home, or sent through the mail (with Free One-Day Shipping). Amazon.com Gift Cards are redeemable storewide for millions of items and never expire. Scroll down to learn how to use your promotional code. Terms and conditions apply; scroll down to learn more.

Redeemed mine, but keep in mind this is YMMV according to FatWallet.

I didn't see anything about this in my email but tried code upon checkout and it worked fine. Maybe I got the email and just marked it as read, who knows

Appears to be. I got.. "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.", so no free $10 for me :rolleyes:

I didn't see anything about this in my email but tried code upon checkout and it worked fine. Maybe I got the email and just marked it as read, who knows

Thats what I am hearing from a friend as well.

It worked for me, but not for him.

So basically it's like getting your sales tax comped when you make a purchase?

Don't really think this classifies as a hot deal but $10 is better than $0.

Before I forget: thanks for this, OP! Still not seeing an email for this so I never would've known

Will you know if your account is eligible for the $10 bonus before you hit submit to buy the $50 GC? Or only after you buy it, do you find out if you will or won't get the $10 bonus? :confused:

Will you know if your account is eligible for the $10 bonus before you hit submit to buy the $50 GC? Or only after you buy it, do you find out if you will or won't get the $10 bonus? :confused:

Before you finalize your purchase. Add $50 Amazon GC to order (doesn't show up in cart, but directly takes you to payment page), select payment method, then on the next screen you can enter the promo code (which will either give you the "cannot be applied" error, or accept it).

Link for Amazon Gift Card (so that [H] might get some referral cash)..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LLIKVU/

And 20% off of $50 of anything at Amazon is pretty [H]ot, imo :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I was going to stock up and buy a bunch of them. I give these away at christmas as gifts. Would of been nice to get something out of it other then giant eagle fuel perks like i normally get

So basically it's like getting your sales tax comped when you make a purchase?

Don't really think this classifies as a hot deal but $10 is better than $0.

If you're paying 20% sales tax, you're doing it wrong!

OP, the code didn't work for me, but thanks for the heads up.

Before you finalize your purchase. Add $50 Amazon GC to order (doesn't show up in cart, but directly takes you to payment page), select payment method, then on the next screen you can enter the promo code (which will either give you the "cannot be applied" error, or accept it).

Link for Amazon Gift Card (so that [H] might get some referral cash)..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LLIKVU/

And 20% off of $50 of anything at Amazon is pretty [H]ot, imo :)
Thanks, I clicked that link and applied the code that the first post mentioned at the checkout. It then showed: "You successfully redeemed your promotional code." So I guess that's the bonus $10 GC? Below the order total, it says:
Qualifying offers:

Gift Card Promotion

Let's see how this turns out ...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
No go for me. I tried the one last month and it would only let me get in on the 5 back on 25 card. I passed....

Kid

While attempting the deal the order page said the code was accepted but never saw anything on my account or by email that suggested I was getting my $10 so started a support chat with them which then turned into needing to call them at their request. After 15 min on the phone with the CS agent she refunded $10 to my credit card so in the end it cost $40 to get $50 vs $50 for $60.

Thanks, Coran. Might have to do the same, since I still haven't seen anything for this on my side either (even though the code went through)

Not a huge deal since I'm gonna use the $50 giftcard regardless, just disappointing if no $10.

While attempting the deal the order page said the code was accepted but never saw anything on my account or by email that suggested I was getting my $10 so started a support chat with them which then turned into needing to call them at their request. After 15 min on the phone with the CS agent she refunded $10 to my credit card so in the end it cost $40 to get $50 vs $50 for $60.

Thanks, Coran. Might have to do the same, since I still haven't seen anything for this on my side either (even though the code went through)

Not a huge deal since I'm gonna use the $50 giftcard regardless, just disappointing if no $10.
Same here. I e-mailed that $50 GC to myself, so I wasn't sure which account would get the $10 GC, but it's the same e-mail address and neither received it. So I'll probably do the chat thing that coran mentioned and hope I get a friendly CSR as well.

I should mention I think I saw that the deal said the $10 back will come via email in 5 business days.

I got my $10 back after exactly 5 days (today on Saturday) after ordering the gift card last Monday.

I contacted amazon chat and they credited my account $10, so it's worth trying for those who don't see anything in the next few days.

I got my $10 back after exactly 5 days (today on Saturday) after ordering the gift card last Monday.

I ordered one. A shot at a 17% discount is too good to pass up. Worse case scenario I just use the gift card for stuff I was going to buy anyway.

You guy should do your internet searches though Bing and get 10.00 in two months =) or less....
Through the Bing Rewards program I got over 100.00 in Amazon gift cards over the past year.

You guy should do your internet searches though Bing and get 10.00 in two months =) or less....
Through the Bing Rewards program I got over 100.00 in Amazon gift cards over the past year.

I'm not sure that 10 bucks a year is worth me logging into a search engine. For the most part, I block all cookies and java script from search engines.

worked once, then went to change my payment method, didn't show any promotions, added the code again but then it wouldn't accept it... I'll try it again later and see what happens

I placed my order on 3/10 for the $50 Amazon GC and still didn't get $10 back or a $10 GC. However, I did get an e-mail that had a promotion code, but it didn't say what it can do (such as if it's $10 off $10. I'll contact Amazon customer service to see what's up.

I placed my order on 3/10 for the $50 Amazon GC and still didn't get $10 back or a $10 GC. However, I did get an e-mail that had a promotion code, but it didn't say what it can do (such as if it's $10 off $10. I'll contact Amazon customer service to see what's up.

In the same boat, Beowulf, but too lazy to contact customer support. Please let us know what happens

In the same boat, Beowulf, but too lazy to contact customer support. Please let us know what happens
Good news! I entered what looks like an Amazon gift code that was e-mailed to me a day or 2 after I bought the $50 GC (and got that e-mail right away, of course). However, the code had no value associated with it. I then applied that gift code to my Amazon account, which took, but it didn't say the monetary value.

I then bought something I was going to anyway and figured my $50 GC would be partially used (was a $20+ S&S item). To my pleasant surprise, $10 was deducted from the price before my $50 GC was used. So, you should get that $10 in your account as well, assuming you had initial success when you bought the GC.

I hope this helps others. I never had to contact Amazon support. Definitely worth it. I wonder if it'll work again or if it's just 1 time per account.

Back