10.5.7 adds Core i7 support

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
A certain community (see sig, you know what I mean ;)) has discovered that the kernel in the recently released 10.5.7 now fully supports and works on Intel's Core i7 processor. Combining this with the disappearance of iMacs from shelves, I believe the long-awaited i7-based iMac is very close around the corner. :D

10.5.7 is not "recently released." Apple seeded developers with an in-progress build, nothing more.

I wonder if Apple is jumping straight to the i7 considering they haven't really adopted the Core 2 Quad at all.

10.5.7 is not "recently released." Apple seeded developers with an in-progress build, nothing more.

I wonder if Apple is jumping straight to the i7 considering they haven't really adopted the Core 2 Quad at all.

I think that's why we never saw quad cores in the mac line up, Apple is probably going to jump pass them and straight into Core i7. Maybe the low end models will feature a quad core processor.

You never know with Apple....

I just hope they announce it soon. I've been putting off getting one just because of this!

Back