10.4 drivers and BFBC2

ashmelev75

[H]ard|Gawd
I've installed the new drivers, but I don't see any improvement for loading times in DX10 mode nor fixed blinking textures in DX9 mode. Using Windows 7 x64 and Sapphire 4870 1GB card and Application Profiles Apr07.

Am I missing something?

The loading times aren't fixed in the official 10.4 for the 4xxx series, but they are fixed in the 10.4a preview driver.

Be sure to uninstall the old drivers via add/remove programs, then reinstall the 10.4a preview driver which you can download here.

Does this issue only affect multiplayer or seen in single player as well? I have not experienced it playing BFBC2 but have only played single player missions so far. Running 10.4 official drivers.

The loading times aren't fixed in the official 10.4 for the 4xxx series, but they are fixed in the 10.4a preview driver.

Be sure to uninstall the old drivers via add/remove programs, then reinstall the 10.4a preview driver which you can download here.

I just installed over the old and experienced an improvement of 5-15 sec on 4890

I've installed the new drivers, but I don't see any improvement for loading times in DX10 mode nor fixed blinking textures in DX9 mode. Using Windows 7 x64 and Sapphire 4870 1GB card and Application Profiles Apr07.

Am I missing something?

10.4 WHQL does not fix load times for 4 series. only for 5 series. 10.4a does fix for 4 series.

I see flickering as well on my 4870. Application profiles are only for CF, i think. so they don't affect single GPU.

Back