1 Titan...why not 20?

PRIME1

2[H]4U
msCIHBZ.jpg

Saw this on reddit, thought you guys might like it.

Oh god, oh god! Just send me one, please. I still have at least 2 months before I can buy one.

Damnit!!! I can't believe someone snapped a Spy pic of my shelves, I clearly labeled them reserved, as in reserved for my viewing pleasure only!!! GRRR

:D

Now to just find the one that OCs the best, and liquidate the rest on ebay for $1500 each ... :D

They're gonna do the titan drop test like they do with all the new iPhones

Probably someone doing science. I heard that Titans are getting snapped up quickly because they're basically the same thing as the Tesla card just without the insane Tesla price tag.

^^^^ this. Most people don't even realize it. They're marketing it to gamers which is smart to sell as many as possible but companies will buy these in quantities gamers will probably never ever match.

^I heard the same thing. Despite the "high" price tag its relatively low for a tesla card. The enthusists market is only so much but you need volume to make money (I think thats why AMD went APUs instead of competing 1 on 1 with intel in the cpu department).

Not sure what the point of this thread is....probably just used for multiple workstation builds or so or somebody taking a picture of the cards at their workplace....

my friend works at Rockstar Games and told me that Nvidia came in a few weeks back and handed out the Titan cards to all executives.... he got a 690

LOL $20000 worth of video cards.

And yet we have people in the world who make $1 an hour making those.

Gotta love democracy!

LOL $20000 worth of video cards.

And yet we have people in the world who make $1 an hour making those.

Gotta love democracy!

Capitalism's only dark side is that "maximization" of profits means minimization of something else...

This pic was posted by EVGA (on their Facebook feed).

I imagine it's the cards they've sold already and are being prepped for boxing/shipping....

Edit - It was actually CyberPower... which makes more sense.

Last edited:

I imagine it's the cards they've sold already and are being prepped for boxing/shipping....

Are you insane. There is no way a tech house like EVGA would put electronic HW on a wood shelf to be shipped to customers without any ESD mitigation.

Edit - It was actually CyberPower... which makes more sense.

So the GPUs are shipped from China bare and then repackaged in the USof A by EVGA??

I find that hard to believe.

EVGA would have to have an airplane hangar full of highly underpaid workers stuffing GPUs into boxes to make any profit.

The retail boxing is taken care of at the site of manufacture.

No, it looks like this may be the staging area for CyberPower? lol ... they don't exactly have a great reputation.

It's always been my understanding that the chips are shipped to the integrator (ASUS/EVGA etc) and they install them into their PCB. However, Titan and the 690 cards may be exceptions.

No, it looks like this may be the staging area for CyberPower? lol ... they don't exactly have a great reputation.

It's always been my understanding that the chips are shipped to the integrator (ASUS/EVGA etc) and they install them into their PCB. However, Titan and the 690 cards may be exceptions.

As far as I understand it.......and I am far from an expert, you are correct......

ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, Sapphire and FoxConn or someone like them have the PCB manufacture capability......

They buy the chip from NVidia and them make the PCB according to spec.
EVGA contracts someone to do the whole deal and then their label is slapped on at the end of the line. As far as I know EVGA is just a front for customer service and RMA work.....they don't "build" anything anywhere......exactly like apple.

The NVidia specific builds are the same way....they contract with a builder and all the cards are exactly the same, excepting the label and the retail package.

:) Thanks. I didn't realize EVGA was just a re-seller. Oh well, they provide great CS so I can't complain.

I'm not sure about your wage research, but I think you meant 'capitalism'.

its capitalism def lol

My guess is that the cards are allocated for demo purposes. sort of like allocating cars at a honda dealer for loaners

:) Thanks. I didn't realize EVGA was just a re-seller. Oh well, they provide great CS so I can't complain.

Oh absolutely.

EVGA has very good CS, as good or better than the old BFG (still sad they are gone)

Again, it doesn't mean EVGA can't or wont design or engineer products, obviously they have some products that no one else does; so they do work very closely with somebody to make their products.....I mean just look at how many different 680s they offer.....

But as far as manufacturing facilities, they don't do that.:D

my friend works at Rockstar Games and told me that Nvidia came in a few weeks back and handed out the Titan cards to all executives.... he got a 690

Sounds like someone is angling to get a TWIMTBP sticker slapped on GTA5.

Back