1 Sale A Day 1/20/12 HTC EVO View 32GB Tablet $230

Is this worth it when a bunch of new tablets are set to come out within the next several months?

I am almost wanting to buy this..since HTC does have an over the air upgrade to 3.2 for it.

I will tell you this tab is amazing - has looooong battery life, great screen - the sense ui is pretty and intuitive - and it fits in my jacket pocket. I have yet to go to HC on it becuase I like the GB so much with sense overlay (with HC you lose the touch buttons on the view).

It's not dual or quad core no but it's also not SOC which has it's own issues. a 1.5Ghz snapdragon and powervr graffix chip does just fine - it has 32 gb of ram on it and a micro sd slot making it a 64 gb tab for not much extra. the only downside is I don't think it is a tru gps but rather a-gps and needs a wifi or wimax to work but you can dl maps and work around that.

I can't see spending this much on a single core tablet at this point. If this was 6-12 months ago, it would have been a good deal, but at this point, I think a Kindle Fire would be faster (just no SD card slot) or a Nook Tablet.

Even chinese knockoffs have leftover iPad 2 screens in them now for the same money as this tablet.

Is this worth it when a bunch of new tablets are set to come out within the next several months?

There is always something better in just a few months. The question is what do you want out of it? I do not think the new better tablets are going to come in less than $300. Plus you get whatever use out of it now.

Not telling you one way or the other.

do tablets really need the dual core/quad cores anyway? they are mostly for reading/web browsing.

hell, the little el-cheapo 500mhz tablet I have can surf, although it is a bit sluggish. Heck it even plays youtube videos just fine.

If the battery lift is good, that is a HUGE plus. Don't most of the newer tablets have like abysmal battery lift?

A dual core can make web browsing better for sure. Reading is no big deal one way or the other. If you're going to get a tablet for reading/web browsing, get a Kindle Fire for $30 cheaper.

I definitely don't think so. Q2 for 7in quad core tegra 3 with ICS.

This. Much more powerful hardware and a much newer OS with a longer support line. I get the argument of "something better is always coming" but in this case its worth it.

So is this locked to sprint? I wonder if I can replace my work blackberry with this just by swapping the sim card....

I am almost wanting to buy this..since HTC does have an over the air upgrade to 3.2 for it.

dont do it, with gingerbread it was amazing . with the upgrade it feels like more of a downgrade , lost usable space at the top and bottom of the screen , hard buttons are disabled now.
its a fast and sweet tablet as long as you dont do the upgrade, now it feels like an overgrown phone.:mad:

locked to sprint ie cdma ie no sim, not a umts device.

bought one for my wife's schools raffle. someones going to enjoy it i hope.

I definitely don't think so. Q2 for 7in quad core tegra 3 with ICS.

I'm with you, Asus is making that tablet and are quoting a price of $250. If I wanted a 7 inch tablet right now then I would get the Kindle Fire which is $30 cheaper.

For 235 shipped I bit. Even if its not the best thing out there, the kids will love it. And when the Galaxy Note comes out, they wont be begging me to use that so much (or at least I will have an excuse not to let them). :p

Back