1 or 2 gigs

I'd go with the Corsair; only I'd get the XMS series. My buddy is running the Corsair Value stuff and it's just not the same as the XMS. It's not as snappy. I'd maybe even go with some 3500 in 2 X 512 sticks.

Newegg.com is selling a thermaltake 480 watt psu that tops out at 550watts not only that but the thing has fan controllers too and it only costs $61 with shipping. I plan on ordering mine tommorow!

Milez6 said:
Newegg.com is selling a thermaltake 480 watt psu that tops out at 550watts not only that but the thing has fan controllers too and it only costs $61 with shipping. I plan on ordering mine tommorow!

What's that have to do with the OP :confused:

And yea get the XMS

MaMMa said:
What's that have to do with the OP :confused:

And yea get the XMS
sorry I was browsing online and some other guy was asking where to get a decent psu and I must have posted in the wrong thread! :rolleyes:

Yeah. Go 1gig but better ram. Their Value series is kinda lame. XMS is very nice.

how much RAM you put in your comp now depends on how long you are going to keep this computer. if you are going to keep it for about 2 years then go with 2 gigs of RAM but if you are going to build a new system in a year then stick with 1 gig. 1gig right now is the sweet spot for gaming. it wont give you more FPS but it will make your games run a lot smoother because the paging file wont be accessed nearly as much. i have 1gig after having having 512mb and i notice a huge performance gain between the 2. i wonder if there is such a gain between 1gig and 2gigs. i guess ill have to find out eh.

MikeP said:
Yeah. Go 1gig but better ram. Their Value series is kinda lame. XMS is very nice.

I almost always use the Corsair value RAM, never have seen a difference worth $100 to justify the XMS, in fact my computers feel as fast with either, personally I think it is just bragging bullshit, and most benchmarks back that up. But hey, faster is faster so if you have the bucks, go nuts.

My big three: Crucial, Corsair, and Mushkin. I shop the best "deal" at the time of the build, depending on budget. No regrets, no complaints.

I tell folks that for most casual users, half a gig of RAM seems to get things done and is a workable answer. For "us", I've never read a post where moving from 512 to a gig of RAM made someone want to pull out the new RAM....:D Get a gig if it's not waaay ouy of your budget....you won't regret it.

Rock On - B.B.S.

BlindedByScience said:
My big three: Crucial, Corsair, and Mushkin. I shop the best "deal" at the time of the build, depending on budget. No regrets, no complaints.

I tell folks that for most casual users, half a gig of RAM seems to get things done and is a workable answer. For "us", I've never read a post where moving from 512 to a gig of RAM made someone want to pull out the new RAM....:D Get a gig if it's not waaay ouy of your budget....you won't regret it.

Rock On - B.B.S.

And OCZ :D

Back