1 more hour till Windows 7 RTM? Vista RTM came out 2am EST on Nov. 8th.

Anyone else getting the enterprise editon with german below the cd key? I checked and I'm on the en-us site...

ishot158.jpg

Yeah I'm getting the same thing. For some reason it won't let me retrieve a key.

Where did they say that? I know they ship (at least for Ultimate) both disks, but I highly doubt they are one one DVD. It'd have to be a DL DVD.

I read somewhere that is what they were supposed to do, I guess MS is too cheap for DL DVDs.

I'm seeing this (in English)

“If you retrieved a key for the Windows 7 Beta or RC, a Windows 7 key has been provided for your convenience.”

For both Ultimate and Enterprise...and I can't generate a key. I can able to generate a professional key though.

Anyone understand how we are supposed to get the key that "has been provided for your convenience?"

From Microsoft's notes:

Windows 7 RTM Available to all MSDN Subscribers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supportability Notes
· To reduce potential impacts on the Product Key system during the anticipated high traffic immediately following launch, Microsoft has pre-claimed a single product key on behalf of active subscribers who claimed a Windows 7 Beta or RC key. The product key notes will state, “If you retrieved a key for the Windows 7 Beta or RC, a Windows 7 key has been provided for your convenience.”

Anyone?

Thanks

I'm seeing this (in English)

“If you retrieved a key for the Windows 7 Beta or RC, a Windows 7 key has been provided for your convenience.”

For both Ultimate and Enterprise...and I can't generate a key. I can able to generate a professional key though.

Anyone understand how we are supposed to get the key that "has been provided for your convenience?"
Don't sweat it. Get your keys next week when the servers are healed... You've got a grace period, yanno.

Can someone give me the link? I too can't wait to experiment it on my old PC
You've got to have a TechNet Subscription, it's not just a public website.

I got the 'provided for convenience' key message and was still able to generate new keys.

I got the 'provided for convenience' key message and was still able to generate new keys.

I was able to generate 3 keys and now I just get an error for Ultimate. Home Premium and Pro seem OK. Ultimate must just be getting pounded?

Well would you look at that.. the hashes match the same ones released by MS weeks ago... Who's laughing now?

Same here for Ultimate, I noticed that too.

Why are you not getting Ultimate tho?

Not like that on MSDN, it's english:

"If you retrieved a key for the Windows 7 Beta or RC, a Windows 7 key has been provided for your convenience."

I'm an idiot, I was looking at the x86 hash.

The hash appears to be the same as the "official" one leaked beforehand.

Phew... now I just gotta wait till it shows up on MSDNAA... I'm starting to get the feeling it won't until October 22 :(

Phew... now I just gotta wait till it shows up on MSDNAA... I'm starting to get the feeling it won't until October 22 :(

The official MD5 matched ISO's have been out for weeks now. Grab it somewhere else if you are desperate.

yes, getting it elsewhere (as long as the hash is the same) is a good idea since those other places can maximize your d/l bandwidth. ;-)

lol, going for a speed record...at least the servers aren't down.

Yep my ~300 at the start, has dropped steadily and now down to ~70.
I would love to know how many clients are on here.

Also wondering why each edition has a separate ISO.

Just realized this, the ISO's for home premium, pro and ultimate are the same, only the config file is different that chooses what version to install.
They are all the exact same size

The official MD5 matched ISO's have been out for weeks now. Grab it somewhere else if you are desperate.

I know, and I've had the final release installed for weeks now... I'm just waiting for a key.

32-bit done. x64 on the way. Still averaging around 200k. Nothing compared to my average 1.8-2MB/s. But hey it's going and not down. :cool:

Sweet - Thanks man! Up to 2MB/s! I wonder if this is P2P?
Think it's a CDN - content delivery network, ie. servers are located near or at ISPs and other 'nearby' systems so subscribers get better service. CDNs then sell their "closeness" to content distributors. I heard Microsoft used these guys (it was an article something like 'OMG MS uses Linux !!1!1' because Akamai servers were/are using Linux) but I never actually knowingly used it til today.

Very handy, I'm very thankful that KevinG posted that information, I sure wouldn't have clicked "Top Downloads" out of curiosity alone. I won't have to abandon the download at work afterall, heh.

Back