1 more hour till Windows 7 RTM? Vista RTM came out 2am EST on Nov. 8th.

Can I install Premium and Pro off of the Ultimate .iso as long as I input the correct key?

And we swoop in like a pack of hungry vultures, devouring the bits @280KB/s

Downloading nao. A lot of guy's here at work are having to reformat due to Vista being a bitch. They will be extremely happy to upgrade to Win7.

344 KB/sec

Also wondering why each edition has a separate ISO.

They also have all seperate keys for each ISO. X86 and x64 different keys as well and the versions (home Premium, Professional, etc..)

LOL we all have like 60+ keys to choose from :p

They also have all seperate keys for each ISO. X86 and x64 different keys as well and the versions (home Premium, Professional, etc..)
I'm getting keys shown duplicated between the x86 and x64, as per usual. Keys are for each edition, not CPU architecture.

LOL we all have like 60+ keys to choose from :p

False.

x86 and x64 use the same keys.

I requested an x64 key, and when I pull up the x86 download, it's the same exact key.

Now, you WILL have diff keys for Basic, Prof, Enterprise, etc...

False.

x86 and x64 use the same keys.

I requested an x64 key, and when I pull up the x86 download, it's the same exact key.

Now, you WILL have diff keys for Basic, Prof, Enterprise, etc...

Same thing here. :( I dont get why they are offering an x86 ISO though....

I'm glad they offer it in 32-bit.
I plan on putting the RTM on my laptop which is an old Pentium M 1.6. RC is running like a dream on it. There's millions of systems out there with enough horsepower to run Win7 that are 32-bit. Why exclude them?

Also wondering why each edition has a separate ISO.
7 is not Vista.
Vista is not XP.

The sooner people realize this the sooner we can all move along...

The images *are* essentially all the same, save for the file on each disk that specifies which edition to install... (Which you could remove that file and build your own image if you wanted to).

Same thing here. :( I dont get why they are offering an x86 ISO though....
For all the 4 and 5 year old hardware, perhaps?

I understand that but the retail and oem DVD is supposed to contain both 32 and 64 bit version, hence we should only need 1 Windows 7 iso.

Anyone else getting the enterprise editon with german below the cd key? I checked and I'm on the en-us site...

ishot158.jpg

I understand that but the retail and oem DVD is supposed to contain both 32 and 64 bit version, hence we should only need 1 Windows 7 iso.

Where did they say that? I know they ship (at least for Ultimate) both disks, but I highly doubt they are one one DVD. It'd have to be a DL DVD.

Back