1 more hour till Windows 7 RTM? Vista RTM came out 2am EST on Nov. 8th.

The Bourne Distribution

hehehe Ok, that's the best reply and the most humorous one I've ever had the pleasure to read... and almost spit my soda clear out across my keyboard, mouse, monitor, desktop, and half this side of my room... hehe Priceless.

Very well done, sir.

I just installed this release. Everything is fine so far, but somehow this windows aero theme is not working.

1) In my previous 7065 Build whenever there were multiple windows open, while pressing <Windows + Tab>, it always displays all the windows in the form of cards (including the desktop), but with this current release its not happening. Can someone tell me the resolution to this?

2) Whenever I put cursor on any minimized window it always display the thumbnail of that minimized windows but in this case its displaying the ICON. How can I get this thing fixed? Even while pressing Alt + Tab keys its displaying icons instead of thumbnails.

I just installed this release. Everything is fine so far, but somehow this windows aero theme is not working.

1) In my previous 7065 Build whenever there were multiple windows open, while pressing <Windows + Tab>, it always displays all the windows in the form of cards (including the desktop), but with this current release its not happening. Can someone tell me the resolution to this?

2) Whenever I put cursor on any minimized window it always display the thumbnail of that minimized windows but in this case its displaying the ICON. How can I get this thing fixed? Even while pressing Alt + Tab keys its displaying icons instead of thumbnails.

Did you make sure to install drivers for you video card?

I installed Windows 7 (this one as well as the old beta 7065 release) in my old rig, which is having Pentium D with indel 945 chipset. So Windows 7 always came up with this driver. It is displaying windows aero in theme option, but I am not getting the effect of AERO theme.

Pulling this from my Technet ISOs, just FYI.

Ultimate x64:
MD5: F43D22E4FB07BF617D573ACD8785C028
SHA-1: 326327CC2FF9F05379F5058C41BE6BC5E004BAA7

Ultimate x86:
MD5: D0B8B407E8A3D4B75EE9C10147266B89
SHA-1: 5395DC4B38F7BDB1E005FF414DEEDFDB16DBF610

I have to activate it within 30 days, however this product key is not working for me

Those are not product keys. They are file integrity hashes used to verify that the file you downloaded didn't get corrupted.

So I didn't purchase it so I don't have the installation disk windows package, so how can I obtain the activation?

So I didn't purchase it so I don't have the installation disk windows package, so how can I obtain the activation?

If you have a technet plus or MSDN subscription, they'll provide you with a key to activate. There is no other way at this time to legally obtain it.

If you have a technet plus or MSDN subscription, they'll provide you with a key to activate. There is no other way at this time to legally obtain it.

I don't have an account but I paid 30 bucks to one of my senior for providing his credentials temporarily so that I could download the ISO. :(

Sux!!

Purchase it!

:D

Instead of paying 250 bucks for just 1 year subscription its better to wait for the final release and then purchase the license. My senior even said that its completely legal to pay some partial amount to the scriber and get that thing downloaded for limited period of 3-4 months

Instead of paying 250 bucks for just 1 year subscription its better to wait for the final release and then purchase the license. My senior even said that its completely legal to pay some partial amount to the scriber and get that thing downloaded for limited period of 3-4 months

Uhmmm... say what?

Whoever said that to you took your money and lied to you.
Depending on who that person is (I assume English isn't your first language, and "senior" is someone like a foreman, boss, or someone else who's above you in the chain of command) you may want to talk to his boss, or turn that bastard into Microsoft so they can sue his ass off.

Ah, I understand. Well he better give you your money back for pulling that BS move, you'd think he'd know this.

He is an MCSD.

I'm a graduate of the Advanced University of Google and the Back Shed, and I know conclusively that he's talking complete and utter shit! Good grief, it's not even technically 'legal' for a Release Candidate download to be obtained via Technet and passed on to another user in that fashion. And end-user running even the Release Candidate has to obtain it for himself or herself, via formally sanctioned channels, in order to end up with a legitimate license to use!

What the fella is describing is a breach of license for Technet, and the fact of accepting money in return makes it an act of commercial piracy.

Shit. He is my project manager. I can't insist him for money, otherwise my job might be in jeopardy. Anyways I will use this for 30 days and then purchase the orignal license when its launched

Considering he's your project manager and he did something very questionable, sounds like you've got some leverage over him now... use it wisely. ;) (somehow this will get lost in translation but but but... what he did was wrong, by any meaning of the word so...)

Back