1 Million point challenge

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
I got one more that should happen in the next day or two. Then another that I should have in a couple weeks.

Some are going to be brutal. With all my boxes running all 26 cores, I will manage like 12k a day in Latin Squares... so miserable.

Yeah... Latin Squares AKA ODLK1 is terrible for points accumulation. I'm finally at 900k and will be excited when I'm finally done with that terrible project.

Just passed 1 million in 10 projects:
Einstein@Home,
PrimeGrid,
Collatz Conjecture,
Amicable Numbers,
Universe@Home,
MilkyWay@home,
GPUGRID,
Enigma@Home,
World Community Grid
Moo! Wrapper

EDIT:
Added Moo! Wrapper

Last edited:
Pushing Moo! on my lone GPU :)

I may push SETI later, but my "big" machine is in a state of being set up (new SSD), and I kinda have to stop crunching to get to the part where I get Linux installed again.

I'm at 45 projects now, thanks to the Distributed Hardware Evolution Project.

Last edited:
I'm at 27 for the same reason, but I was gonna hold off until they start exporting the stats again and free-dc starts updating them before I announced it.

Which will put me "right" behind you on the [H] 1M point leader board.

Recently added ODLK, GoofyxGrid NCI and LHC Dev@Home,

Including DHEP the total is now 47 which is as far as I can go without work appearing on the remaining project stragglers.

Moving onto the 10 mil challenge :)

Recently added ODLK, GoofyxGrid NCI and LHC Dev@Home,

Including DHEP the total is now 47 which is as far as I can go without work appearing on the remaining project stragglers.

Moving onto the 10 mil challenge :)

I was scouting out some of those Gridcoin guys and holy shit, they were getting over 900,000 points a day in ODLK1. Thats about 90 THOUSAND tasks a day. Insane.

I was scouting out some of those Gridcoin guys and holy shit, they were getting over 900,000 points a day in ODLK1. Thats about 90 THOUSAND tasks a day. Insane.

The two ODLKs are about the slowest credit earners there are. I was getting about 150K ppd so those guys rigs are a factor of 6 more powerful. I think I'll accept defeat!

Last edited:
The two ODLKs are about the slowest credit earners there are. I was getting about 150K ppd so those guys rigs are a factor of 6 more powerful. I'll think I'll accept defeat!

I was just shy of 20k ppd and I was ecstatic because it would only take me 50 days to get 1 million versus the 83 days I had originally calculated.

I have 1.6m on Amicable Numbers but that stats link in the first post does not show me. :confused: https://stats.free-dc.org/mmakers/1m

I will also have over 1m in rake search after the stats update - had it running for the past couple of days..
Currently have 926k on Number Fields so I'll fire it up next for a bit to get it over 1m too. :)

I can really only rock and roll well with CPU projects though so I'm a bit limited compared to most. I'm not a gamer and have no real use for a high end GPU.

Last edited:
To show up on the list on that web site you need to have more than 1, 1M milestone. Since you only have 1 it's not going to show you until you get to your 2, 1M milestone.

I also edited that link to only show the team member's 1M point list.

Ah - okay. Did not know that. I passed 1m in in Rakesearch sometime early this morning so I should pop onto that list very soon then. :)

It appears as though the original link also only shows those who have at least 17 at 1m or more.

Edit to add - I guess most of the stats sites are pretty slow to update, like over 24 hours refresh. The only one that still shows my updated stats is BoincStats. The others are still behind.

Last edited:
Yeah, the original link shows everyone in BONIC and only shows the top 500 people. The new link is all [H] members and should show everyone with 2 or more 1M point projects.

I got 366,535 points to go.
wiggle.gif

ODLK1 or LatinSquares or whatever they want to call themselves today. Getting pretty limited on options....
Can aim for the 10M (8-digits) project goal. There is no limit....;):D

Unfortunately, the multitude of projects out there don't deserve my further contributions... I ran a lot of them up to 1 million simply to hit this goal. ODLK and ODLK1 is an example of that. I have no intent on putting any serious efforts back into them.

Unfortunately, the multitude of projects out there don't deserve my further contributions... I ran a lot of them up to 1 million simply to hit this goal. ODLK and ODLK1 is an example of that. I have no intent on putting any serious efforts back into them.

with some of these low payout projects a million points IS serious effort.

BURP has some work going out today, if you are working towards 1 million in that one like I am currently doing.

Back