1 long, 2 short mobo beeps on POST

Jesus_Faction

[H]ard|Gawd
So, i decided to reboot my secondary comp yesterday. It turns out that wasn't a good idea. While it's POSTing i get 1 long, 2 short mobo beeps. Now as far as i know that means a video error. All the fans still spin up and the HD spins if i have it plugged in. I've tried clearing the CMOS all night with the battery out and everything. I've tried to boot with only 1 stick of ram and the gfx card in and it does the same thing every time.
Now I've inspected the gfx card and that seems fine ( its only a few months old gf4 ti4200 from BFG)

This is a leadtek socket A mobo, that's got a few years under its belt and its running on a generic 400W psu
3.3V 5V 12V
28 30 11

any other things i can try here?

You can work out what the beep codes are by looking at your manual, but it does sound like a vga problem. Clean the contacts on the card, and make sure it is seated properly. Also, try with an old card to see that it is not the card that is borked for one reason or another.

yeah i really wish i had access to a PCI gfx card around here cuz i think the problem lies within the agp slot or with a capacitor around it

Back