#1 DVD Ripper

dwayne001

Limp Gawd
I go this program cause it was recommended for converting my dvds to wmv for my x-box media library.....

but when i start the proggie nothing happens. I get a small hour glass next t othe mouse and then i look in the task manager i see the process running and taking something like 50% of the CPU...but i get no windows to interface with the program. i've uninstalled and then reinstalled and like...same thing.

any suggestions?

do a virus scan first thing

if you come up with nothing post more information please

what is the program, what os are you running, computer specs might help as well

every dvd copyier or ripper sucks except

DVD Decrypter + VOB Blanker + DVD Shrink

they are the only programs you should be using, and they are FREEEEEEEE

Legaly free!

klowngoblin said:
every dvd copyier or ripper sucks except

DVD Decrypter + VOB Blanker + DVD Shrink

they are the only programs you should be using, and they are FREEEEEEEE

Legaly free!
Thank you for such an informative post. What makes you such an expert? :rolleyes:

well general consensus Id guess :p

I use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink myself
and they are highly recommended at doom9.org

as to the only choice, well.....

:p

Throw another vote in for the combo of Dvd Shrink and DVD Decrypter (not in that order). Though MaximumPC raves about #1, I haven't yet seen any reason to shell out cash for a DVD backup program.

Ice Czar said:
well general consensus Id guess :p

I use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink myself
and they are highly recommended at doom9.org

as to the only choice, well.....

:p

what he said ^^^

I'm wth Ice on this one. DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I haven't needed anything more.

As for shelling out cash, I sent the DVD Decrypter guy a few dollars. I want to help keep it going.

I also like autoGK for taking the ripped stuff and making it into avi files. It's really easy to use and pretty fool proof.

DVD Decrypter for ripping, and DVD Rebuilder w/ CCE for en-coding. All of you like DVD Shrink because it's an easy program to deal with, but it does exactly what it says it does. It shrinks your DVDs. If you want to go with real high quality DVD authoring, I would go with Rebuilder with 6 passes in CCE. You will notice a hell of a difference in quality compared to DVD Shrink. Any DVD authoring website (including doom9) would agree.

I'm on XP-Pro SP1.

Proggie shows up in taskman as a process but it doesnt show up on the taskbar nor are there any windows for me to interface with it. I've uninstalled and resinstalled to no avail.

Sandbox Magician said:
DVD Decrypter for ripping, and DVD Rebuilder w/ CCE for en-coding. All of you like DVD Shrink because it's an easy program to deal with, but it does exactly what it says it does. It shrinks your DVDs. If you want to go with real high quality DVD authoring, I would go with Rebuilder with 6 passes in CCE. You will notice a hell of a difference in quality compared to DVD Shrink. Any DVD authoring website (including doom9) would agree.

I've never used DVD Rebuilder... How does it manage to fit a dual layer DVD onto a single layer without losing quality?

Back