1 Day only Frys.com 4670k $204

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting ready to post this. Is there a difference between this and the 4770k like hyperthreading or what not. AMD guy here, but thinking of getting this for my sons new build.

Just getting ready to post this. Is there a difference between this and the 4770k like hyperthreading or what not. AMD guy here, but thinking of getting this for my sons new build.

Yes, the 4770k is an i7 processor the 4670 is an i5. It lacks hyperthrading and I believe has 1MB less cache.

Man, that is a pretty good deal. Have not placed an order online with Frys before and The nearest one is an hour away...Decisions decisions.

Do you want it in an hour or a few days? ;)

True, I think I would rather have it shipped to my house since driving to San Jose would cost me more in gasoline than paying shipping.

I just noticed that the add says 4 cores\8 threads. Hopefully most will know that is not true. ;)

True, I think I would rather have it shipped to my house since driving to San Jose would cost me more in gasoline than paying shipping.

I just noticed that the add says 4 cores\8 threads. Hopefully most will know that is not true. ;)

HA! That's usually my rational, driving from San Francisco to Palo Alto (nearest one) takes a little less than 2 gallons of gas round trip, so depending upon if we're in the summer "driving season" or any other BS, look at about $7.50 in gas to go there, shipping almost always is cheaper, and you're guaranteed to get it, and it's actually a new one not a return that's been re-shrink wrapped (although this is less of an issue with CPUs)

If you have a Fry's in state then after tax you save like $20, add shipping and its only $10 savings.

Thats nothing. Check out MC. They have the 4670K for $199 (in store) and you get $40 of most of the major monitors out there like the 1150 socket mAtx socket Asus Z87 Tufts for $129 or the Gene version for $169. That deal is like $80 more on Newegg.

May just go for it though have no time to drive to MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back