1.7v AGP voltage safe?

Circuitbreaker8

Supreme [H]ardness
Im still having this damn stuttering problem with my 6800 GT. I know it has to do with my nForce 3 chipset b/c it never happened with my intel i865 or nForce 2 chipset. This is at stock speeds also. I've tried everything ( AGP aperature : 256Mb, AGP freq: 67 et , new PSU, Arctic Cooling NV5 etc.. ) NOTHING WORKS. I even reformatted! Argh, this is the last NV card i'll ever buy. Anyways, i just need a fix to get rid of the stuttering. I couldnt care less about OCing this card, I just want the damn stuttering to go away! My questions is this: Is 1.7v AGP voltage safe?

ummm try it, its pretty safe since it won't do anything anyways... and you didn't mention turning off fastwrites...

Circuitbreaker8 said:
My questions is this: Is 1.7v AGP voltage safe?
Yeah it's safe since your card's voltage is set in the bios anyway. But if your 12v rail is low (which seems unlikely with that PSU), it could help make sure the card is actually getting its 1.3v. :D

And why are you blaming nvidia cards when you said it was the mobo? :confused:

anyone know how to change the agp voltage for my gigabyte k8n pro?

Hm...I just downloaded those Xtreme G drivers ( 71.20b i think ) and I have no more stuttering.....w00t. Make sure u set "render frames ahead=0" though in the D3D tab.

I thought that it wasnt your card?...try to OC the proc ...and what kind of studdering is it?..like a Really big LAG or is it like low framerate studdering?....

is everything cool enough for 1.7v?

aZn_plyR said:
anyone know how to change the agp voltage for my gigabyte k8n pro?
some motherboards dont let you change voltage settings..but if your board does its probly in the bios settings

Warrior said:
I thought that it wasnt your card?...try to OC the proc ...and what kind of studdering is it?..like a Really big LAG or is it like low framerate studdering?....

is everything cool enough for 1.7v?

Its basicly just skipping frames....so imagine playing UT2k4 and having skipped frames here and there. Very annoying. I think these new drivers sorted everything out though...I donno. Never leaving ATi again though :eek:

if yuou sayed the card ran fine in other boards..then its not the card..no reason to blame companys..thats just biased

have you ever thought that is was a software or even a motherboard problem?...

Ok heres your problem: the 6800 ultra/gt (not sure bout vanilla) have these stuttering problems. its a HUGE issue and a very big bug with them. There was a big thread at andtech forums about it I think.

Well, finally people realised that these stuttering effects are caused by many things (fastwrites, not enough voltage, not enough power etc.) but the main on is the BIOS. It is a problem I had and really got on my nerves. Even stock BIOSES on them can be weird on them, I had to flash my bios 3 times over with stock one before I fixed the problem with my 6800. Some peopel reporting having to flash 5+ times, I believe your problem is the BIOS.

Good Luck

Zxcs said:
Ok heres your problem: the 6800 ultra/gt (not sure bout vanilla) have these stuttering problems. its a HUGE issue and a very big bug with them. There was a big thread at andtech forums about it I think.

Well, finally people realised that these stuttering effects are caused by many things (fastwrites, not enough voltage, not enough power etc.) but the main on is the BIOS. It is a problem I had and really got on my nerves. Even stock BIOSES on them can be weird on them, I had to flash my bios 3 times over with stock one before I fixed the problem with my 6800. Some peopel reporting having to flash 5+ times, I believe your problem is the BIOS.

Good Luck

What bios do you recomend using? Do I need a floppy to flash lol?

hmm, I've seen lots of 6800U bioses but few GTs so I don't have a link offhand, google is your friend. To flash the bios you need a floppy, nvflash and a copy of the BIOS you are going to use. Read cornelious' thread on how to flash GT, will give you some idea how its done

Back