1.66Ghz Core Duo14.1" WXGA TFT, 1GB DDR2 60GB DVD-RW $699

Awesome Deal... I wish I would have cought that XPS one where it was 1200. :0( Imma save and pray for a next time ;-)

I don't know why anyone would buy a laptop with video that isn't Vista capable when the launch is just a few months out.

CEpeep said:
I don't know why anyone would buy a laptop with video that isn't Vista capable when the launch is just a few months out.

Well if you think about it, not everyone jumped on XP... Even a lot of businesses stayed with 2000 even after years of XP being out. Even when Vista comes out, it's not like we are all going to stop using XP... I know I won't hop on the Vista Wagon til... who knows when, but this is still an awesome deal.

Just a few months out? Only in Steve Balmer's wet dreams. January next year at the earliest, and even now there rumors of longer delays.

Most laptops that are being sold are that way. The only thing you'll be missing out on though is the eye cany, nice but not necessary.

placeboFx said:
Dual Core isn't Vista capable?

We're talking about the video chipset. The GMA 950 isn't powerful enough to run Aero.

After posting it I realized that and should have changed it. My bad. Not a bad system though with the exception of the video card. I am torn between pc notebook and mac book. I don't/won't be playing any games on it. Just work and surfing.

Look at the laptop for $999, it sais it uses Intel® Core™ Duo T2300E as oppossed to Intel® Core™ Duo T2300

CEpeep said:

It will run vista just fine, and even if it doesnt do the Aero. I have been useing windows blinds with the samething for years on a slower machine without problems

noobtech said:
Awesome Deal... I wish I would have cought that XPS one where it was 1200. :0( Imma save and pray for a next time ;-)

With that one you are paying near $650 more for a 3" LCD difference and a nvidia 7900 videocard. I really wish we could update the E1405 onboard

so where are the PCMCIA 7900s at? ;)

CooLSpoT said:
With that one you are paying near $650 more for a 3" LCD difference and a nvidia 7900 videocard. I really wish we could update the E1405 onboard

so where are the PCMCIA 7900s at? ;)

So you can't swap one of those 7800's into the 1405 board? I guess only the X1400 will fit.

Back