1.5 vs 1.35 ram

I got Ivy Bridge, is 1.35 better choice for ram?

It seems like the 1.35v ram are usually low profile like the samsungs. They OC very well and dont hinder the big cpu HS's like the NH-D14.
I believe I saw that gskill(?) has some low profile 8gb ram sticks as well.

I prefer the 1.35v. The samsung ones I am using are great. Sadly, they don't make 16gb kits. Both 1.35 and 1.5 will be fine for ivy bridge and just choose whichever one is cheaper or looks better to you.

Lower voltage means lower power (assuming the resistances are the same). So it'll maybe be a bit cooler. This isn't very important with RAM unless you're doing extreme clocking or something crazy.

I'd more select on what the latencies are, frequency, and such. I personally went with 1.35V for my build, but that was more because of the heatspreaders being olive-drab to match the motherboard.

Lower voltage means lower power (assuming the resistances are the same). So it'll maybe be a bit cooler. This isn't very important with RAM unless you're doing extreme clocking or something crazy.

I'd more select on what the latencies are, frequency, and such. I personally went with 1.35V for my build, but that was more because of the heatspreaders being olive-drab to match the motherboard.

+1 agreed..

Back