1.5 TB Western Digital Green $58 after $30 MIR & BCB at Tiger

Well you don't get them for performance, heh. I've got the 2tb version and it's been wonderful.

I've got two of these hot swapped in a linux file server and they work great. If I had the spare change I'd buy a few more but prices if anything are just going to keep getting lower if I wait long enough - say another 6 months to a year.

Great deal if you can't wait though :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

well, I don't care that quite that much, however I did buy a 800gig WD Caviar Green as a backup disk for more than that recently.

This is a pretty hot deal, as the 800gig was the best WD as far as price per gig is concerned.

Wish this was around then.

This are also 32 mb cache vs the other one which is 64 mb. May not matter to some. It also say must run beyond anything Vista.

Last month got the Seagate 7200 at TD too using bing and AR for $58.

Same (I did it because I already owned 2 other seagates) and I believe that was the quickest turnaround for a rebate yet... I think I got my $30 card in like 3 weeks.

Yes, I got my $30 card this week too and that is fast rebate. I got debit rebate card worth $130 from others. I wish they all sent me a check. I hate this format!

Yes, I got my $30 card this week too and that is fast rebate. I got debit rebate card worth $130 from others. I wish they all sent me a check. I hate this format!

That is why they do itt, when the card expires it is their money. I have tons of those rebate cards that still have some money left on them. It's hard to get anything that is "exactly" the amount unless you request they use that much from the card. If the checks didn't take six weeks, they'd be my go to every time.

I have tons of those rebate cards that still have some money left on them. It's hard to get anything that is "exactly" the amount unless you request they use that much from the card.

What is so hard about asking the cashier to take out exactly that amount? I stick a post-it to my cards that has the balance on them.

I heard some bank allow you to cash it out. If you have this good experience, let us know.

BTW, the rebate/price applies for all of their outlets (Tiger, Compusa, Circuit City, etc), online or in store. I grabbed one at a CompUSA store locally.

Hard to beat $.04/GB for a HDD that isn't made by Seagate.

QFFT - I jumped on this to replace a 3-month old 1.5 TB Seagate that caught the click of death. Nice to have while Seagate RMAs a replacement that will probably die just as fast

I heard some bank allow you to cash it out. If you have this good experience, let us know.
I've done it at a few different banks - I have never heard of any bank that couldn't/wouldn't do it.

Back