1.5 TB Seagate 7200.11 HDD off Ebay, $97.22 with free ship using Live Cashback

RGMBill

Gawd
I was trying to get in on the 1.5 TB deal TD is doing, but I couldn't get through Live Search; kept giving an error. So I looked at Ebay.... and they have the drive (before cashback) at $138.88, not a good price compared to TD or Egg, but it's 30% cashback, plus free shipping. You do have to use Paypal, but I bought two and the net is $97.22 for each after the Live Cashback. Don't know if everyone thinks that's hot, but 3TB of disk for $194.44 and high speed seems hot to me!

Edit: Urk!, Meant to say 7200.11, not 7200.10

Can you please post the name of the EBay store you bought them from, or perhaps a link?

Thanks.

Link $139.88, insurance included in shipping.

My suggestion: Buy 4, get back ~ $167 cashback
This should show up instantly in your account.
Buy 4 more same seller or another and you will get 555-167, = $388 charged to your paypal, and have $167 cashback again.

Repeat as necessary. Comes out to $97/drive.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Link $139.88, insurance included in shipping.

Buy 4 more same seller or another and you will get 555-167, = $388 charged to your paypal, and have $167 cashback again.

That's the right link, but the base price is 138.88, not 139.88 (I know, picky). But yeah, that's the store.

what was that code for 10% in paypal? I remember seeing it but cant seem to find it... I realize it was only e-mailed to certain people but others claimed it worked for them as well so I mind as well give it a try

thanks

EDIT: nvm found it. CHOLIDAYNOV2008

EDIT 2:

$138.88
Shipping & handling:
FREE

Coupon - 10% Off
-US $13.89

Total: US $124.99
30% Cashback Total:US $41.66
FINAL PRICE: 83.33
(5.5 cents per gig!!)

EDIT 3:
ah damn, on the next page it says i'm not eligible for the coupon. booo. oh well, still [h]ot. That makes 2 of these drives in 2 days even though I can't afford either... oh well.. that's what credit cards are for!

$133.99

Full procedure (assuming you've used cashback before)
1) goto live.com
2) put "ps3" in the search box
3) click ebay link
4) search for 1.5TB
5) there are a whole bunch of auctions (just now) for $133.99 + free ship. How low can you go ? :)

since when does cashback become instant? Just 2 minutes after I purchased the $41.66 cashback appeared directly in my paypal account!!!! huh!? I'm not complaining, but... :eek:

I'm tempted to cancel my newegg order from yesterday (119.99) and get another one... i mean, $25 is $25.... (ah damn, says I can't change my order since i've been charged and the cancel button is gone now... booo)

I'm also thinking maybe the coupon didn't go through because my ebay and paypal email addresses were different (which was mentioned on the page that rejected it... woops)... but it also said about the eligibility thing.

since when does cashback become instant? Just 2 minutes after I purchased the $41.66 appeared in my paypal account!!!! huh!?

Yeah I just noticed this today as well :)

Wish it was like this before, but alas I've maxxed out my cashback :(

YES WE ALL KNOW WE CAN GET CASH BACK ON ANYTHING NOW WITH LIVE.COM. Who gives a crap. I mean, you ARE selling all your ebay info to MS, keep that in mind.

$133.99

Full procedure (assuming you've used cashback before)
1) goto live.com
2) put "ps3" in the search box
3) click ebay link
4) search for 1.5TB
5) there are a whole bunch of auctions (just now) for $133.99 + free ship. How low can you go ? :)

I've never done the Paypal cash back thing yet. When I get to step 3 of your procedure, I don't see the EBay link. :confused:

lol you are missing out

The ebay link is in the paid result box up top. Just search the page for "30" and you will find it.

lol you are missing out

The ebay link is in the paid result box up top. Just search the page for "30" and you will find it.

I see the problem. I had Adblock Plus turned on (for Firefox). I turned it off and now I see a lot more stuff on that live.com search page. Tricky, tricky!

Anyway, thanks.

Buy a bunch now on ebay and sell them later the ones you don't use :D
smiley2.gif

Or then again, maybe not.

My suggestion: Buy 4000, get back ~ $167,000

When the bill shows up for 4000 hard drives, change your name to Bank of Robstar and ask for a government bailout

Repeat as necessary.

^ You should consider a career in the Treasury Dept or Wall Street :D I mean its not like you can do any worse!

Bah, live.com won't allow me to login right now, says site is temporarily unavail. Hope to get one or two of these babies tonight!

EDIT: seems to be back up, slow and sometimes timing out.

As for instant cashback, been ~30 minutes and no instant cashback, only pending. Is the instant cashback over?

Stupid ebay customer support!!! I had the paypal coupon and it wouldn't let me use it. Called ebay and they put me on hold for 30 minutes. Called paypal and they hung up on me, TWICE.

Stupid customer service departments, plus I couldn't really understand the stupid women they had helping me. Bunch of morons at these companies.

people who post every savings permutation with LIVE CASHBACK.

Mind telling us who is holding a gun to your head and making you look at all those threads? :rolleyes: If you don't like 'em, don't look at 'em and/or don't complain about 'em. Many of us here welcome those threads.

Mind telling us who is holding a gun to your head and making you look at all those threads? :rolleyes: If you don't like 'em, don't look at 'em and/or don't complain about 'em. Many of us here welcome those threads.

Wow.... and here I put this up because I had literally just had to cancel with TD because they wouldn't ship me my Deskstar HD after over two weeks (though they took my money quickly enough... and still haven't refunded it as of this morning).... I found this, but people were gushing over worse deals with TD, and it was my first Ebay Cashback....

It's STILL a good deal for those who can do this... and like you say, if Venhm doesn't appreciate them, perhaps he can KEEP FROM READING THEM. I wouldn't have thought to do this if I hadn't seen the occasional post mentioning these, so keep 'em coming, folks. They're still hot deals.

Very sweet deal. Too bad I bought a 1gb and 750gb a few months back. 11/cents a gig seems almost extremely expensive now, lol.

I'll hold off temptation (don't need the space right now), as by the time I need the space (around next BF probably), we'll probably be doing this for 2TB drives.

CSHOPEBAY2008

Not bad. Could only find 1.5tb's for $138, 10% off took it down to $372 for three drives and I get $124 cashback. So $248 for three 1.5TB hdd's. Now I need to cancel my order at Tigerdirect, whome make it a pain in the ass to cancel.

CSHOPEBAY2008

Not bad. Could only find 1.5tb's for $138, 10% off took it down to $372 for three drives and I get $124 cashback. So $248 for three 1.5TB hdd's. Now I need to cancel my order at Tigerdirect, whome make it a pain in the ass to cancel.

Which make/model HDD is that? Thanks.

It's STILL a good deal for those who can do this... and like you say, if Venhm doesn't appreciate them, perhaps he can KEEP FROM READING THEM. I wouldn't have thought to do this if I hadn't seen the occasional post mentioning these, so keep 'em coming, folks. They're still hot deals.

The actual deal you refer to is a 25 or 30% off of a huge variety of products. Someone should have posted that and stickied it as applicable to all purchases so we don't have to wade through every single deal possible with CB live if we have no interest in them.

It was the same thing with Google Checkout and a few others. People ended up giving the wrong idea about the actual deal because all the prices included the GC discount. It adds a lot of noise and confusion to the forum. They did sticky the GC thread, as I recall, saving us headaches.

People also don't realize that the purpose of this program is to seed your personal information into a consumer data warehouse at microsoft. Further, you allow them access to all information of the affiliate e-tailer, including purchase history, web habits, referrals, other unique identifiers including advertising cookies that link you to dozens of other sites and affiliate networks. This is literally like selling your browser history to MS for 30% off of a hard drive, because that's what they're regenerating in the database. Google at least tries to stick to an ethic in the use of that information... but this is MS, who tries to circumvent any ethic.

Back