1.3GHz C3 CPU and motherboard -$5 After Rebate

CentronMe

2[H]4U
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...urceid=qDQ4QCXPjeH-Ab32V1hU&siteid=0029226583

Syntax - S635MP - SiS Socket 370 microATX Motherboard with Audio, Video, AGP 4X, USB 1.1, CNR, IrDA, 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN Support and Integrated VIA C3 1.3Giga Pro Processor.

PRICE:........................$59.99
LESS REBATE:...........- $54.99
FINAL PRICE:...............$5.00*

Yes it is a VIA CPU, but still good for a web surfing box or whatever. Takes PC2100 DDR RAM.

thanks much!

wait.. shipping to california is at least $13.70 plus theres tax

still nice deal if you're low on $$ :D

*didnt read the repost rule, apologies.....by the way, the "1.3 Gigapro only runs at something like 800mhz......

chris

Mine should ship tomorrow. After $10 for shipping and $5 for tax I am up to $20 but still something to play with. Warranty will be voided the day I get it.

I ordered one. I don't know what I'm goig to use it for yet, but....

Maybe a HTPC

saw the deal on FW. Ordered it.

Hopefully will work with a stick of PC1600 I have. Going to order a TB Santa Cruz and then use it either for a carputer or as a media box.

Do you think these things will be able to handle a divx/xvid movie? I know I would say that you should have at least a 700 mhz tbird to do divx....but hopefully this can do it.

Originally posted by neoreturns

Do you think these things will be able to handle a divx/xvid movie? I know I would say that you should have at least a 700 mhz tbird to do divx....but hopefully this can do it.

hmmm...im not sure if it can handle it...the FPU runs at half speed (400mhz) so it might not quite be up to snuff...let us know though..itll be interesting to see what these things are capable of...

Ok I just cancelled my order after hearing of everyone on FW not getting the rebates for the wireless thing from TD (rebate from same company)

:mad:

I guess I'll be on the hunt for a mATX nforce2 board instead.

I just ordered one of these. The cost for 2nd day shipping was $13.

neoreturns:
Could you post the link where you saw tht they were not honoring their rebates?

Originally posted by pineapples10
hmmm...im not sure if it can handle it...the FPU runs at half speed (400mhz) so it might not quite be up to snuff...let us know though..itll be interesting to see what these things are capable of...

Actually, and C3s over 1Ghz have full speed FPUs now.

hmm...ill look into those...anyone know of a C3 motherboard combo where the processor is over 1ghz? Also, the combo should be cheaper than a 1ghz Athlon combo :)

Heh, well no C3 is going to beat out an Athlon. I just made a Flex-Atx style computer using a 1Ghz Athlon. A7N266-VM motherboard, quite a nice system.

I'm in the middle of window modding it now though.

it seems to me though that any board with a C3 over 1ghz costs as much as a much faster Athlon/Motherboard combo (over $125) I guess you have to pay for the smaller size...

Chris

I wouldn't bother with this, you're gonna have to pay like $75 upfront, and your gonna get MUCH less performance than even a 1ghz celeron. I was tempted to get this for my file/game server until I researched it and pulled up some benchmarks. I think I'm just gonna buy like an athlon 800 combo from someone on the fs/ft.

I just got mine in the mail today. It is a little bigger than I expected. I will test out once I get another stick of ram. Does anyone have a stick of pc2100 256mb that they will sell me for cheap?

256mb PC2700 (underclockable) is only $20 AR at BB this week. I think $36 BR.

is the rebates gonna work?... how do we complete the rebates and is it really true that they are not honoring the rebates?

thanks

Is this a mail in rebate or instant rebate? A little note says "*Price after a $54.99 mail-in rebate. Expires on 02/28/2004.
Rebate limited to 1 per household." so I'm curious if it's deffinately a mail in.

Tiger direct is possibly the worst company out there when it comes to rebates. Thanks, but no thanks.

I got mine, and put WindowsXP on it. For some reason, windows and cpu-z are both reporting that it is only running at 600mhz....

according to Sandra, it benchmarks the same as a celeron 266

anyone have any ideas?

Originally posted by laban
I got mine, and put WindowsXP on it. For some reason, windows and cpu-z are both reporting that it is only running at 600mhz....

according to Sandra, it benchmarks the same as a celeron 266

anyone have any ideas?

....laugh and cry at the same time.....

Originally posted by MaMMa
still not bad for 5$ :rolleyes:

For $5 it's something to play with. I have a couple of students that are having fun with it.

Back