$1,300 For A Special Edition Video Game?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Quick, off the top of your head, what would you guess comes with a $1,300 "Premium Edition" video game? If you said a replica of the main characters jacket you are a better man than I am because I said "hookers and blow."

The upcoming Premium Edition for survival horror game Resident Evil 6 comes with a copy of the game, four different RE6 branded tablet covers (a Chris version, a Leon version, a Jake version, and a Secret version), and a Leon leather jacket. The price for this limited edition bundle? A cool ¥105,000 or US$1,293.

Actually, I just did the math in my head, a regular copy of the game + console of choice + two hookers + blow is actually cheaper. :D

Leon's Jacket... how much is it worth?

Is it like quality made like... actually worth 1240 dollars?

Leather jackets can easily cost more than that, so if it's a good jacket it might not be a bad deal.

I just went to the Capcom website where they're selling these things, and they don't even show actual pictures of the jackets. I'm sure some die hard fans will still buy them though.

Hah, just googled capcom leather jacket... first thing that popped up was Capcom selling leather jacket for $1240.

Don't know where on the capcom website sells it. But what did it go for?

I pity the poor mom who tells her son he can have any game he wants for his report card :)

haven't played a RE game all the way through since RE2, Cant remember that emo fag Leon. Must be some new anime looking crap character they put in for the kiddies.

Actually, I just did the math in my head, a regular copy of the game + console of choice + two hookers + blow is actually cheaper. :D

Just kidnap the hookers instead. You can buy moar blow. :eek:

I really like the Resident Evil series but $1300 for a "premium edition game" and a jacket is beyond ridiculous.

Unless it comes with green herbs; then I'll buy it.

The trend of $1000+ (Wouldn't put it passed devs to make a $10,000+ tier) is actually really interesting.

If you look at Kickstarter, a lot of popular games have $1000, $5000, $10,000 tiers and they sell out FAST.

Leather jackets can easily cost more than that, so if it's a good jacket it might not be a bad deal.

You're kidding, right? I got a leather jacket for under $100.

The same exact thing that gets resold for over $500.

Hint: The labels aren't visible when you're wearing it.

Resident evil series on the playsation was a garbage game with bad tank controls and more wrong with it than right and it was a rip off of alone in the dark that came out like what 3 years before it. with bad voice acting and it was about as scary as a high school halloween party.

Resident evil 4 was not that much of an improvment

I have no idea how this crap series lasted so long.

The trend of $1000+ (Wouldn't put it passed devs to make a $10,000+ tier) is actually really interesting.

If you look at Kickstarter, a lot of popular games have $1000, $5000, $10,000 tiers and they sell out FAST.

Usually it's other developers that buy those tiers, or groups.

Resident evil series on the playsation was a garbage game with bad tank controls and more wrong with it than right and it was a rip off of alone in the dark that came out like what 3 years before it. with bad voice acting and it was about as scary as a high school halloween party.

I bought into it because I liked the story.

Im finding it hard to get excited for RE6 though, new virus, new players, same heroes, doesn't seem very well implement other then having welkers kid in there, which doesn't make sense since this is about a new virus and not the t-virus...

If they are going to offer this type of merchandise you should be able to go somewhere and get fitted at least. Nothing is worse then a leather jacket that fits terribly.

People will pay for that. After all some people blow €1100 on a cpu just for gaming.

Both of these. A quality leather jacket ain't cheap.

How much do designer jackets usually go for? I've tried a bit of googling and leather jackets go for around $350 to $500. Haven't seen one that'll go for $1,000.00.

Probably because Resident Evil 2 was so great. I've played the first game and it wasn't good. Then again, I didn't play the game when 3D games were just coming out. The idea of moving from a 2D game to a 3D game gave Resident Evil games a lot of push.

Resident Evil 2 was certainly the epiphany of the series. Second best was Resident Evil Code Veronica. Everything after that just went downhill. That has a lot more to do with the direction of the Japanese culture. Even though the series shamelessly uses American like characters for better overseas sales, there's a noticeable change in characters over time. Originally taking a lot from the Night of the Living Dead type of movies, but slowly moved more towards Anime style characters. Becoming more flamboyant.

Capcom's developers are spending too much time trying to appeal to the Western world as well as the Japanese culture. Not just Resident Evil, but a lot of games from Japan seem to be doing this, and are ruining their games. Stick with one culture and work with it. People aren't going to avoid games because they aren't American enough. We didn't in the 80's and the 90's, so why start messing with it now?

Few years ago this would have been a shocking price, but today, I'm not surprise at all after seeing how many people put down $1000 or more for the Wasteland 2 kickstarer project. :eek:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

Guess there are many rich gamers out there who are willing to spend such amount of money on their favorite franchise.

Back