.01% FPS too low?

lightsout

[H]ard|Gawd
COD:MW has been feeling a bit sluggish, so decided to look at my lows. It's strange (I have never monitored these before) but the .01 will start out like the .1, but will soon after drop down to a single digit. Is there something I can do about this? Is this normal?

Attachments

• fps.JPG
    fps.JPG
    808.5 KB · Views: 0
Not sure what I am looking at here.

What are "Framerate 1% low" and "Framerate 0.1% low" supposed to represent?

Looking at the graph, they seem to represent some kind of average but I am not really sure what's what. Do they have a FAQ or something?

Believe it or not you may be running out of ram. The game is using 12.5gb. That doesn’t leave a lot for windows tasks.

Believe it or not you may be running out of ram. The game is using 12.5gb. That doesn’t leave a lot for windows tasks.

that's not the game using 12.5GB, that's his total system usage so he's fine on the memory front.. my guess is going to be the 1060 being the limitation.. while it says it's only using 4.4Gb of video memory, likely the games allocating way more than that.

Oh sorry my signature is old I'm running an RX 5700 8GB.

I'm not sure if these are averages are not. No other numbers that AB records are averages, but it does seem weird how tht number starts high, and then consistently tanks every time. And after a while it will basically be stuck at something super low like 1.

Not sure what I am looking at here.

What are "Framerate 1% low" and "Framerate 0.1% low" supposed to represent?

Looking at the graph, they seem to represent some kind of average but I am not really sure what's what. Do they have a FAQ or something?
1% low is -2.32 standard deviations from the average mean frame rate and 0.1% low is -3.1 standard deviations from the mean. If you have relatively high overall average and 1% low, but very low 0.1% low, you will experience noticeable stuttering every 2-20 seconds. Picture a bell curve. The OP situation would have a nice, wide and shallow curve and then suddenly drop to the floor as it approaches the edge. For smooth gameplay you want the bell's curve to be shallow throughout its range.
Oh sorry my signature is old I'm running an RX 5700 8GB.

I'm not sure if these are averages are not. No other numbers that AB records are averages, but it does seem weird how tht number starts high, and then consistently tanks every time. And after a while it will basically be stuck at something super low like 1.
Sounds like a memory leak. People have been reporting performance issues since the February 25 patch and it could be related.

Reactions: dgz
like this
1% low is -2.32 standard deviations from the average mean frame rate and 0.1% low is -3.1 standard deviations from the mean. If you have relatively high overall average and 1% low, but very low 0.1% low, you will experience noticeable stuttering every 2-20 seconds. Picture a bell curve. The OP situation would have a nice, wide and shallow curve and then suddenly drop to the floor as it approaches the edge. For smooth gameplay you want the bell's curve to be shallow throughout its range.

Sounds like a memory leak. People have been reporting performance issues since the February 25 patch and it could be related.
I see thanks, good point as I didn't notice it before the patch, haven't been playing much so only login now and then.

Back