Windows 3.1 Programs Brought Back To Life By Internet Archive

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Will we get an archive of Windows 10 apps in about 25 years, or are those not worth remembering?

Windows 3.1x (codenamed Janus) is a series of 16-bit operating systems produced by Microsoft for use on personal computers. The series began with Windows 3.1, which was first sold during April 1992 as a successor to Windows 3.0. Subsequent versions were released between 1992 and 1994 until the series was superseded by Windows 95. During its lifespan, Windows 3.1 introduced several enhancements to the still MS-DOS-based platform, including improved system stability, expanded support for multimedia, TrueType fonts, and workgroup networking.

It's amazing how far Solitaire has evolved in such a short time.

cool. I still have a couple of dos boxes around which still have a win 3.1 . Yeah I like old shit.

This is frigging awesome!

As Acidrain97 mentioned; "Yeah I like old shit." LOLOL

Hell, I still have an old 386 sporting Windows 3.11 for work groups that I mess with every now and then. With this site I might fool around with it more. :p

Still have an old 286 system I still use on occasion. I have a Harris 20Mhz chip but it's only running at 10 MHz at the moment. I need to desolder the crystal and resolder a new one to get my desired 20 MHz speed. :)

Back