Fallout 4 1.3 Update

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Fallout 4 1.3 update for the PC is now out. This is an automatic update for all PC users on Steam and will be available later this week for consoles. Hit the link for the complete list of fixes and new features. Thanks to polonyc2 for the heads up!

The 1.3 update for Fallout 4 is available as an automatic download for all PC users on Steam and will be available later this week on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The update has several new features – including PC-specific enhancements like our new ambient occlusion setting (HBAO+) – as well as new fixes for gameplay, quests, and Workshop Mode.

I had a ton of subtitles not being caught up. Bummer now that I finished the game, don't need subtitles to just run around shooting people in the face and throwing their body in the river....

I am not the only one that does that right? right?

I thought HBAO+ was an Nvidia exclusive feature...can AMD users use HBAO+?

I thought HBAO+ was an Nvidia exclusive feature...can AMD users use HBAO+?

It is Nvidia feature but is hardware agnostic, just like HDAO is AMD's equivalent to the same thing but also works on both cards. Performance however MAY be bit lower on the competitors card but it should be nothing dramatic.

It is Nvidia feature but is hardware agnostic, just like HDAO is AMD's equivalent to the same thing but also works on both cards. Performance however MAY be bit lower on the competitors card but it should be nothing dramatic.

I thought HBAO+ was part of Nvidia's Gameworks set which is frozen out for AMD users...in some game HBAO+ seems to be a part of Gameworks and in others it seems open

I am a little upset over this because I just downgraded from the 1.3 beta since it has a bug where the load times somehow doubled. Hopefully that has been fixed.

Sweet!, besides a few little glitches, F4 has run without any CTD at all and i had CTD's with skyrim randomly even without mods.

They havent added anything to the beta 1.3 update.
I'm on the beta and there is nothing new to download so it must be the same.

I am a little upset over this because I just downgraded from the 1.3 beta since it has a bug where the load times somehow doubled. Hopefully that has been fixed.

It was hotfixed in the beta patch not long after release.

I haven't played it since patch. How are the new effects looking? Is performance up at all?

I had a ton of subtitles not being caught up. Bummer now that I finished the game, don't need subtitles to just run around shooting people in the face and throwing their body in the river....

I am not the only one that does that right? right?

Nope, but I wish I could clear out those respawning zombies from the Boathouse settlement. I am getting ready to just wall up the structure so the zombies can't get out and set up some turrets to shoot them through the windows :D

Nope, but I wish I could clear out those respawning zombies from the Boathouse settlement. I am getting ready to just wall up the structure so the zombies can't get out and set up some turrets to shoot them through the windows :D

I out lazy beam turrets all over that place. No problems anymore :)

Really? are you using any mods?

Yes, just this weekend I installed my first ones.

Dog Armor
Companion Behavior thought I am not sure that's working
CBBE and some other recommended for a Piper mod that's supposed to pretty her up and make her work better, working better is up for debate.
And one that adds some sort of NCR armor from New Vegas, the coat, helmet and mask set.

Yes, just this weekend I installed my first ones.

Dog Armor
Companion Behavior thought I am not sure that's working
CBBE and some other recommended for a Piper mod that's supposed to pretty her up and make her work better, working better is up for debate.
And one that adds some sort of NCR armor from New Vegas, the coat, helmet and mask set.

I looked on nexus, did not see anything i wanted yet. Waiting for a vault type player home mod. I made one for F3 but i have no time these days.

Don't hold your breath.
Considering that Bethesda had to nerf the imagine quality of the game so that people would stop complaining, I would think a feature like DX12 or Vulkan would be a high priority thing. Instead of something like HBAO+ which does the complete opposite.

Also the FleX based weapon debris are Nvidia only, which means that Nvidia did a little money hand shack with Bethesda to get these features into the game.

nvidia_gtx280_dollar.jpg

Is it also too much to ask for a Linux port as well? Maybe Gaben can also do the money hand shack magic to get it onto Linux? It works for Nvidia.

Gabe-Newell-peers-seductively-over-his-fan-of-money-610x240.jpg

Considering that Bethesda had to nerf the imagine quality of the game so that people would stop complaining, I would think a feature like DX12 or Vulkan would be a high priority thing. Instead of something like HBAO+ which does the complete opposite.

Also the FleX based weapon debris are Nvidia only, which means that Nvidia did a little money hand shack with Bethesda to get these features into the game.

nvidia_gtx280_dollar.jpg

Is it also too much to ask for a Linux port as well? Maybe Gaben can also do the money hand shack magic to get it onto Linux? It works for Nvidia.

Gabe-Newell-peers-seductively-over-his-fan-of-money-610x240.jpg

I hate to say it, but i wouldn't hold my breath either.
DX12 support would be awesome, but i dont see the reason for them to do it, wouldnt it take a lot of time and resources? And what would be their roi? Unless sales are not doing well, but im not sure DX12/vulcan support would change that.

I looked on nexus, did not see anything i wanted yet. Waiting for a vault type player home mod. I made one for F3 but i have no time these days.

I know what you are saying, mostly what I found I had no use or desire for. The Dog Armor one actually makes the vanilla dog armor provide armor value instead of just an aesthetic look that provides no protection. Dog armor that isn't actually armor made no sense to me so ...

The Mods for Piper were initially to improve the follower's behavior as they are always getting in the way and messing me up. I wanted my followers behavior to improve, I was hoping this one would do it, the rest were listed as needed to make her look as she was portrayed so I went ahead and rolled with it.

The NCR armor, though I installed it I don't know how to get it yet, is because I don't like the normal armor looks. Truthfully, most of the armor looks terrible. The leather probably looks best to me. The metal is OK except the chest pieces, a tire across your back, really? Combat Armor isn't too terrible but the synth looks pretty bad to me and the raider is OK except that I'm not a raider sooo.

Other Armors look good but have inferior stats, really inferior. Face it, other than Power Armor, the best is a Ballistic Weave clothing option with your preference of modifiers, same for a hat, and your favorite tacked on armor pieces. These give you some serious armor values but they really can look terrible.

Maybe if there was a way to make the armor transparent so the clothing is all you see.

Maybe if there was a way to make the armor transparent so the clothing is all you see.

One of the mods, Customizable armor or sumthin, has an option in the paint(?) section "The Emperor's New Clothes" that makes armor invisible.

One of the mods, Customizable armor or sumthin, has an option in the paint(?) section "The Emperor's New Clothes" that makes armor invisible.

I wanna rock the pirate gitup you get after getting the castle setup. Nothing else but pirate. And an eye patch. I know nobody see's it, hell I can't even see it. But I would feel better knowing I looked like a fucking pirate while stomping around with a shotgun.

I know what you are saying, mostly what I found I had no use or desire for. The Dog Armor one actually makes the vanilla dog armor provide armor value instead of just an aesthetic look that provides no protection. Dog armor that isn't actually armor made no sense to me so ...

The Mods for Piper were initially to improve the follower's behavior as they are always getting in the way and messing me up. I wanted my followers behavior to improve, I was hoping this one would do it, the rest were listed as needed to make her look as she was portrayed so I went ahead and rolled with it.

The NCR armor, though I installed it I don't know how to get it yet, is because I don't like the normal armor looks. Truthfully, most of the armor looks terrible. The leather probably looks best to me. The metal is OK except the chest pieces, a tire across your back, really? Combat Armor isn't too terrible but the synth looks pretty bad to me and the raider is OK except that I'm not a raider sooo.

Other Armors look good but have inferior stats, really inferior. Face it, other than Power Armor, the best is a Ballistic Weave clothing option with your preference of modifiers, same for a hat, and your favorite tacked on armor pieces. These give you some serious armor values but they really can look terrible.

i might try the dog armor. i didnt realize the dog armor had no armor value? that makes no sense. My favorite armor is the wanderer (for aesthetics), however you cannot customize by adding pieces, but the vault suit works pretty good with light combat armor, but does not look very good. Need a mod for locking you power armor, and storing items, i like to sneak around and leave my armor hidden, but i got into a skirmish the other day, and one of the raiders hopped in my power armor!... it got ugly :D

i might try the dog armor. i didnt realize the dog armor had no armor value? that makes no sense. My favorite armor is the wanderer (for aesthetics), however you cannot customize by adding pieces, but the vault suit works pretty good with light combat armor, but does not look very good. Need a mod for locking you power armor, and storing items, i like to sneak around and leave my armor hidden, but i got into a skirmish the other day, and one of the raiders hopped in my power armor!... it got ugly :D

I always pull the core before walking away from it. Seems to take care of that.

Back