The Division Beta Extended

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ubisoft has decided to extend The Division beta for a day to give more people the opportunity to play. How many of you got into the PC beta?

Earlier today, we announced that we were now inviting as many players as possible from the waitlist, in addition to those who had guaranteed pre-order access. We’ve started sending invites, with priority given to those who signed up first. In order to allow everyone who has access to fully enjoy the Beta, we’re happy to announce we’re extending the duration by 24h for all players. As a result servers will remain open until Tuesday, February 2nd, 12pm CET | 6 am EST | 3 am PST.

I got into the Xbox One beta. Game seems interesting. Not sure how much of a cluster fuck the PVP area will turn into. Wasn't that bad last night. But did read about people cheating on the PC to have unlimited life or ammo. Issue I can see on all consoles is people turning into assholes and just killing everyone as they enter the PVP area or just camping the hell out of evact areas. Although with the full map it might be harder than the small area you had for the beta.

Still on the fence about getting the game.

A user was generous enough to give me a beta key. Unfortunately the game has a lot of issues...first few attempts resulted in CTD and hard locks, and then after some tweaks I managed to play for an hour or two and sadly the game is just a fairly generic feeling cover-based third person shooter.

I wouldn't really call it an RPG...it seems more shallow than Borderlands and I wouldn't really call that an RPG, either.

The game is great, definitely deviates from the norm for an MMORPG. Not sure the player cap per zone yet as it seems the zones I kept getting put it in are pretty dead, usually seeing 1 or 2 players never more than 6 at a time. The interface is fantastic and creative. I love the weapon customization and talent trees look fun. The game has lots of potential if Ubisoft listens to feedback.

I got into the Xbox One beta. Game seems interesting. Not sure how much of a cluster fuck the PVP area will turn into. Wasn't that bad last night. But did read about people cheating on the PC to have unlimited life or ammo. Issue I can see on all consoles is people turning into assholes and just killing everyone as they enter the PVP area or just camping the hell out of evact areas. Although with the full map it might be harder than the small area you had for the beta.

Still on the fence about getting the game.

I had a really fun time in darkzone, helped some groups, got held up at gun point, had a few fights. Then I played later in the day and it was full of groups sitting outside the entrances killing everyone who entered or respawned. So I like the idea but it needs some work.

I wouldn't really call it an RPG...it seems more shallow than Borderlands and I wouldn't really call that an RPG, either.

They call it an RPG. you level up from xp from killing, you have loot drops, you get different leveled weapons and armor that give you different stats, while not in the demo you craft different things by breaking down items into materials and building new weapons and armor. They want the game to be an shooter RPG, not a 3rd person shooter. Description from the official site. "Tom Clancy's The Division is an open-world RPG experience. Play in a persistent and dynamic world with tactical decisions, RPG action, trading and more". Bungie argued over calling Destiny what it was, and MMORPG shooter. Ubisoft is flat out telling you up front that is what this game is.

I had a really fun time in darkzone, helped some groups, got held up at gun point, had a few fights. Then I played later in the day and it was full of groups sitting outside the entrances killing everyone who entered or respawned. So I like the idea but it needs some work.

So what I thought some people were already being dicks and entrance camping. :/ Although in all fairness in that DZ01 and DZ02 areas that you could access there should have been 7 or 8 actual ways in but since we only have access to part of the map we were locked down to only 2. So if you actually have 20+ ways in (once you can access DZ03 - 08) it might not be that bad. Once I figured out what the darkzone was it wasn't that bad. I couldn't figure out at first what the point even was, I was surprised to start with when I went in and found another player next to me, then spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out what the area was for.

It was alright. It was fun, but the AI was stupid.

I'll buy it on sale. It's a fun game, and they should fix the AI before release. Not a fan of the PVP stuff. I like the solo stuff. I'm a lone wolf, a nomad. A vagabond. Call me what you will...

They call it an RPG. you level up from xp from killing, you have loot drops, you get different leveled weapons and armor that give you different stats, while not in the demo you craft different things by breaking down items into materials and building new weapons and armor. They want the game to be an shooter RPG, not a 3rd person shooter. Description from the official site. "Tom Clancy's The Division is an open-world RPG experience. Play in a persistent and dynamic world with tactical decisions, RPG action, trading and more". Bungie argued over calling Destiny what it was, and MMORPG shooter. Ubisoft is flat out telling you up front that is what this game is.

They can call it what they want but that doesn't necessarily make it so...you "level up" but the only thing that means is higher level gear / enemies / etc. The skill system looks pretty shallow and you don't seem to have any sort of character traits or anything.

Many people won't even call Diablo an RPG and it had far more character depth than this game does.

I'll buy it on sale.

This. The earlier videos made it look cool as fuck but the beta was pretty boring and only had maybe 30mins of actual gameplay not including the dark zone or whatever it's called.

So what I thought some people were already being dicks and entrance camping. :/ Although in all fairness in that DZ01 and DZ02 areas that you could access there should have been 7 or 8 actual ways in but since we only have access to part of the map we were locked down to only 2. So if you actually have 20+ ways in (once you can access DZ03 - 08) it might not be that bad. Once I figured out what the darkzone was it wasn't that bad. I couldn't figure out at first what the point even was, I was surprised to start with when I went in and found another player next to me, then spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out what the area was for.

Agreed, I think maybe it could have been intentional, to see what players do in a confined area with limited access. It could be a way of testing how many players per square KM would work. Or it was just arbitrary and not much thought. Either way I hope the experience is better and more rounded at launch. I did kinda have fun when two people holding guns at my face asked me what I had in the pouch, knowing that if I died I would lose XP. Maybe if there was a good amount of loss it could be worth ditching your items and running for your life as an option.

They can call it what they want but that doesn't necessarily make it so...you "level up" but the only thing that means is higher level gear / enemies / etc. The skill system looks pretty shallow and you don't seem to have any sort of character traits or anything.

Many people won't even call Diablo an RPG and it had far more character depth than this game does.

There are traits, you just couldn't access them in the beta, leveling up gives you more health, attack and skill power. Not sure about other things since we couldn't access everything to know how it effects traits or abilities. As for RPG, sounds like some people are twisting the very basic meaning of the term. Adventure games are like legend of Zelda or darksiders where you find items to allow for more health and attack damage. RPG games use experience gained to level up to gain more health, attacks and other traits. If you don't consider any game to be an RPG that sounds like a personal issue. JRPGs are not the only type of RPG game.

It is definetly a shooter first. The story has up unlock upgrades to your base in the pve zone some of the stuff says not in the beta then unlocks anyway if you get far enough. I rescued some lady doctor and a bunch of grunts who then start wandering around the base. I might be more careful who I rescue when the game comes out since some of the stuff like interacting with assassin's creed style echos which unlocked other missions by reading the little sign posts? not sure what to call them you walk around the echo are looking for four white triangles pointing at each other and they unlock missions that show up at triangles on the map. So the wall climb uses the same controls as syndicate, which just came out. Some times it feels weird not to be able to hit space and jump but find the right spot and vault my self fifteen feet in the air. Still it makes some of the more fun things like the person taking the shower at that you see as you walk by on the expressway or the women doing something. I just wish I could figure what is and is not destructible. There are areas where the windows shoot out and other where you just put one hole in them. Like the tires. go shoot any of the tires on a car. one will go out and you can not shoot the rest. grin.

my only complaint is that I wish they would make it so going solo is a viable way of playing the Dark Zone area instead of having to rely on squads/groups (even though the matchmaking is easy to use)...I want the DZ to be more Deathmatch vs Team Deathmatch

my only complaint is that I wish they would make it so going solo is a viable way of playing the Dark Zone area instead of having to rely on squads/groups (even though the matchmaking is easy to use)...I want the DZ to be more Deathmatch vs Team Deathmatch

I was in there solo, I never teamed up with anyone during any of my time playing the game. Why did you need to join a squad or group?

I was in there solo, I never teamed up with anyone during any of my time playing the game. Why did you need to join a squad or group?

I've done DZ solo but it seems geared towards group play...players can easily steal a solo players loot and form a Rogue group...NPC enemies are also are easier to dispatch with friends

Back