New Titanfall and Mass Effect: Andromeda Coming In The Next 14 Months

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
How (or why) have they managed to keep so much of the new Mass Effect secret despite its nearing launch?

"In Q1, we'll begin with the creative and innovative Mirror's Edge Catalyst from DICE launching in May. A great line-up of EA Sports titles are in development for next year, and we look forward to sharing more about these new experiences in the months ahead. An all-new Battlefield game from DICE will arrive in time for the holidays, we're excited to have a new Titanfall experience coming from our friends at Respawn - and of course, Mass Effect Andromeda from the team at BioWare will launch later in the fiscal year."

Aside from the streamlining that occurred over the first three games (I won't mention the craptacular ending), I'm actually hopeful that Bioware will still be able to keep a couple of years padding between releases and keep at least some semblance of quality. We don't need more fiascoes like Assassins Creed.

Just don't promise on choices we can make that ultimately mean nothing in the end.

Next 14 months? It should damn well come in the next 11, as they said holiday 2016

Next 14 months? It should damn well come in the next 11, as they said holiday 2016

I'd rather they come out 3 years from now rather than rush development.

I hope the new Titanfall game launches with a reasonable amount of content. I like Titanfall's gameplay a lot but even I wasn't willing to pay $60 for it and when they made all the DLC that we'd already bought free, that was a bit of a kick in the ass too. I liked the Mass Effect series too, but I'm taking a wait and see approach on both of these. EA is out of touch with reality.

I thought Titanfall was a flop? I bought my Xbone when it was the bundled set and everyone was excited about it. I played it for a day and realized it was just a basic multiplayer game with little campaign content. It was sold as this new innovation in merging multiplayer and campaign....and all it was just getting rid of multiplayer.

Kind of like how Guild Wars proclaimed they found a way to make an MMORPG that didn't use the "Trinity" (Tank/DPS/Healing).....then it turned out all they did was get rid of tanking and healing. That's not innovating, that's just removing something.

Anyways, back to the point, Titanfall lost it's value very quickly. On the PC, the price plummeted within months of release. And even now it is one of the cheaper used games I see for Xbone ($10 commonly).

Mean to say

It was sold as this new innovation in merging multiplayer and campaign....and all it was, was just getting rid of campaign.

Titanfall wasn't a game I bought. I'm not big into multiplayer and well...Titanfall lacked that single player all together, so I didn't even bother.

I'm hoping Mass Effect is good. Ya, the ending sucked, but the game itself was still fun to play.

I'd rather they come out 3 years from now rather than rush development.

4.5 years should be enough time for a game. Even a Mass Effect. If they can't pull it off in that time, then I don't think a few extra months would make a difference.

I liked titanfall but yea it just god old really quick. The combat was fun to play but was just same old same old. Really would have liked a nice single player or 2-4player experience with a story that made sense. The story it had felt like they just quickly put something together.

I guess ME3 may hit a price I'm willing to pay on Steam. The new one I'll wait and see

Back