Facebook Smashes Street's Highest Estimates

HardOCP News

[H] News
Facebook just reported $5.84 billion in revenue in the quarter ending in December, 2015. According to the report, mobile advertising made up about 80 percent of revenue.

The company reported that it earned 79 cents per share on $5.84 billion in revenue in the quarter ending in December, 2015. The highest estimates on the Street had called for earnings of 75 cents and revenue of $5.67 billion, according to data from Thomson Reuters. On average, analysts had expected Facebook to report earnings of about 68 cents a share on $5.37 billion in revenue, according to Thomson Reuters.

This must explain why I see one ad per status update on FB. I wonder how many ads they can put in your newsfeed before people will stop looking at it.

This must explain why I see one ad per status update on FB. I wonder how many ads they can put in your newsfeed before people will stop looking at it.

I don't know, I agree with you in thinking online ads are ineffective, but it seems that they will always pay the bills for Google and Facebook. Talk about a distortion field.
If the online ad follows me, then it just pisses me off, then again, irritation is part of the strategy, I just don't know if I need an ad blocker and VPN irritation is the idea, but what do I know?.
I look at the article and skimmed trough it, does it not mention profit? Maybe I missed it.
I swear sometimes I think these companies are supported by the Goverment, these numbers make no real sense to me.

Before I put in ABP, I would see the same ads follow me place to place, particularly on Facebook. The thing of it was, it was usually if I was browsing for something I wanted to buy, then they would keep serving it up to me over and over again, even if I had bought it already.

So if they're able to link the two, it might seem that I bought something because of all the ads. But in reality the string of causation is backwards; I was going to buy something, and either did right then or within a few days, and so it appears the ads were successful.

I think these companies are supported by the Goverment, these numbers make no real sense to me.

That's what I assumed; who in their right mind pays money for internet ads that do nothing?

Wasn't it GM that pulled out of facebook ads after their studied their effect and found they made zero impact?

Back