GeForce Game Ready Driver 361.75 - WHQL is out

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
GeForce Game Ready Driver 361.75 - WHQL is out.

The new GeForce Game Ready 361.75 WHQL drivers for Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tom Clancy's The Division beta test are now available to download via GeForce Experience. With Game Ready optimizations and SLI profiles for the two new action titles, our latest set of drivers will deliver the best possible experience whilst raiding tombs and battling foes in New York City.

Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver. As a result, you can be sure you’ll have the best day-1 gaming experience for your favorite new titles.

Game Ready
Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Rise of the Tomb Raider and Tom Clancy’s The Division (Beta)

Gaming Technology
Beta support on GeForce GTX GPUs for external graphics over Thunderbolt 3

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/ar...m-clancys-the-division-beta-game-ready-driver

There are DL links on the site, or use GFE.

Release Notes PDF

woo! new drivers for the beta!!! installing now on my MSI GS 60

we're into January now and Nvidia still hasn't forced everyone to download GeForce Experience with new drivers which they stated they would do in December...hopefully they came to their senses and decided to abandon this stupid idea

haha now my Asus Strix GTX 960 shows up as safely remove hardware like it's now a USB device??, guess that is part of the Thunderbolt connections they are trying to support ?

we're into January now and Nvidia still hasn't forced everyone to download GeForce Experience with new drivers which they stated they would do in December...hopefully they came to their senses and decided to abandon this stupid idea
They're probably hoping it will quietly die and everyone will forget about the idea.

How's the driver? Any new bugs or issues discovered or is it alright? How's the performance? As the two previous drives had lower performance than 359.

How's the driver? Any new bugs or issues discovered or is it alright? How's the performance? As the two previous drives had lower performance than 359.
seems ok here so far other then as i posted my 960 now shows up in my USB devices for safe removal in windows 10 taskbar , games and video so far working fine,
saw no increase in any FPS so far over the last driver and my GPU is still reporting cool temps when not under load (36 C) , other drivers it seemed to run hotter for some odd reason

seems ok here so far other then as i posted my 960 now shows up in my USB devices for safe removal in windows 10 taskbar , games and video so far working fine,
saw no increase in any FPS so far over the last driver and my GPU is still reporting cool temps when not under load (36 C) , other drivers it seemed to run hotter for some odd reason

I wonder if the taskbar thing is a Windows 10 thing only...anybody with Windows 7 try these out?

i think that is part of the added BETA support for thunderbolt , its for connecting an external GPU alot of people on the nvidia forum said they have it too in the task bar

Gaming Technology

more on thunderbolt can be found here https://thunderbolttechnology.net/

I'm hoping. I hate the GeForce Experience. I see no value in it.

i think that is part of the added BETA support for thunderbolt , its for connecting an external GPU alot of people on the nvidia forum said they have it too in the task bar

but what about the other stuff added with the new driver like NvBackend.exe?...that also part of Thunderbolt?

nvidia back end loads in my task bar too with this new driver , its for launching your Nvidia control panel go in task manager and shut it off if it bugs ya , it loads as a start up service

Last edited:
nvidia back end loads in my task bar too with this new driver , its for launching your Nvidia control panel go in msconfig and shut it off if it bugs ya , it loads as a start up service

I never had any issues loading Nvidia Control Panel before...why add a new Startup service now for it?...sounds like I may have to skip these drivers...I hear it lowers performance in Rise of the Tomb Raider as well which is ironic considering this is supposed to be a Game-Ready driver

i got no clue why they added it this time , maybe it has to load for the thunderbolt support ??
i just right click on it and select exit . i opened task manager and disabled it from start up but it keep's coming back ,,if i uncheck it from services in msconfig i can not open the control panel after i reboot , it'll probably be part of all the drivers going forward , to support external GPU connection

as soon as i exit it it goes away .. then open Steam it'll load again in the taskbar

Last edited:
now someone tell me how to get rid of this dumb ass remove hardware icon please.

-NVIDIA control panel is still slow as FUCK
-my card continues to idle at 1114 MHz
-still can't record at higher bitrates with resolutions below 4K with shadowplay nor can you record at framerates >60

Gaming Technology

more on thunderbolt can be found here https://thunderbolttechnology.net/

Does this only show up on PCs with Thunderbolt? Because that is going to be extra annoying if there is a tray icon for PCs without it...

Does this only show up on PCs with Thunderbolt? Because that is going to be extra annoying if there is a tray icon for PCs without it...

shows up for everybody apparently, whether you have Thunderbolt or not

now someone tell me how to get rid of this dumb ass remove hardware icon please.

-NVIDIA control panel is still slow as FUCK
-my card continues to idle at 1114 MHz
-still can't record at higher bitrates with resolutions below 4K with shadowplay nor can you record at framerates >60
The NVCP was always slow for me in Windows 7, but it is speedy in Windows 8.1.

Your GPU won't idle if you have more than one display connected.

The NVCP was always slow for me in Windows 7, but it is speedy in Windows 8.1.

Your GPU won't idle if you have more than one display connected.

the QNIX isn't connected, i guess i should remove it from my signature. my card idles at base 3D clocks even after a fresh boot with absolutely nothing else running that would engage 3D clocks, the PG278Q is also running at 120 Hz, so that shouldn't be it either as the problem afaik is with 144 Hz. i'm on windows 10, nvcp is still as slow as ever.

Last edited:
i have to agree looks like another nvidia buggy driver for many users .. it not the games that are bug filled its ..the drivers , they keep adding new stuff........... to break older things i'm goin back to 347.52 ..dont care if i have direct X 12 support ... i own ZERO DX 12 games

the QNIX isn't connected, i guess i should remove it from my signature. my card idles at base 3D clocks even after a fresh boot with absolutely nothing else running that would engage 3D clocks, the PG278Q is also running at 120 Hz, so that shouldn't be it either as the problem afaik is with 144 Hz. i'm on windows 10, nvcp is still as slow as ever.

NVCP is fast for me, I click, it instantly opens. Win10 on an SSD.

That seems like an incomprehensibly stupid thing to leave in a WHQL driver. They must has been really pushing to get that driver out for Tomb Raider :eek:

And part of me hopes someone tries pulling out their GPU after clicking it :D

Any known plans for a hotfix release?

Heh, like the last 3 nv drivers have been followed up by hotfixes that were better than the whql. I actually didn't install this whql driver this time ...

an Nvidia rep has stated that the GPU appearing as a removable item in the taskbar notification will be removed in the next driver...

"This is part of the new beta support for external GPUs however this message will be removed from the next driver."

if you don't want to wait for the next driver...the 'Eject GPU' item can be completely removed by going to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm key in the Windows Registry and setting SurpriseRemovalSupport to 0, then rebooting

These drivers caused my Samsung 4k TV not to come back fully after sleep. Anyone else notice that?

if you don't want to wait for the next driver...the 'Eject GPU' item can be completely removed by going to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm key in the Windows Registry and setting SurpriseRemovalSupport to 0, then rebooting

SurpriseRemovalSupport? That there is evidence that they were just pranking us. Haha, very funny, Nvidia!

just noticed they also installed

NVIDIA Optimus Update 2.9.1.35
on my desktop system , i have an old core 2 quad and an Asus GTX 960 on an Asus Motherboard
why are they installing optimus on my desktop thats for laptops ...
http://www.nvidia.com/object/optimus_technology.html

and there is no way to remove it in add remove programs

hope it does not cause me problems down the road

how does this driver pass WHQL testing??

if it says right here
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-1-27-16-/

in the second post
Issues and Updates:
GPU appears in the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" - To be fixed in next driver
NVIDIA Control Panel crashes on configuring Surround on clean install of driver

shadowplay is causing FarCry 4 to crash on launch too , how did that pass testing ?

thank you that worked perfect !

It's still slow for me on Windows 10. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 at first on a Samsung 840 Evo, then a couple of weeks after that picked up another SSD for a RAID 0 arrangement and did a clean install of Windows 10. NVCP opens up quick enough, but navigation between menus is still ungodly slow for me.

Back