Five Nights at Freddy's World Pulled; Refunds Offered

HardOCP News

[H] News
Those of you that bought Five Nights at Freddy's World on Steam will be able to get a refund soon, regardless how long you have owned the game. The developer has pulled the game from Steam and, when it does come back, the game creator says it will be free.

Hi everyone, I wanted to make a post about the fate of FNaF World. Even though the game had a "Very Positive" rating with 87%, I was not satisfied with the reviews and ratings it was getting. For that reason, I've decided to remove the game from Steam. I've also asked Valve to make it so that the game can be refunded regardless of the amount of the time it has been owned, meaning that anyone can get a refund at any time. It may take them a while to set that up, but it will be in place soon.

can anyone with the game chime in with what was so wrong with the game? 87% is pretty good by steam standards.

Same here, I don't get pulling the game or offering refunds with that high of an approval rating.
Is the guy perhaps having some sort of dispute with Steam or something? "Not happy with the reviews" does not seem much of an explanation.

Well he did post b4 that he felt he released the game too soon and he left out some features and as a result the game was not how he envisioned it.

Seems he went further then simply going to try and fix it and pulled it b4 he got more backlash.

While I never saw the appeal of a game like this (basically pointless) my daughters liked them. The guy made a mint off these games and he has every right to desire his games be received well.

I wish other developers cared this much about user feedback. I admire the guy.

can anyone with the game chime in with what was so wrong with the game? 87% is pretty good by steam standards.

It's because it sucks. It looks like a game from the 90's. Go look up any of the videos on youtube, and I was not impressed at all. I was like, what is the big deal, this looks horrible, and the gameplay looks horrible?

Must be a bunch of 10 year-olds writing those reviews....

It's because it sucks. It looks like a game from the 90's. Go look up any of the videos on youtube, and I was not impressed at all. I was like, what is the big deal, this looks horrible, and the gameplay looks horrible?

Must be a bunch of 10 year-olds writing those reviews....

Its not about graphics. It is about having fun and being jump scared. I play them with my 7y/o daughter. It is a fun game, silly, but fun.

Its not about graphics. It is about having fun and being jump scared. I play them with my 7y/o daughter. It is a fun game, silly, but fun.

This one is a JRPG, not like the previous games. Who knows, aside from the seizure inducing graphics, it looked pretty solid for a steam game (at least from the Jim Sterling vid). Seems like a departure from the previous titles, good for him, branching out.

You should see the new one. It's a happy colorful turn based RPG. Plays nothing like the jump scare one you know of.

Good for him! Yeah, if more devs had this kind of integrity about their product the gaming world would be a much better place today.

I played the first one and didn't care for the point & click slide-show format at all, but it did have surprisingly good suspense and jump scares. That part was pretty cool.

The guy was upset with the community last summer:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/five-nights-at-freddys-creator-responds-to-critici/1100-6429294/

The trolls might have finally become too much to handle for him.

Hadn't seen that, good stuff. Thanks for link.

"Did you know that last year I was working at Dollar General? I worked as a cashier. I had three bosses who were all still in high school," Cawthon said. "Before that I worked at Target in the backroom freezer, unloading frozen foods. I haven't had a successful life; and now that God has blessed me with some success, I'm doing my best to be responsible with that success. I don't party on weekends, I don't get drunk or sip martinis. I spend my evenings playing Megaman 3, buster only, with my kids. And I try to good with what's been given to me."

Seems like the game wasn't what he wanted it be and since he has the luxury of not having to listen to some asshat publisher he's decided to pull it, refund it and make it what he wanted it to be. Good on him! If only Ubisoft or EA actually gave half the shits this guy does about their games we might have more worthwhile games released every year.

Seems like the game wasn't what he wanted it be and since he has the luxury of not having to listen to some asshat publisher he's decided to pull it, refund it and make it what he wanted it to be. Good on him! If only Ubisoft or EA actually gave half the shits this guy does about their games we might have more worthwhile games released every year.

EA/Ubi would have rectified the issue with announcing a sequel and DLC.

It's a stupid game, but my 12 year old nephew seems to love it. He spent 20-30 minutes just telling me about the backstory on it. It amuses me that kids look into the "backstory" of a 30 second $1 jump-scare game.

I read a comment somewhere that one gimmick this developer uses is to always release their games earlier than they publicly predicted they would, and this time around they predicted earlier than they should have.

Back