This Is Microsoft’s iPhone Keyboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know, this looks pretty handy to me (pardon the pun). This would be extremely useful for those times when you need to type on your phone with one hand.

Microsoft is bringing its Windows Phone keyboard to iOS. The software giant is currently testing an early version of the keyboard internally, and will make it available to public testers soon. Sources familiar with Microsoft's plans have revealed to The Verge that the iOS keyboard includes a special one-handed mode.

wha wha wha.

Looks like someone didn't set up the photo right. That would be just about impossible to use, in the layout they have there. Keyboard needs to be on other side. Outside of that, looks good.

BTW, Apple allows 3rd party keyboards???

14537689977cKzisBlK7_1_1.jpg

Apparently what everyone really wants is even smaller keys to try typing messages on. Well played Microsoft.

Let me correct myself....depending on the thumb to phone size ratio, the above layout could be hard for some people.

wha wha wha.

Looks like someone didn't set up the photo right. That would be just about impossible to use, in the layout they have there. Keyboard needs to be on other side. Outside of that, looks good.

The layout is fine. He is holding it wrong.

This is like something out of The Onion...only sadly real.

Can Microsoft just admit they suck at mobile platforms already? They sucked at the stuff 20 years ago with Windows CE and they are little better today.

This is like something out of The Onion...only sadly real.

Can Microsoft just admit they suck at mobile platforms already? They sucked at the stuff 20 years ago with Windows CE and they are little better today.

The image doesn't really describe this keyboard. It's like swype but more accurate. It's considered by even people that don't think much Windows phone a pretty nice mobile keyboard.

I'd like to give this a shot, stock is fine one handed right now but this looks good too.

The layout is fine. He is holding it wrong.
You could also just tap the bottom left corner to change it to the left side.

It's also all optional that's just the compact layout mean for smaller hands on larger phones or just what someone would perfer ofc it has a more traditional layout among crap like wordflow"swipe", auto correction, auto punctuation etc.

Hmmm... no. It's always good to have more choices, but I'll stick with my Swype keyboard on my iOS devices.

Fuck yes. I quite enjoyed the Windows Phone keyboard when I did have Windows Phone. On the other hand, I'm not sure how well I can adjust to that, especially since I type in landscape mode as often as possible because I'm not some sort of pleb.

Seriously, more apps (fucking skype, come on, MS) need to stop being locked to portrait. It is awful.

wha wha wha.

They've allowed 3rd party keyboards since IOS 8.

On an iPhone 6 or smaller, I think it's pointless, but this might make one handed typing easier on phablets. For 2 thumb typing, I think you'd always opt for a more traditional keyboard.

An unfinished keyboard app is the end result of all the money they've shoveled into touch since the 90s. Way to go Microsoft!

Speech to text beats keyboard every time unless you're in public.

Even though I have an iphone 6, I truly miss the small size of the 4. It's a fucking phone, and I have no desire to keep getting bigger phones. This keyboard would be awesome for when your hands are full. I run into that situation often, where I have to text with one hand. It looks perfect for thumb texting.

I'm game!

Not getting the hate here. Have you guys actually used the Windows keyboard? MS might have FUBAR'ed a lot of aspects when it came to WP, but the keyboard was easily the best thing about those phones. Which is pretty sad, lol.

I mean props for trying I suppose. But if I'm using my phone it's either flex t9 a swipe style or voice to text. Using your thumbs is so inefficient.

i could see this useful for pilots, bus drivers, or any other profession that requires at least one hand on a control device.

I just really want to know if it also includes Microsoft's version of auto prediction. It's light years ahead of the competition and you can basically type out entire sentences by hitting the suggested words. Not only that their auto correct is so much better than iOS, it does a much better job getting words right and figuring out what you meant to spell, and if it corrects something simply hitting backspace will return it back to what you spelled in case it got it wrong.

Back